Armory Poll

What do you want to see on the armory thread?

• Everyone (with markers for GF)

• No GF Gear

• Screenshots with good builds (with the help of those amazing min-maxers that might have GF gear)

• A separate GF'd Hall of Fame Armory (non-mod managed)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda answered it for you yesterday. The votes and the community don't lie. Not the "few".

I hope you and the staff continue the same type of list we've always had. It's great for new players as well, as they can look at multiple opportunities.

Just a fyi, the new players also reach out to us with questions, gearing options, enchants, dungeons they'll need ect..ect.

Most of the new players here make up probably 2/10ths of what actually happens in game.

Last edited:
As a side note, I'm seeing a couple of people throw around the idea of "just put up more guides". Dismissing for a moment the degree to which those guides actually get used, it takes a ton of time and effort to make a guide. My resto shaman guide clocked in at easily over 50 hours, and that's from someone who brings extended experience with shamans and with writing guides. To be sure, I loved writing that guide, but how big of a coinciding space do you think we'll find in the Venn diagram of twinks and writers? There aren't enough nutcases to go around filling that need.

I totally agree with what you just wrote, when I said we need more guides, what I had in mind was a quick start guide with stats priority for the different and most common specs of each class, maybe a short introduction with the strengths and weaknesses, the role it has in a battlefield and the basic gear easily obtainable thanks to the excellent work done by Ivo with the TwinkDB and the recommended enchants.
The comparison of the various characters of the Armory at this point is useful for the next step, trying to understand in which direction to go to improve your twink thanks to the intuitions and setups of others.
Mine is just a suggestion, I'm sorry if I was unclear earlier but I'm an old boomer who writes with google translate (as you may have guessed)
I didn't want to complain but just offer ideas for improvement.

What on earth is the point when the "GFd gear" literally represents <15 secondaries worth of value in most cases?

Edit: What is the point of purging half of the armory thread when the gear isn't even impactful? just throw a damn tag on it ffs

Last edited:
it sounds like you’re not proud of twinking, rather you’re proud of yourself. Which is great, everyone should have some pride. But I think that might be where the disconnect is.
I guess where the disconnect may be is I don't really understand bragging and showing off.

I'm proud of everything this community does and accomplishes and I try to make it a point to let people know (usually privately) how much I appreciate when they do cool shit. Both in game and out.

Like I said, while people really like that thread, I don't get it. That's on me. People draw a sense of community and belonging from it that I didn't (don't) see. But I'm glad they do and if that's the case, then good! Inclusion it is!

I'm not terribly interested in digging too much deeper into this, I think you and I have an understanding (if maybe a few disagreements around the edges) and I appreciate you being a cool head and helping me understand what I was missing.

But it's Christmas week, I'm drinking and watching movies with my family and I think we've wrung this a bit dry for the moment! Also my phones on 2% and my beers empty.

If you'd like to talk a bit more in the future on where I see the community and this sites role in it (an interesting topic!) my DMs are always open. But I'll be slow to respond for a while.

I guess where the disconnect may be is I don't really understand bragging and showing off.

I'm proud of everything this community does and accomplishes and I try to make it a point to let people know (usually privately) how much I appreciate when they do cool shit. Both in game and out.

Like I said, while people really like that thread, I don't get it. That's on me. People draw a sense of community and belonging from it that I didn't (don't) see. But I'm glad they do and if that's the case, then good! Inclusion it is!

I'm not terribly interested in digging too much deeper into this, I think you and I have an understanding (if maybe a few disagreements around the edges) and I appreciate you being a cool head and helping me understand what I was missing.

But it's Christmas week, I'm drinking and watching movies with my family and I think we've wrung this a bit dry for the moment! Also my phones on 2% and my beers empty.

If you'd like to talk a bit more in the future on where I see the community and this sites role in it (an interesting topic!) my DMs are always open. But I'll be slow to respond for a while.

Open discussion is always welcome. I agree that we probably should just agree to disagree about several points, as it seems we just have different mindsets. Thank you for appreciating an opposing view rather than denying it, I truly respect your maturity.

Though you are busy, I am still very interested in hearing about the strategy the administration has implemented to encourage old twink engagement. If any staff has examples or ideas about how to improve this, I am interested and willing to help in whatever capacity possible.

Last edited:
I really don’t have too much of an opinion on the matter, but when I’m looking at an armory I am always trying to figure out why the person decided to go that direction with gear. I think the perfect armory would have a link to the armory and maybe a short sentence explaining the build. E.g. “arena build maximizing haste to maximize damage output”, “bg build focused on survivability, playing primarily as a utility class”

when I said we need more guides, what I had in mind was a quick start guide with stats priority for the different and most common specs of each class, maybe a short introduction with the strengths and weaknesses, the role it has in a battlefield and the basic gear easily obtainable thanks to the excellent work done by Ivo with the TwinkDB and the recommended enchants.

Agreed, and I would love that. But even that would involve hours of work per class to do well, and that's for the uncontroversial picks. That said, if Ivo decides he wants to add builds to the TwinkDB, we may get exactly what you suggest. No pressure, Ivo.

Mine is just a suggestion, I'm sorry if I was unclear earlier but I'm an old boomer who writes with google translate (as you may have guessed) I didn't want to complain but just offer ideas for improvement.

Oh no worries! As a fellow wrinkletwink, I share the struggle. Others besides you mentioned wanting additional guides, and while I share that desire, I wanted to pull back the curtain a bit to show how big of an undertaking even small guides can entail.

@CigNus ur a star mate.
This thread has been through several peoples hands, and u’ve done a great job to pick it up and run with it.
Keep up the good work.
Don’t fret about the few that r up in arms over it. U’r doing amazing. ;)

Ego has a different connotation than pride, which seems to be what you mean. If you're saying that it's all about pride, yes. 100%. My character being on the armory makes me proud, because it's a reinforcement to my perception that I'm a peer of the twinking community. I'm proud because people can see my toon, wonder what my xpoff profile is, browse through the thread, and see that I'm a longstanding member that is still actively twinking. I don't understand why that would be problematic, or a cause for contempt. I was always told to do work that I'm proud of and I'm pretty proud of my work twinking too. I can't imagine for a second I'm the only person who thinks like that, and I don't even care that much about my character. I honestly can't even imagine not being proud of what I've accomplished. I think any limit on the armory is a limit on the community, or at least a limit on the ability to feel like an active member of the community, for the above reasons.

The change represented a drastic shift in policy out of the blue. Just as Cig got defensive making this post, old twinks got defensive about suddenly being excluded without any sort of indication of how to continue to demonstrate their active commitment to the bracket. The good of the community includes the wellbeing of all of the players, and I think it's pretty laughable to suggest that, in this instance, the overall good of the community was considered when changes were being implemented. It seems as though a small subsect of the community, new players looking for gearing templates, was catered to over other members based on the provided insights into the initial idea behind this change.
They didn’t get defensive they got aggressive af over something so fucking stupid. It was 100% ego and you should be embarrassed by association. Nice try to save face tho

Just popping in to say hi!
Great idea, I'm the non tank with ember trinket, people often ask about it ;)
Much love folks
Key for me was actually using the loot finder built in to the game.
I posted my toon here, hurt the mm hunter to show a new account made after sl dropped can make a decent free to play hunter without any gf stuff.
Not to flex as someone put it, but to help.

They didn’t get defensive they got aggressive af over something so fucking stupid. It was 100% ego and you should be embarrassed by association. Nice try to save face tho

kracks, you are not on some pedestal. you are one of the most toxic players in the bracket from everything i've seen and heard. please do not fool yourself into thinking that you're in any way better than anyone who overreacted. i was trying to be civil, and i did highlight that the personal attacks against cig weren't okay in my previous posts so not sure why you think im trying to defend them.

kracks, you are not some pedestal. you are one of the most toxic players in the bracket from everything i've seen and heard. please do not fool yourself into thinking that you're in any way better than anyone who overreacted. i was trying to be civil, and i did highlight that the personal attacks against cig weren't okay in my previous posts so not sure why you think im trying to defend them.
Classic deflection trying to turn it around on me… disgraceful and btw ur guild hasn’t done shit for the community. I’ve done more than anyone in your guild put together bitch

Classic deflection trying to turn it around on me… disgraceful and btw ur guild hasn’t done shit for the community. I’ve done more than anyone in your guild put together bitch

Just telling it how it is. I don't think anyone except you has any delusions about what you've provided to the community, but regardless this is off topic. If you want to come at me or our guild, my PMs are open.

Props for. Proving your ego is an issue, and trying to deflect onto the guy's guild, shameless, you have done, past tense, no flag, no cookie,
You know most people quit wow years ago aye? You're like a stain on an empty bottle right? Stop trying to be king of mediocrity,
Everyone serious moved on years ago.
People left are here to have fun,
Or be scumbags, which is up to you.

Just telling it how it is. I don't think anyone except you has any delusions about what you've provided to the community, but regardless this is off topic. If you want to come at me or our guild, my PMs are open.
Oh rlly I guess you’ve never heard of wargames? Not surprised since everyone in ur guild is too scared to participate in them lol

You havent done anything. You've begged people for shit for hours and hours and hours. You're a bum. Always have been. You mooch off anyone that will carry you or give you runs free.

Let's not talk about your wargames, where its 5 druids on one team. We've already gone there before.

Go get your cheer team to come in with the pom poms. All the rats you know..

Oh rlly I guess you’ve never heard of wargames? Not surprised since everyone in ur guild is too scared to participate in them lol

Man this is getting sad. Good luck to you dude.

You havent done anything. You've begged people for shit for hours and hours and hours. You're a bum. Always have been. You mooch off anyone that will carry you or give you runs free.

Let's not talk about your wargames, where its 5 druids on one team. We've already gone there before.

Go get your cheer team to come in with the pom poms. All the rats you know..
The true personality of stuck at graveyard everyone

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 7.26.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread