At Last, Arathi Basin Victory in 5.05!

Masara

Legend
In a change to the published programming I was in two Alliance-winning Arathi Basins today. To some of you that may not be a big deal, but I'd given up hope of it ever happening again, having lost ten in a row on different days at different times. However, since I'd reached my money limit and was about to turn in a cooking quest that would have seen me lose about 50 silver I thought "What the hell, it can't be any more humiliating than the rest of them", and waited for over an hour for the honour of wasting some Halaani Whiskey and getting thrashed.

Highlight was standing by the Blacksmith flag point and being hit for what felt like about ten minutes by what felt like half the Horde team. Thanks to the healers there that saw the humour in the situation of me just clicking on the flag and distracting a load of inexperienced guys. Seems that Guardian has some virtues after all, especially when you don't have five stacks of debuff and several 24s punching you repeatedly in the head. It was a real pleasure to not see anyone from the Horde with the Bloodthirsty title, too.

The fact that we had two of the higher-level guys had more than a bit to do with the result, sadly, but given that it's usually been the other way around post-patch, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Next game, we gave 11 of them a 5-0 thrashing. Again, not fair, but after how bad things had been, refreshing. Third game the Horde had all the 24s. We lost really badly. Someone amusingly told me to concentrate because I hadn't done enough damage...

Congratulations on your modest accomplishment!

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've been losing AB about the same amount as winning...

Masara mate, u know that now horde will win much more times cuz they have more healers then ally, and im starting to see alot of lvl24 Spriests in Horde, so this cant have a happy ending. lets just hope for nerfs.

Meh. I think it's on both sides the same problem. :L

now you know how us horde felt when alliance had 7 hunters and 3 healers majority of the type #winning

What are hunters compared to Spriest... Spriests do much more dmg then hunters even with 40%base resilience they can do more then cata hunters, and then they have 1.2K bubbles and OP heals.

What are hunters compared to Spriest... Spriests do much more dmg then hunters even with 40%base resilience they can do more then cata hunters, and then they have 1.2K bubbles and OP heals.
He doesn't have any good excuse.

Even if it's like hunters in cata, weren't you people complaining about hunters in cata? so why the fuck aren't you complaining about spriests and acting like it's fair now? didn't you want balanced gameplay? or am I missing something here?

the MoP update has taught me a lot about the mentality of the average bg player, and it isn't very smart.

He doesn't have any good excuse.

Even if it's like hunters in cata, weren't you people complaining about hunters in cata? so why the fuck aren't you complaining about spriests and acting like it's fair now? didn't you want balanced gameplay? or am I missing something here?

the MoP update has taught me a lot about the mentality of the average bg player, and it isn't very smart.

Shadow Priests are less of a problem than Hunters were because you don't see an overwhelming number of them. They're only strong at 24. I've seen 3 on a team maybe two or three times, and there's probably an average of one per game (both teams included). Hunters were an out of control problem because they were OP at 20 and 24, that's why you'd get games with 6-7 of them on a team and rarely have less than 5 in a BG.

On topic: AB is much more even now imo. From my experience, there are far more close games and imbalanced ones happen in both directions. Your bad run of games has been the constant state of Horde-side AB in this bracket for a very long time (in US at least).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow Priests are less of a problem than Hunters were because you don't see an overwhelming number of them. They're only strong at 24. I've seen 3 on a team maybe two or three times, and there's probably an average of one per game (both teams included). Hunters were an out of control problem because they were OP at 20 and 24, that's why you'd get games with 6-7 of them on a team and rarely have less than 5 in a BG.
I see what you're saying and I agree but you also have to see where garret is coming from (just from the middle part of his quote).. Spriests currently mine as well take up 3 spots as they ALWAYS do 2 times as much dmg as the next highest.. Just ask SallyG how many times in that AB it took 4+ people to kill her

AB is more fun now and I'm seeing around 40-60% win ratios in both AB and WSG so one thing MoP has done right imo.. Made F2P win rates alot more balance

Masara mate, u know that now horde will win much more times cuz they have more healers then ally, and im starting to see alot of lvl24 Spriests in Horde, so this cant have a happy ending. lets just hope for nerfs.
Statistically if you que as a dps then your side will have less healers then the other team, even if the % of healers of each faction is equal.
TL;DR If you don't que as a healer don't complain about having less healers

Users who are viewing this thread