I'm doing it as well on my 19 rogue in between queue, but I'm trying something different. Instead of looting and sending to a rogue that can pick locks and sending back I'm just mass crafting seaforum charges using engineering and doing everything on my 19 rogue, just in case it DOES actually scale to whoever picked the lock.

It's a little more time consuming having to craft them and wait a few seconds to apply them to the lockboxes, but if you are going to spend months on a project like this, why cut corners just to end up looting one and it scale to your other rogue that unlocked it?

You can wait until you see the mats on the AH for cheap and scoop them all up at once and stockpile them as well.

Bought another original version of the dagger.
Seller claimed to obtained it 3 month ago by pick locking on his 110 rogue.

If we are to believe this info, the dagger is not scaling based on level.
Seems legit really considering the fact other items from those boxes do not scale.

Little update about this.
A person looted i26 version of this dagger today from box.

Boxes were unlocked by 110 trial.

Tbh would be more exited if not for chinese rip off forges every kid got this days.

A friend of mine sent me this today.
B3950073-8DFB-4DCF-B304-D9A99CAEBAFB.jpeg

The seller was in the 60’s. Full looms. Doesn’t seem like a twink or ah person.

Now here’s the weird part. This is what the tooltip for the item looked like when moused over in a tradeskillmaster window. Does this mean the item can actually scale to this level?
320BEE18-BE2E-4E2A-B275-68CDB043B6A1.jpeg

60k? That's dedication.

How many evocator blade's did you get? I remember farming for BvB a while back and got 1 drop out of 4k lockboxes.

i got a 29 bvb in my first inventory of boxes

As was stated before, we're not questioning if BvB can scale up, we're wondering if it can scale down. its base requirement before scaling is 21, so yeah no duh it can go up.

Of course there will be some troll who would likely get a GM to scale it by tricking them. But we'd need solid proof of it scaling for someone under lvl 21.

As was stated before, we're not questioning if BvB can scale up, we're wondering if it can scale down. its base requirement before scaling is 21, so yeah no duh it can go up.

Of course there will be some troll who would likely get a GM to scale it by tricking them. But we'd need solid proof of it scaling for someone under lvl 21.

What zone did it drop in when it dropped from a rare?
Just checked it's https://www.wowhead.com/npc=947/rohh-the-silent in Redridge, level floor in Redridge is 15. So assuming it follows the logic of everything else it should be able to scale down as far as 15.

Just thought it was really weird that tsm which usually uses some sort of base tooltip/item info when hovering over an item showed it to him as level 19 scaled when he was buying it

Users who are viewing this thread