EU+US Artifact traits to be disabled in 8.0

I think what he is saying might be misinterpreted here. Listening to what he said, it sounds like to me that the artifacts get drained as part of the 110 bfa quest lines. Which would make sense, they don't want artifact weapon talents stacking with the bfa talents. It wouldn't make as much sense to remove the talents for legion level questers since legion level items don't have talents. He specifically used the word drain and we already know the weapons are used to treat the wound in silithus. I'm guessing they lose their artifact power as result of that treatment and we just carry the husk after.

At any rate, I'm not sold based on what he said that the artifacts are nerfed at every level.

It would also require quite a bit of alteration in legion loot , follower quesrs, and questlines to disable ap entirely. Since its a central theme of the legion era activity.

I just had a listen myself (link to the video here at the correct spot https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239064071?t=46m19s). I do hope your correct, I hope they dont disable traits on login one day lol

I think what he is saying might be misinterpreted here. Listening to what he said, it sounds like to me that the artifacts get drained as part of the 110 bfa quest lines. Which would make sense, they don't want artifact weapon talents stacking with the bfa talents. It wouldn't make as much sense to remove the talents for legion level questers since legion level items don't have talents. He specifically used the word drain and we already know the weapons are used to treat the wound in silithus. I'm guessing they lose their artifact power as result of that treatment and we just carry the husk after.

At any rate, I'm not sold based on what he said that the artifacts are nerfed at every level.

It would also require quite a bit of alteration in legion loot , follower quesrs, and questlines to disable ap entirely. Since its a central theme of the legion era activity.

Sooth is with your sweet lies.

Lol jk. This would make sense, and as said in your last portion, would be a lot of work to take out entirely

For me spending so much gold and time on a twink that has an impending doom is not worth it, if you find it fun fair enough but its a no from me.
for a 99:
12% over base stats in bg’s and usually around 50% or higher for mastery and crit. zero golds spent and maybe 5 hours of questing once you hit 99. if were talking getting a toon to BiS then you can make an argument for every bracket about time/ money to get there.

but yah 101’s take serious $$.

For me spending so much gold and time on a twink that has an impending doom is not worth it, if you find it fun fair enough but its a no from me.
most 101s made like x5 their money back if not more lmao

most 101s made like x5 their money back if not more lmao

The amount of time to get the initial gold investment, then the amount of time earning more personally is not worth it I play wow for fun not to run people through dungs 24/7...

Guys... Calm down. When BFA hits they aren't automatically disabling all Artifact traits. It's part of the story line to begin BFA content. If you want to do BFA content, then yes, you will get the cutscene where the weapons are disabled. However, if you chose not to do the questline for BFA content (either because you aren't 110 or you didn't buy the expansion), then you wont have your traits removed.

I mean, think about it... Did you really think they would basically destroy an entire expansions content? You can't do legion content without your traits.

Yeah don't start a panic, there's video content of using your Artifact weapon's power to do something with Sargeras's dagger in Silithus. Until you get to that quest in BFA I imagine you'll be able to build up your artifact weapon just like normal as you level through Legion. Otherwise you wouldn't have any power to use when it came to Silithus if you never collected any right?

They won't be greyed out until you drain it.

Was low key going to quit WoW for a while, but now I'm reinstalling lol. The 110-119 bracket about to be cray cray

So wouldn't 100 twinks be incredibly op in bgs, get scaling and keep all those traits and artifact ability compared to 111-11x levelers?

Could also potentially level to 111-119 in bgs and dungs so you never have to get rid of your wep

Could also potentially level to 111-119 in bgs and dungs so you never have to get rid of your wep

I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't gain exp at 110 until you complete the questline to drain the weapon.

My biggest question is whether or not the next twink level is 110, 111, or 119.

I personally want it to be 110, so we don't have depreciation of our Legion legendary effects, trinkets, etc. Plus 111 is just an awkward number. I'd like to continue being able to queue for most legion content well into BFA with my new twink.

The one I plan to twink will be my 110 ret pal.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/youtube

legendaries.JPG

Pretty far along in legendary progression 19/27, as well as pantheon trinket upgrade. Really hope I get the legendary pantheon trinket b4 next xpac if they decide to remove it from tables.

Also I've been doing my mythic 15s each week. Haven't been too lucky on huge titanforges, but seeing the wowhead database for BFA, any mythic 15 TF is currently much better than most legion gear... They might change that, but doesn't hurt to get before mythic 15 gear is GFd.

I personally want it to be 110, so we don't have depreciation of our Legion legendary effects, trinkets, etc. Plus 111 is just an awkward number. I'd like to continue being able to queue for most legion content well into BFA with my new twink.

View attachment 7116

Pretty far along in legendary progression 19/27, as well as pantheon trinket upgrade. Really hope I get the legendary pantheon trinket b4 next xpac if they decide to remove it from tables.

Also I've been doing my mythic 15s each week. Haven't been too lucky on huge titanforges, but seeing the wowhead database for BFA, any mythic 15 TF is currently much better than most legion gear... They might change that, but doesn't hurt to get before mythic 15 gear is GFd.
there may be bonuses to twinking at all 3 if bfa bg’s are segregated like the current 100/101-109’s are. 110’s could have “a league of their own” like 100’s currently do. 111’s could be pve monsters with scaling and expansion gear. im also a firm believer in twinking at the top of every bracket as well so theres that.

View attachment 7116

What will be better in patch. 99s or 101s?

What will be better in patch. 99s or 101s?

Honestly at this point I have no clue. Wowhead BFA database keeps changing up the ilvl that's reading on my 101s and 99s.

Currently it's showing that my 101 with titanforged 101 boes are like ilvl 150-170 ish while it's showing my 99 with ilvl 160 boes (non TF).

At this point, I think this scaling is going to make all kinds of gearing whacky as fuck. Hopefully Blizzard corrects all these inconsistencies (if they care at all). I'm guessing they will at around the time the pre-patch comes out, but hopefully not at the cost of nerfing everything to being nearly insignificant to have....

Users who are viewing this thread