BIS Spamstring Warrio spec.

I love how people like to add the word 'objectively' thinking that is supports their argument simply by using the word, while not being objective.

Thank you all for your opinions though. I certainly appreciate people who share their experiences with me.

I love how people like to add the word 'objectively' thinking that is supports their argument simply by using the word, while not being objective.

Thank you all for your opinions though. I certainly appreciate people who share their experiences with me.
Everyone other than you knows that 3% parry is in fact objectively better than 10 Rend damage in any given situation.

You have yet to explain how Imp. Rend improves your performance in any meaningful way.

Ah yes. Double down on the insults to "prove" your point.

Manufacturing an argument to create drama is not really my thing. Let me know when youre ready to be civil.

Same shit every time you clowns lose an argument to facts.

Yes, that was an actual insult unlike whatever you think you found in my previous post.

You have yet to explain how Imp. Rend improves your performance in any meaningful way.

Since this is the only things youve said that comes close to a discussion, I'll address. Apologies of my previous explinations were not clear.

I played a support role as a warrior for my guild. The better I did at drawing fire, the more excess rage I had to use on dumping it into abilities to try and force more weapon procs. Since Heroic Strike is only good at leaving a warrior rage starved there are very limited options. If I m going to be dumping that rage into Rend on 5+ targets I might as well get the most out of the ability. Since the bg's I played in were mostly against rogues, the parries might have helped when I was drawing fire, but my healong support and the teamwork from my guild was top notch. And while the increase speed on the swing timer does give me a chance at a quicker attack I gain no rage from a parry and my faster attack can be dodged by a rogue. So ok the Rogue dodges that just triggers Overpower....which I can force more often by inducing dodged Rends.

Same shit every time you clowns lose an argument to facts.

Yes, that was an actual insult unlike whatever you think you found in my previous post.

I don't why you're acting so hostile lately. Is something going on in your personal life or what?

If not, then you need to work on providing constructive criticism instead of insulting. Forums are all about debating, arguing and sharing opinions. If you can't handle different opinions that oppose your own, then just tab out. No need to be hostile...

My take on https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=6546/rend is that it does low damage without the talents - and it does low damage with the talents - https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=12659/improved-rend. So it is not worth building imo.

It is however not wrong to build it as all the talents for warriors suck at this level. There are no significally good talents.

Best one is probably this ↓↓

doesn't mean other builds are wrong as they all are bad

My take on https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=6546/rend is that it does low damage without the talents - and it does low damage with the https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=12659/improved-rend. So it is not worth building imo.

It is however not wrong to build it as all the talents for warriors suck at this level. There are no significally good talents.

Thats a pretty fair assessment. 2 in Imp Charge and 2 in TM are the only talents that felt necessary or meaningful.

couldnt imagine not running 4/5 tac for insta disarm
Fair point. I started with 4 pts in TM on my first 19 warrior for that very reason. Then I kinda felt like it wasnt worth it to me to spec towards something on a 1 min cool down. The other warrior in my guild s swore by 2 points in Imp charge. Once I did that 3 points in TM seemed awkward since almost everything for warriors is 10 or less and keeping 15 rage to not be able to instant disarm felt like a waste. Bloodrage on the same 1 min timer lengeth made the switch easier than I expected and the results seemed to indicate it was the right move for me and the guild I was with at the time.

Of course it could have been that we were all improving together and none if it really mattered. Lol

Never really had a problem with it. Since my job as a warrior is to harass my opponents I want to make sure I'm dumping my rage into something that isnt going to leave me rage starved while trying to get weapon procs. My servers were more rogue heavy and premades I ran in had a fairly diverse and balanced group.

I was responsible for keeping an eye on the 4-6 opposing rogues in any given BG
These are reasons FOR parry over rend, not against. 3/3 imp rend is like what...4 extra damage over the duration of the entire bleed?
Now add in the fact you said you spam it for procs, instead of hamstring for some reason. Every time you refresh it, it's less than 4 extra damage.
Now add in the fact you claim to face "4-6 rogues", that all use melee and where 3% damage reduction is far more meaningful than lets say, 8 extra damage over a 24 second fight.
Now add in the 3% of times where you parry a crucial gouge or wing clip and manage to connect on a target you need to, or get out of a bad situation.

Rend isn't "harassing" anyone - it's tickling them. Hamstring is harassing.

These are reasons FOR parry over rend.........

All great points and thank you for discussing what I have actually written.

I wouldnt argue that having more parry isnt great. If all the encounters were the same and each opponent was predictibale then maybe I would have re-speced, or if my team felt it was worth it after we discussed it then I would have changed.

And again im not making the case that the build I had was better than everything else, just helpful for what I did. Many games it was tagging multiple people with hamstring and rend, reapply as needed to free up certain people so its not always a prolonged engagement with one person. So placing additional damge on multiple people that I wasnt actively engaged with just adds to the collective damage that our team would do on targets that were not necessarily the focus or most important threat. If the rogues are waiting for all the dots and bleeds to gall of so they can restealth or if the collective damage is enough that thebperson takes a little more time to bandage be fore re-engaging then it gives us the extra time of having an advantage somewhere else on the bg.

Once I draw focus and start taking multiple targets then its a matter of my healers keeping me up because no amount of parry would save me.

If I was only doing pugs then I would likely get the extra parry.

If our flag carriers wasnt available, then i'd play my level 10 with def gear, at least until it was changed.

Sometimes i

I like the extra parry. ;3 Potentially means more of that sweet sweet rage I was trying to find in spec to begin with.. and it makes me even more tanky then I was before. Leaving more time for my to spamstring.. which is the only thing helping my team really.. and also comes with the bonus of making people so salty.. they focus me out right the start of the next game or any game there after.

Won us a game last night where FC was at half hp and just out of range.. I rezzed at GY and charged into battle spamstringing all 4 of the enemy team.. EFC drops flag.. and suddenly our FC was free to cap.. while the mob was busy trying to kill me.. Spamstring griefing is legit.

Good Info and opinions dudes. Learned much I have.

All great points and thank you for discussing what I have actually written.

I wouldnt argue that having more parry isnt great. If all the encounters were the same and each opponent was predictibale then maybe I would have re-speced, or if my team felt it was worth it after we discussed it then I would have changed.

And again im not making the case that the build I had was better than everything else, just helpful for what I did. Many games it was tagging multiple people with hamstring and rend, reapply as needed to free up certain people so its not always a prolonged engagement with one person. So placing additional damge on multiple people that I wasnt actively engaged with just adds to the collective damage that our team would do on targets that were not necessarily the focus or most important threat. If the rogues are waiting for all the dots and bleeds to gall of so they can restealth or if the collective damage is enough that thebperson takes a little more time to bandage be fore re-engaging then it gives us the extra time of having an advantage somewhere else on the bg.

Once I draw focus and start taking multiple targets then its a matter of my healers keeping me up because no amount of parry would save me.

If I was only doing pugs then I would likely get the extra parry.

If our flag carriers wasnt available, then i'd play my level 10 with def gear, at least until it was changed.

Idk man ur either a troll or ur mental gymnastics deserve olympic gold.

Idk man ur either a troll or ur mental gymnastics deserve olympic gold.

Or its neither and its ok for people to play what they like. At no point did I claim my build was the best or superior to any other build. I stated what I played with and it workes fine based on what my role was and the team I ran with.

I would have figured that forum discussion would habe evloved to the point where people can actually discuss things instead of tossing around insults and trying to force arguments where there arent any. Guess not

Or its neither and its ok for people to play what they like. At no point did I claim my build was the best or superior to any other build. I stated what I played with and it workes fine based on what my role was and the team I ran with.

I would have figured that forum discussion would habe evloved to the point where people can actually discuss things instead of tossing around insults and trying to force arguments where there arent any. Guess not
the thread is called bis warrior spec not feelgood hipster warrior spec. maybe take the hint and dont play victim when people tell you that your spec is bad

the thread is called bis warrior spec not feelgood hipster warrior spec. maybe take the hint and dont play victim when people tell you that your spec is bad

Agreed.. Plz keep things civil dudes. I am very happy with the disarm spec.

This thread has been a success outside of the ego "lightsaber" fights.

Ty to everyone who provided imput!

Users who are viewing this thread