Best class/spec/gear for boosting people 10-60?

guardian druid too.

edit- tho I think my resto shaman is faster at 15 than Gdruid.... except maybe like pulling everything on the druid.

(and resto sham needs to be at least 11 to even feel "resto")

Best gear is mostly Wod Warforged gear with some expectations based on class/spec. Such as Balefire branch from BFA or Blade of Eternal darkness from Mara.

WILL INCLUDE
MONK SHORTLY!

Disclaimer: IMHO a grandfathered 10-11 arcane mage with enchanted warforged gear from pre SL prepatch is SS Tier.

S Tier: 11 Guardian Druid & 10-13 Arcane Mage
A Tier: 11 Caster Shammy, 10 Holy Priest, 10-16 Surv Hunter, 10-12 Monk ALL SPECS
B Tier: 14-16 DH, 10-14 Prot Warrior
C Tier: 10-16 Prot Paladin
D Tier: Everything else (Do only for the memes.)

S Tier ranking logic:

S+: 11 Guardian Druid: (10.05) Moonfire coming back into bear forms rotation will allow bear to mark all targets for death before they engage in melee combat. Once upon melee range a Thrash and Swipe deal with whats left. Should anything remain a Maul or Mangle will easily deal with single target. Swipe can be held to repeat cast. Swipe receives a 50% dmg buff come 10.05. Regrowth will cap heal any player. You have access to all 3 roles in the queue. You have a dash and cat/travel form. If you choose Worgen you will get a 2nd dash. Haste is useless avoid it. Everything else is good! **NO REZ** Has mark of the wild.

S: 10-13 Arcane Mage: Spam arcane explosion on trash and Arcane blast on single targets. At 11 you get a spender for your arcane orbs. at 13 you get Arcane missiles. You have a personal shield to help take dmg at 10 roughly 20% of hp. Blink makes for faster mobility. You only have dps queue role. High mastery is needed to manage the mana used or just drink alot. Has slow fall so can skip some dungeons sections.
I'd just stack intellect and vers/mastery **NO REZ** Has Arcane intellect

A Tier ranking logic:

A+: 10/11 Caster Shammy:
Really great damage but requires stopping to cast. Crits can 1 shot packs (3 mobs) Ghost wolf can help with getting you to near 200% move speed with enough speed stat. (Crit/haste is a must for mobility). Elemental is viable as well but can't deal with healing if out of mana after a few healing casts. Needs more than 100% mastery for chain lightning to be good on 2-3 target mob packs. 4-5 = Emperor Palpatine's Unlimited Power. A high Mastery Elemental shammy is fun but not as easy to play as resto as resto does more base dmg. (chain mastery chance is divded by the amount of targets up to 5) One clear benefit to Elemental over Resto is Frost shock as it is a instant cast damage spell with no CD. Elemental is much better for questing due to Frost shock) **HAS REZ**Has no Team buff)

A+/-:10-12 Monk: Monk is the only class in which all 3 spec are viable for power leveling. Each with unique pros and cons.
10 Brewmaster: Has the best agro and Touch of Death damage. No real downside other than not really standing out. compared to protection tanks Brew is good damage.

10 Mistweaver: best aoe with lifesteal enchant however lifesteal cant be placed on bis weapons. Weakish Single target though Rising Sun kick is a heavy hitter.
12 WindWalker: Fist of fury damage is the mob packs hp! with roughly a 20 second cd (affected by haste) you can easily make work of each mob pack and most of the bosses hp.

A: 10 Holy Priest:
Holy Nova is op and will heal most players in a couple uses as well as deal more damage than most tanks can agro. Shadow Word Pain is a great instant dmg dot that will kill most mobs as you continue you tab and walk past them spamming Holy Nova. Shield will save anyone from death. Renew is instant heal. Auto walk and spam holy nova after a volley of Shadow word pain. Spam Mind blast and Smite on bosses. - Not the best single target but has great recoverability and multi use aoe. **HAS REZ**Has Fortitude

A-: 10-16 Surv Hunter: Raptor strike really OP and you have a pet. Can't die due to personal tank and healing/leech. Also can trade leech for speed. Heavily single target spec which can be annoying with alot of big pulls. I recommend choosing Wildfire Bomb to help with aoe. **NO REZ** Has no team buff

B Tier Ranking Logic:

B: 14-16 DH: Very niche in that it requires good positioning and fast tabbing to deal with targets. Fun with high mastery with speed added to mastery talent chosen. While vengence is better at surviving havoc is better at damage. Both can go ZOOM ZOOM! ** NO REZ**Has no team buff

B-: 10-16 Prot Warrior:
This spec is actually very fun but lacks the damage to be placed higher. The dot you put on enemies would be nice if Elemental Force was Still viable as you could just dot and keep walking whilst retaining agro. Single target isnt the best. Shame that you can't proc revenge off every dodge, parry, block as this would make it probably A+. Since all of crit turns into parry a pure crit build would be very cool if revenge didn't have an ICD. B- because of the potential this rotation wont reach. **NO REZ**Gives attack power buff

C Tier Ranking Logic:

C-: 10-16
Prot Paladin: This is like Prot Warrior but worse in almost every way. If you want to build this you are reaching into meme territory. **HAS REZ @ 12**Gives damage taken reduction

D Tier Ranking Logic:

Everything else sucks.

Thinking about your class role in the queue is also important for starting out the queues. Assuming everyone in the formed random wants to reque it wont matter though.
Really nice breakdowns here. Appriciate the time you took.

Is paladin really that bad? I really enjoy my Prot paladin so far. Judgement really hits very hard.
Can you tell me how hard other classes crits or do dmg overall? Almost 200 dps on my solo grind on Crushto
189 dps on Roltall

Edit: Managed to solo Bloodmaul Slag Mines in 6:42min
Pala lvl 10.png

Last edited:
I placed Prot Paladin in low B tier because of its cooldowns on every move. I will update both Prots shortly with a more generous breakdown of their capabilities. Judgement is the only good ability Prot has. Consecration is good damage over time but time isn't something any fight should have much of to be considered a Fast power level.

Edit: I moved paladin up 1 tier

Last edited:
Best gear is mostly Wod Warforged gear with some exceptions based on class/spec. Such as Balefire branch from Waycrest Manor or Blade of Eternal Darkness from Maraudon.
what is warforged gear? https://www.wowhead.com/guide/titanforged-in-raids-and-endgame-reward-system-6089 this info is and isn't out of date but it gets the point across.

Dude, your whole post is pretty solid!
While I agree with most statement, there is some I would like to add:
For Mistweaver, as Rising Sun Kick sounds fun to have, Tiger's Lust is actually better, your spin deal enough damage to not worry about the kick. Tiger's Lust is a must for when you get slow/root/snare, or helping other twink teammate to be faster in some situation. You can spam healing all day, it's very hard to be OoM at this level.
When I play with other twinks, we have enough damage that I'm mostly here to make sure everyone doesn't died, clean up the trash that are behind, execute first and last boss, removing slow from teammates, while being in the top 2-3 DPS.
With the very good DPS from Spinning Crane Kick, the boost via Tiger's Lust, the AoE Stun, the FAT healing with Vivify and your Mastery (and even with Soothing Mist), the execute with Touch of Death and your good mobility, it's actually the best support class. I would put it in S- tier in my opinion.

And just for your personal information, Demon Hunter can be level 13 with enough optimization. I almost finish gearing up mine when DF came out, so I have to start all over again. I'll give more info when I'll start gearing her to see if it's still good at this level or nah.

if you want to discuss more, let me know, I would be happy!

Twink all day!
pokspell

Dude, your whole post is pretty solid!
While I agree with most statement, there is some I would like to add:
For Mistweaver, as Rising Sun Kick sounds fun to have, Tiger's Lust is actually better, your spin deal enough damage to not worry about the kick. Tiger's Lust is a must for when you get slow/root/snare, or helping other twink teammate to be faster in some situation. You can spam healing all day, it's very hard to be OoM at this level.
When I play with other twinks, we have enough damage that I'm mostly here to make sure everyone doesn't died, clean up the trash that are behind, execute first and last boss, removing slow from teammates, while being in the top 2-3 DPS.
With the very good DPS from Spinning Crane Kick, the boost via Tiger's Lust, the AoE Stun, the FAT healing with Vivify and your Mastery (and even with Soothing Mist), the execute with Touch of Death and your good mobility, it's actually the best support class. I would put it in S- tier in my opinion.

And just for your personal information, Demon Hunter can be level 13 with enough optimization. I almost finish gearing up mine when DF came out, so I have to start all over again. I'll give more info when I'll start gearing her to see if it's still good at this level or nah.

if you want to discuss more, let me know, I would be happy!

Twink all day!
pokspell

I will be adjusting the tiers over the next week or so and include videos for all specs. You're probably right about S- for MW.
What talents are you choosing for 13 DH?

For Vengeance, I went with Blazing Path and 1 points in Shattered Restoration in the general tree, and Fel Devastation and Fiere Brand in the Spec tree.
For Havoc, I went with Blazing Path and 1 points in Unrestrained Fury in the general tree, and Eye Beam and Imporved Chaos Strike in the Spec tree.
I dunno if they will be optimal when I'll start the gearing process. The fact that we can't have pursuit in any spec will make the spec slow for sure, compare to 14+

4-5 minutes clear time for S tier
5-6 minutes clear time for A tier
6-8 minutes clear time for B Tier
8-10+ minutes clear time for C+ Tier

(SS TIER = BIS S TIER)

S Tier: 10/11 Guardian Druid, 10-13 Arcane Mage, 10/11 Restoration Shaman
A Tier: 10/11 Elemental Shaman, 10 Holy Priest, 11-16 Surv Hunter, 10-12 Monk
B Tier: 14-16 DH, 10-14 Prot Warrior
C Tier: 10-16 Prot Paladin

D Tier: Everything else (Do only for the memes.)

very solid write up, almost guide worthy.

I wonder how 20s would compare against 10-13s?
mostly for the convenience of being able to group up with the people getting carried, rather than having to synch que into them through LFG.

I get that the clearing speed will be slower regardless of whatever class/spec you pick at 20, due to how busted the scaling is at the lower levels. but if some 20s are able to clear the same dungeons with just 2-3 minutes added, surely it would be worth while?

I'm surprised how you've managed to gather this much data for 10-13s alone already, I'd presume some of the class/specs might not have been fully decked in WoD WF gear? cause gearing even a single 20 with a complete set optimised with secondaries for PvE is a lot of work.

it would be cool to see if there are other 20s messing around with PvE carries how long a 'Underbog' run would take them in LFG. To see how they compare against 10-13s, because trying to provide the same amount of data alone for 20s that @Emelia has done for 10-13s would be insane..

Im away for the holidays, but ill try get a timer in from a 20 prot/ret when i get back home.

very solid write up, almost guide worthy.

I wonder how 20s would compare against 10-13s?
mostly for the convenience of being able to group up with the people getting carried, rather than having to synch que into them through LFG.

I get that the clearing speed will be slower regardless of whatever class/spec you pick at 20, due to how busted the scaling is at the lower levels. but if some 20s are able to clear the same dungeons with just 2-3 minutes added, surely it would be worth while?

I'm surprised how you've managed to gather this much data for 10-13s alone already, I'd presume some of the class/specs might not have been fully decked in WoD WF gear? cause gearing even a single 20 with a complete set optimised with secondaries for PvE is a lot of work.

it would be cool to see if there are other 20s messing around with PvE carries how long a 'Underbog' run would take them in LFG. To see how they compare against 10-13s, because trying to provide the same amount of data alone for 20s that @Emelia has done for 10-13s would be insane..

Im away for the holidays, but ill try get a timer in from a 20 prot/ret when i get back home.

I am not alone in my data collection. I have dozens twink homies that feed me information. As such the tier list is going to be adjusted as the year/patches goes on. It doesn't take a 10-16 much time to gear compared to a 20 since it's far easier to solo the lower level you are. doing multi twink runs (walking to dungeon) is also a great way for a group of twinks to gear up fast. With 100% drop chance in solo runs it doesn't take long to gear. Pre DF bis already showed us what the tier list more-or-less was going to be for 10-20 (barring new talents). The extra Item level didn't really move any specs position in the list. I honestly feel im a few weeks late with this info. I'm being rather lazy in my development of this tier list. Wish I had just made it into its thread. OH WELL!

The ease of a F2P to set up a dungeon run is far greater than an xp off player due to the xp nerf debuff. While F2P is more than capable to power level customers it is definitely not going to look good when a lowbie joins your instance and carries you instead.

Kethosinstancetimer is a great addon for timing runs.
[doublepost=1671835730,1671835249][/doublepost]
Sorry for offtopic but did they increase wf proc chance?

Looted 4 epics from the last 4 bosses and currently 7/10 epics from boss kills todayView attachment 22243 View attachment 22244

Would be nice if we did get an increase chance for warforged. Without knowing about any changes I'd assume you just hit the GOOD LUCK PROTECTION. that or you just got lucky. I've gotten a few runs in where every boss was an epic.

You did a very good job, very helpful info, thank you! I love my MW monk very much, and I'm really, really waiting for you to prepare a fix for him and move him to the tier S. By the way, personally, I really don't want to say goodbye to lifestealing, and I'd like to know what is the maximum 2h weapon that can be applied.

Great job @Emelia,

I only have a 10 pal and i thought paladin was better ranked. The videos helped me to see the truth.
I've recorded two of my runs on my pal 10. Feel free to use it if you need it:

You didn't mention the instant healing wich is really great.
Wrath instead of divine stead is a good option to counterbalance the spells cooldown.
Lightforged draenei racial is a must and fit perfectly with the survavibilty on large pulls.

Solo gameplay is just running, aggro, hit your spells during run, pack around a boss, racial + belt spells, clear the pack with judgment and wrath then run to the next boss.

On random donjon, mates don't understand that you doesn't need their help, so you are constantly loosing aggro, because you only have high cooldown spells and you can't hit all the mobs on runing to keep aggro. But It's not a big issue, I usually don't go back and clean up and they catch me when I'm on the next boss.

Last edited:
You did a very good job, very helpful info, thank you! I love my MW monk very much, and I'm really, really waiting for you to prepare a fix for him and move him to the tier S. By the way, personally, I really don't want to say goodbye to lifestealing, and I'd like to know what is the maximum 2h weapon that can be applied.

This thread may help you in finding a weapon that can proc close to ilvl 50 which is the max for lifesteal. I don't know if this will be helpful or not. Best of Luck. If I do hear of an easily obtainable 50ish ilvl weapon I'll put it on the top of the tier list with the other featured items. Lifesteal is a must for MW to shine. Sure hope 10.1 fixes enchant level req.
[doublepost=1672204426,1672203757][/doublepost]
Great job @Emelia,

I only have a 10 pal and i thought paladin was better ranked. The videos helped me to see the truth.
I've recorded two of my runs on my pal 10. Feel free to use it if you need it:

You didn't mention the instant healing wich is really great.
Wrath instead of divine stead is a good option to counterbalance the spells cooldown.
Lightforged draenei racial is a must and fit perfectly with the survavibilty on large pulls.

Solo gameplay is just running, aggro, hit your spells during run, pack around a boss, racial + belt spells, clear the pack with judgment and wrath then run to the next boss.

On random donjon, mates don't understand that you doesn't need their help, so you are constantly loosing aggro, because you only have high cooldown spells and you can't hit all the mobs on runing to keep aggro. But It's not a big issue, I usually don't go back and clean up and they catch me when I'm on the next boss.

Thank you for submitting this run. I will gladly use the shadowmoon run for the Prot paladin section. Could you please supply me with an armory link that I may add beneath the video? I can't seem to find your toons armory.

Would the list look similar for 20s? I'm newish to twinking, and keen on making a twink or two to start with (probably at 20 on vet/f2p) to boost some of my own chars, as I don't really want to deal with queue synching. queue synching is mandatory to party up with an xp off twink, yea?

Would the list look similar for 20s? I'm newish to twinking, and keen on making a twink or two to start with (probably at 20 on vet/f2p) to boost some of my own chars, as I don't really want to deal with queue synching. queue synching is mandatory to party up with an xp off twink, yea?

Given the amount of talents added I couldn't honestly tell you.
but the tier list may give some insight.
Yeah queue syncing is the only way unfortunately besides the f2p 20 route that is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread