assasination rogue?

I think it might be interesting to screw around with, but I don't know of any gear set ups or specs

i am sub. but since every1 iz either sub or combat i would think an assasination rogue would b interestin

The only reason anyone would want to go assasination is for a high overall damage in which case you may aswell go combat because combat has the highest damage outcome.

Subtely > Combat > Assasi but combat is much more fun though you do lose a lot of utility and your ambush rng which is quite a big loss though if you're queueing with a healer or ranged if you stay by them combat is probaly the best for the highest damage.

Combat > Subtely vs melee and healing classes.

Subtely > Combat vs ranged classes.

Assasination isn't really worth bothering with tbh.

I used to be assassination for a very long time, but sub is more fun. the only thing you go for is a lot of crit, hit chance and expertise gear, because when you miss or the oppononent parry's your mutilate, you dont get the combo points. Again same for when you go for the eviscirate talents with more damage, it is a waiste. the poison buff you get from talents is not interessting enough because it is better for when you use deadly poisons because the damage of instant-poisons that says that has a 100 % of applying, can be outhealed.

The only true reason why i would go back to assassination is when i am in a pug and my role is not clear, or when i go to dungeon's with the use of the dungeon finder tools

gear: >

Headslot: Stainted Shadowcraft Cap: Hit rating by 4

Neckpiece: doesnt matter, use the +3 bronze one, but I prefer the medallion from pvp rewards

Shoulders: Get the Stained Shadowcraft one because it has +4 hit rating

Backcloak: Im using the Spidersilk Drape one because it has +4 hit rating, i am trying to replace the current crappy enchant of +3 agility with the stealth one but the economy on my realm is bad.

Chestpiece: Armor of the Fang. I am sure there are other better chest pieces but dont look at the base stats, you pick these because of the extra stats that gives you an expertise rating bonus of 4 when you have 3 pieces of the set.

Bracers: I am using Forest LEather Bracers, i have no idea why i am using these but go Black Wolf Braces from Shadow Fang Keep, because of the Critical strike rating of 3

Handgloves: I use the Nimble Leather Gloves, because it gives you an expertise rating for 4 when equiped

Belt: Use the Deviate Scale Belt because of the hit rating increase by 3 when equiped

Legpiece: Use the Legging of the Fang one, not because of the base stats but because of the set bonus

Footwork: Footpads of the Fang, the last part of the set for now so you have a 3 set completion to get the expertise bonus

Rings #1: preferably go for the caster ring from Van Cleef's Deadmines that gives you a hit bonus. I do not remember if the hit rating counts for spells on that ring because i never won it versus healers while in dugeons. I think they are unique-equiped, but because i do not remember the exact name of that ring, you just have to find it in Van Cleef's Dead mines and see for yourself. It can be found and looted from the Scarecrow robot boss that does the Harvest attack and Overdrive. That is all i can tell

Rings #2: I am now using Simple Pearl Ring with an increase of hit rating with 4. Do not bother getting two of them; they are unique-equiped

Trinkets: Just pick one you like 2x Arena Grand Master's or 2x Swift Hand of Justice because i dont know any trinkets that gives you hit or expertise at this level.

*Note, thanks to Eilyse, use the 2x Arena Grand Master if you prefer using Minor Speed enchants on Feetwork

Weapons: >

Go for daggers, that is obvious. Get 2x Balanced Heartseeker, Hit rating is important.

For the ranged one go for the Charmed Ancient Bone Bow for the Hit rating.

Enchants: 2x Agility, Crusader or Lifestealing or Fiery on your daggers, heck, doesn't matter at all, i prefer the Crusader because they used to proc double so i used to get twice the Crusader buff when they both procced, so you get an double instant heal for free and a temporarly +200 attackpower buff. I think it is nerfed now but who knows. Scope on bow ect, instead of +4 stats on chest use the +100 hp one, +15 agi on gloves or if you can find a stamina one, use that one, +9 stamina on bracers and on feet +7 stamina ect ect, you know the drill.

Talent spec's:>

i forgot to mention these so pick one of the variations depending on how you play

DMG - Coup de Grace 3/3 and Lethaly 3/3 for damage

CC - Deadly Momentum 2/2, Lethaly 3/3 and BlackJack 1/2 the common spec I use in pvp, the blackjack gives your target a debuff of damage reduction for 8 seconds,

There are some other spec's too that i tried out but i find them more situational because deadly momentum always procced on times when i didn't needed it and when i really wanted it to proc someone else took the kill of my opponent causing it not to proc at all.

Deadly Momentum 2/2, Lethaly 3/3 and Puncturing wounds 1/3

Deadly momentum 2/2, Coup de Grace and Ruthelness 1/3

I guess there are some other variations too but i haven't really fully tried them out, perhaps you'd be the first to dig the full potentional of it in the 19 bracket.

So:>

Tactics is simple, as long you stick with an healer you should be fine. The gearlist i just wrote down will absolutely downgrade your health and some of your attackpower, but what you get in return is that you have a decent hit chance, crit chance and expertise rating wich you really need playing as an assassination rogue

i will absolutely stick with assasination when i manage to get the ring from Van Cleef and my second Arena Grand Master, it is fun, but i'll be missing some other nice stuff like Shadow Step and extra agility or when combat specced, the silent talent in that talenttree when you use the kick ability. Who know's who knows.....

Well.. have fun and cheers.

Wouldn't minor speed be better for boots rather than 7 stam?

Yeah preferably, but the gear in this list will absolutly downgrade your healthpool, if you prefer using the minor speed enchant for feet, you should use it, but how i see it you will need every stamina or hp stats needed. Assuming you be running with a paladin and a hunter or a mage with crowdcontrol, you wont be needing to run after the opponent trying to keep up with him or her

Yea I edited my post to say stam
<

I used to be assassination for a very long time, but sub is more fun. the only thing you go for is a lot of crit, hit chance and expertise gear, because when you miss or the oppononent parry's your mutilate, you dont get the combo points. Again same for when you go for the eviscirate talents with more damage, it is a waiste. the poison buff you get from talents is not interessting enough because it is better for when you use deadly poisons because the damage of instant-poisons that says that has a 100 % of applying, can be outhealed.

The only true reason why i would go back to assassination is when i am in a pug and my role is not clear, or when i go to dungeon's with the use of the dungeon finder tools

gear: &amp;gt;

Neckpiece: doesnt matter, use the +3 bronze one, but I prefer the medallion from pvp rewards

Backcloak: Im using the Spidersilk Drape one because it has +4 hit rating, i am trying to replace the current crappy enchant of +3 agility with the stealth one but the economy on my realm is bad.

Chestpiece: Armor of the Fang. I am sure there are other better chest pieces but dont look at the base stats, you pick these because of the extra stats that gives you an expertise rating bonus of 4 when you have 3 pieces of the set.

Bracers: I am using Forest LEather Bracers, i have no idea why i am using these but go Black Wolf Braces from Shadow Fang Keep, because of the Critical strike rating of 3

Handgloves: I use the Nimble Leather Gloves, because it gives you an expertise rating for 4 when equiped

Belt: Use the Deviate Scale Belt because of the hit rating increase by 3 when equiped

Legpiece: Use the Legging of the Fang one, not because of the base stats but because of the set bonus

Footwork: Footpads of the Fang, the last part of the set for now so you have a 3 set completion to get the expertise bonus

Rings #1: preferably go for the caster ring from Van Cleef's Deadmines that gives you a hit bonus. I do not remember if the hit rating counts for spells on that ring because i never won it versus healers while in dugeons. I think they are unique-equiped, but because i do not remember the exact name of that ring, you just have to find it in Van Cleef's Dead mines and see for yourself. It can be found and looted from the Scarecrow robot boss that does the Harvest attack and Overdrive. That is all i can tell

Rings #2: I am now using Simple Pearl Ring with an increase of hit rating with 4. Do not bother getting two of them; they are unique-equiped

Trinkets: Just pick one you like 2x Arena Grand Master's or 2x Swift Hand of Justice because i dont know any trinkets that gives you hit or expertise at this level.

*Note, thanks to Eilyse, use the 2x Arena Grand Master if you prefer using Minor Speed enchants on Feetwork

Weapons: &amp;gt;

Go for daggers, that is obvious. Get 2x Balanced Heartseeker, Hit rating is important.

Enchants: 2x Agility, Crusader or Lifestealing or Fiery on your daggers, heck, doesn't matter at all, i prefer the Crusader because they used to proc double so i used to get twice the Crusader buff when they both procced, so you get an double instant heal for free and a temporarly +200 attackpower buff. I think it is nerfed now but who knows. Scope on bow ect, instead of +4 stats on chest use the +100 hp one, +15 agi on gloves or if you can find a stamina one, use that one, +9 stamina on bracers and on feet +7 stamina ect ect, you know the drill.

Talent spec's:&gt;

i forgot to mention these so pick one of the variations depending on how you play

CC - Deadly Momentum 2/2, Lethaly 3/3 and BlackJack 1/2 the common spec I use in pvp, the blackjack gives your target a debuff of damage reduction for 8 seconds,

There are some other spec's too that i tried out but i find them more situational because deadly momentum always procced on times when i didn't needed it and when i really wanted it to proc someone else took the kill of my opponent causing it not to proc at all.

I guess there are some other variations too but i haven't really fully tried them out, perhaps you'd be the first to dig the full potentional of it in the 19 bracket.

So:&amp;gt;

Tactics is simple, as long you stick with an healer you should be fine. The gearlist i just wrote down will absolutely downgrade your health and some of your attackpower, but what you get in return is that you have a decent hit chance, crit chance and expertise rating wich you really need playing as an assassination rogue

i will absolutely stick with assasination when i manage to get the ring from Van Cleef and my second Arena Grand Master, it is fun, but i'll be missing some other nice stuff like Shadow Step and extra agility or when combat specced, the silent talent in that talenttree when you use the kick ability. Who know's who knows.....

Well.. have fun and cheers.

^ idiote

It would be great to try some day, but without shadowstep it would make it a lot harder unless that extra damage from the other specs makes up for it (which I doubt it would),

Hunters - Disengaqe

Mages - Blink

Druid - Rejun, Travel form.

You probably gonna get kited around a lot, but its might be a good idea to try it if you ever get bored or wanna try something new.

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you."

Tony Robbins

gear: &amp;gt;

Weapons: &amp;gt;

Talent spec's:&gt;

So:&amp;gt;

This is all wrong

Users who are viewing this thread