EU+US Artifact traits to be disabled in 8.0

dirtypaws

Grandfathered
Is this new news? Artifact traits to be disabled with the 8.0 release.

Artifact Weapons
  • When 8.0 launches, the traits on artifact weapons will be disabled. The weapon and relics will stay, but not talents.
  • Battle for Azeroth will have traditional weapon drops including war glaives.
Is this the end of 99 twinking, no artifact trait + ilvl squish.

Wondering if all the traits learned will be converted into bonus ilvl or something.. also wondering if they will unlock the 3rd relic slot

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this new news? Artifact traits to be disabled with the 8.0 release.

Artifact Weapons
  • When 8.0 launches, the traits on artifact weapons will be disabled. The weapon and relics will stay, but not talents.
  • Battle for Azeroth will have traditional weapon drops including war glaives.
Is this the end of 99 twinking, no artifact trait + ilvl squish.

Blue post or it didn’t happen.

Well at least in the end it wasn't all for nothing. 20 days Played for 543 Restored Artifacts - MoP arch will be a breeze.

/s

Last edited:
Exactly the reason I did not waste time on 99 or 101 looooooooooool

Why should it be a waste? If someone had fun it is ok...

For me spending so much gold and time on a twink that has an impending doom is not worth it, if you find it fun fair enough but its a no from me.

For me spending so much gold and time on a twink that has an impending doom is not worth it, if you find it fun fair enough but its a no from me.

Same can be said for us who have 19s, 20s, 29s, etc. Considering twink gear has no drastic benefit in bgs

Same can be said for us who have 19s, 20s, 29s, etc. Considering twink gear has no drastic benefit in bgs

Yep thats my opinion aswell. I spent around 15 Million Gold for my Shaman and another ~5 Millions for 6 another 101 Twinks. Sure its sad they wont be as good as now. But I had almost 2 years fun thats for me the most important fact and its only gold.
Playing videogames could be called as waste in general. So for me thats not an argument

I think what he is saying might be misinterpreted here. Listening to what he said, it sounds like to me that the artifacts get drained as part of the 110 bfa quest lines. Which would make sense, they don't want artifact weapon talents stacking with the bfa talents. It wouldn't make as much sense to remove the talents for legion level questers since legion level items don't have talents. He specifically used the word drain and we already know the weapons are used to treat the wound in silithus. I'm guessing they lose their artifact power as result of that treatment and we just carry the husk after.

At any rate, I'm not sold based on what he said that the artifacts are nerfed at every level.

It would also require quite a bit of alteration in legion loot , follower quesrs, and questlines to disable ap entirely. Since its a central theme of the legion era activity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread