BIS Spamstring Warrio spec.

Discussion in '19s (Vanilla)' started by Ryotenchi, Jul 29, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Ryotenchi

Ryotenchi Grandfathered

Im still testing with warrior and I think Im gonna go back to 5/5 unbridled rage.. I currently have 5% crit 3 in unbride rage and 2 in shield specialization to see if I gain enough benefit from my shield spike with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Im feeling like the Unbridaled rage is BIS. As I can always auto attack for rage.. I cant always get hit and Im not often the focus target as a warrior.. Leaving me plenty of time to spamstring, rend and sunder armor my heart out.. Only thing Im lacking is enough rage to maintain it.

2. Arkant

Arkant Freedom~

Unbridled Wrath very bad :(

3. OP
    Ryotenchi

Ryotenchi Grandfathered

Whats better? I feel it works at least.. my only job is to maintain spamstring after all.

4. Skeezin

Skeezin Grandfathered

5. Zimt the Diplomat

Zimt the Diplomat Zimtc[lassic]

I like this spec too, it gives you the most utility. But if your goal is only to spam hamstring and sunder armor without looking for anything else like disarming a defensive hunter or a rogue to save your healers some mana it is legit to ask what is best for this playstyle and the answer won't be this "bis" spec.

In my opinion, even if Unbridled Wrath is mediocre it will generate the most rage, I guess? Combined with Cruelty because crits generate more rage and of course because Booming Voice is shit, I think you have found yourself the best spec for this playstyle. Everything else doesn't make sense if rage gain is your main concern.

Edit: But I guess you have to live with the 9 rage charge then.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 8:38 PM
  6. Arkant

Arkant Freedom~

To make Unbridled Wrath worth it you'd have to pretty much remove Defensive Stance from your bars.

Just switching stance once with 10 rage means you need to auto for well over a minute to make up for that loss through Unbridled Wrath. You also have to auto for almost half a minute after every charge to make up for the rage you're not getting through 1/2 Imp. Charge. These numbers assume a Shadowfang. If you ever switch to a two-hander they will be drastically worse.

There is pretty much no way to make Unbridled Wrath worth your points over Imp. Charge and Tactical Mastery in terms of rage generation without forcing yourself to play extremely suboptimally.

7. OP
    Ryotenchi

Ryotenchi Grandfathered

Okie. ;3 Im trying to get to what is optimal afterall.. so I can focus on trying to proc all 4 of my crusader enchants at once. Instaed of trying to make sure I get my rage generation in. That helps.. IM respecing tonight and will test.

8. Zimt the Diplomat

Zimt the Diplomat Zimtc[lassic]

Now you've done it and activated my tryhard mode ...

... I did some basic simulations to test whether wrath is feasible or not. I still haven't incorporated miss, dodge, crit, etc. but based on the "wasted time", which is the percentage of time the gcd is ready but you don't have enough rage for hamstring, wrath has no significant impact on this indicator.

However, I will put a little bit more effort into this and try to figure out what decreases "wasted time" the most. From what I have seen so far is that of course, attack power and weapon damage increases have a visible effect.

Keep in mind, this is just a simple experimental design with only auto-swing plus spam hamstring, which should not be how you play as a warrior in most cases, but it might give some insight down the road. I will keep you up to date if I find something interesting.

tl;dr Arkant is right on Unbridled Wrath and I may or may not have too much time to spare :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    Ryotenchi

Ryotenchi Grandfathered

10. Frosty

Frosty Member

u can try dropping imp charge for cruelty like some ppl do but its not worth it in my experience. i've had charges resisted and hamstrings missed/dodged too many times.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:28 AM