arms wariors strength vs crit?

I have 2 warriors, one is full strength and the other is full crit.

my crit warrior tops the damage charts and just wrecks shit, however my strength warrior provides those heavy hitting mortal strikes that cleave circle jerking healers.

Both are personal preferences but TBH the average run of the mill is the best in my honest opinion. Also, strength stacking>Crit stacking, but strength stacking is so hard since you'll have to grind for those green BoEs that have +14 attack power and shit (That scale to 18 in BGs.)

Crit stacking can be fun but it relies too heavily on the RNG and your non-crits will hit like a wet noodle.

Strength stacking will leave you as a glass cannon who hits 1000s regularly.

Normal gear will leave you with decent crit chance, roughly 2100 health in BGs, hitting 200s-500s noncrit and 700-1200 when you crit.

Overall, I'd say normal gear arms warrior is the best. You hit hard enough to top damage when trying, take out EFCs if you play well, have enough health to live a lot of the time whilst still having a lot of burst, and you also make a good spare FC if nobody on your team will FC.

Bellybutton @ Blackwing Lair - Community - World of Warcraft Although you're alliance this gearset can easily be copied with different gear on the Alli side. You're more useful to the team if you can stay alive and deal good crit and good non-crits at the same time.

However! Gear and play however you want, really. Don't be forced to play or gear in a way you dislike.

All I can say warrior is a shit load of fun now. Has been for a while and most players still underestimate warriors.

Before MOP warriors stood no chance against priests and other classes but now any class is game for a warrior. Arms ftw.

currently in my crit set i have 118 strength scaled and buffed and in my strength set i have 146 strength scaled and buffed
What is your corresponding crit % in battlegrounds? I think it's worthwhile to compare the crit difference and not just the str difference.

but now any class is game for a warrior. Arms ftw.

Say that to a nelf rogue and he's going to laugh at you while vanishing from your sight.

This

If you want more crit you swap out bravo for dpr, stone guard for aku'mai and savage trodders for gorewalker treads. This allows you to take a bracer without hit so go with collarspike or black wolf for crit. You can also swap out skull crusher for stendels for more crit.

This is all with spell hit cap

Even with a crit set it is hard to keep enrage up as it procs on a 20% chance every 6 secs (and it only lasts 6 secs), assuming youre on a target. Also with a more strength based set you will be doing 10% more physical damage all the time. Try them both out; but for a decent crit set you really need dpr

Also bear in mind crit scales down and damage scales up in bgs

Last edited by a moderator:
For me personally, I have trouble staying alive not killing people, so losing stamina is just not worth it to me.

My gear is balanced, decent crit, str, and stamina. I would prefer more stamina then a little crit on my warrior anyday but that's my opinion, you should see what you like. Maybe you like more squish and a little more crit, who knows! :)

Going on the lines of ideal gear, I know there's gear differences between Alliance and Horde so I would like to ask not only is which faction better considering their faction gear options, but also which race is the ideal for warrior.

And of course, which race is the most ideal after taking into consideration the racials + faction gear.

Going on the lines of ideal gear, I know there's gear differences between Alliance and Horde so I would like to ask not only is which faction better considering their faction gear options, but also which race is the ideal for warrior.

And of course, which race is the most ideal after taking into consideration the racials + faction gear.

Alliance: Human > Dwarf
Horde: Belf > Orc > Tauren

All this races seem to be good warrior to me.

Users who are viewing this thread