Arena Server

Would you make a toon on this server if it was made?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so no one misread Wizkidone's post - this IS an arena server. Our focus IS arena. Yes, we will be doing other stuff because we're humans and JUST doing arena is going to get boring. With that being said, we are not doing premade BGs, we are not doing achievements, we are not doing rep stuff unless a group of friends decide to do it.

I will be pretty ban-happy if I start seeing PREMADE ON _____ ! popping up in chat because we are not becoming Aerie Peak version 2.0. This server is 100% about arenas. Arenas WILL make you a better player, we will NOT judge you if you are bad - we WILL help you get better IF you want to. This is really important. If you come here with a big ego, and you're losing and you refuse to accept that people better than you are giving you advice to help YOU - you'll find yourself with no one to play with very quickly.

The only context I have ever said this might be a bad idea in was the early adaptation of the rules & regulations. An arena server seems like a pretty straightforward and solid idea to me.

My only apprehension was the idea of a class ban hammer existing on a -server wide- level. If there is a democratic approach to banning a class for tournaments/events, then that works for me.

I wish that AP hadn't lost all of its arena players so quickly, but other than that I see no real problem with the server.

Wish you all best of luck, may even join you some day if I think things are being run well.

Bop

Dinged 20 on my priest this evening, hopefully ill have enough pieces of gear for some games tomorrow afternoon before work.

The only context I have ever said this might be a bad idea in was the early adaptation of the rules & regulations. An arena server seems like a pretty straightforward and solid idea to me.

My only apprehension was the idea of a class ban hammer existing on a -server wide- level. If there is a democratic approach to banning a class for tournaments/events, then that works for me.

I wish that AP hadn't lost all of its arena players so quickly, but other than that I see no real problem with the server.

Wish you all best of luck, may even join you some day if I think things are being run well.

Bop
you can join the server but if i see one pretentious thing in the chat like you've been posting on this thread, i am going to mute you.

/facepalm
we have a large community already with like 20 active players and we dont really need people posting in chat nitpicking the server and trying to seem better than everyone. I said i wouldnt ban him. I will ban no one unless it is for extreme circumstances, im just saying if he posts things in chat like he posted here, which annoyed many people on the server, i am going to mute him for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
By dividing the f2p community you are only destroying opportunities for arena, people want balance. No one wants to arena with a pre bis toon, no one wants to grind bgs all day. AP allows us to do everything, while consolidating the f2p community. Idk why some rando server is necessary. I love arena, but wouldnt reroll. I love your energy, but I think this effort would be more effective if applied to a new system of random arena games on AP, a structure giving people the information -- the when and the who, on a server that already has the most resources. Annnnnyyyyywwaaaayyyy, hope you have some fun games. Im getting on, form on fate fo areeners.

We have arena going nearly all the time, Aerie Peak does not. So far this server is 100% a success. You can see a ton of games on twitch.tv/name (name=ianstreamin, enzada, wizkidone, hylunn). No one wants to arena with a pre-bis toon? All we do is arena with pre-bis toons. It's amazing. It's fun. I don't even recognize your name so you must be new to AP. Most of the players on Korgath are ex-AP players, and most of them are the "good" Aerie Peak players.

Come check it out if you doubt it. Until then, you're talking out of your ass.

We have arena going nearly all the time, Aerie Peak does not. So far this server is 100% a success. You can see a ton of games on twitch.tv/name (name=ianstreamin, enzada, wizkidone, hylunn). No one wants to arena with a pre-bis toon? All we do is arena with pre-bis toons. It's amazing. It's fun. I don't even recognize your name so you must be new to AP. Most of the players on Korgath are ex-AP players, and most of them are the "good" Aerie Peak players.

Come check it out if you doubt it. Until then, you're talking out of your ass.

So obviously your a little more defensive than I thought. I was trying to keep it honest, unoffensive. Sure you have more arena going on there than ap, because you put a cataclysm in the f2p community and took whatever games were happening for yourself. If you redirected your energy, as I stated originally, you could have a more successful arena system on ap. As far as arena without bis, I get really competitive, sure its for fun but if my toon fails to perform at its maximum potential than something is left to question, skill is ambiguous, class mechanics outweigh strategy. Im sure alot of people feel this way too, and im sure alot of people agree with you -- korgath seems to be doing ok, regardless my ass will continue to flap on Ti until 5.3 hits.

If you redirected your energy, as I stated originally, you could have a more successful arena system on ap.

All I can say is that when you are on Korgath its nice to open your friend list and see 12 people online, and all 12 of them are Arena players.

That is something you can never have on AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So obviously your a little more defensive than I thought. I was trying to keep it honest, unoffensive. Sure you have more arena going on there than ap, because you put a cataclysm in the f2p community and took whatever games were happening for yourself. If you redirected your energy, as I stated originally, you could have a more successful arena system on ap. As far as arena without bis, I get really competitive, sure its for fun but if my toon fails to perform at its maximum potential than something is left to question, skill is ambiguous, class mechanics outweigh strategy. Im sure alot of people feel this way too, and im sure alot of people agree with you -- korgath seems to be doing ok, regardless my ass will continue to flap on Ti until 5.3 hits.
Korgath seems to be doing okay? Alright let me make you aware of a certain fact. It is BOOMING. Last sunday during fishing, korgath alliance had more players online than AP horde. This server isn't random and slowly building. Its building rapidly, to the point that it had more activity than AP horde within 14 days of its creation. It's doing a lot more than just okay.

It seems like everyone logs in at a certain time period, whenever I log in over there, there is only 3-4 online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread