Are you DF ready? Last minute advice thread for 29s

glancealot

Legend
If you plan on running arms at all, parry might be a stat to look into for the heal-on-parry talent. Also if you can gather socketed gear ilvl87+ The shadowlands “other” gem that heals every 10 seconds is just as effective as max level. At least when I last tested. Most epic Wotlk drops designated for tanks fit both criteria.

The shadowlands “other” gem that heals every 10 seconds is just as effective as max level.

Just checked it out, seems like the original gem heals for 133 and each additional adds 100 to that. Glad TBC only scales to 86, lol... that'd be ridiculous. That's really cool stuff tho, great find!

edit- not sure it works in PvP tho, someone might wanna chime in on that, but regardless still very useful.

I haven't understand it yet... is ToC gear gonna be better then Socket gear from TBC ?

Right now it looks like epic gear will be much higher ilvl than rare gear, so likely the added stats of going epic will be slightly better than the added stats of a socket on a rare item. Multiple sockets on a rare piece might catch up to an epic without but I cant guarantee that, didnt verify.

Last edited:
If you plan on running arms at all, parry might be a stat to look into for the heal-on-parry talent. Also if you can gather socketed gear ilvl87+ The shadowlands “other” gem that heals every 10 seconds is just as effective as max level. At least when I last tested. Most epic Wotlk drops designated for tanks fit both criteria.

thanks for the tip.

i just dueled a max gear monk on PTR and i already find myself extremely tanky...this will make things better if it works in PvP. two days to hunt for socket gears, grrr

in terms of parry/dodge, they don't work in PvP, just duel someone and you will see, no parry/dodge happens. maybe during the time when the talent ability is up it can happen, but that's not frequent enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for the party/dodge clarification! Also glad tbc gear caps at 86. Haven’t tested this out yet though, but if epic dungeon quest procs are the same ilvl as dropped epics, there are some 2+ socketed tbc gear that could fit shadowlands gems.

edit: Curious @glancealot in the gems current state, how few would you run without compromising your current gear? Or is socketing them now a priority? Like would you drop something like gossamer for any warforged trinket with socket proc?

Last edited:
the shadowland gem finding is amazing. it works in PvP and the regen isn't affected by mortal wounds either...

holy F!

edit: ya...max gear 112 monk has a hard time killing me even when i am standing still when i fully put in shadowland gems.

Last edited:
the shadowland gem finding is amazing. it works in PvP and the regen isn't affected by mortal wounds either...

holy F!

edit: ya...max gear 112 monk has a hard time killing me even when i am standing still when i fully put in shadowland gems.

I'm the monk and YES I can confirm it!

Curious @glancealot in the gems current state, how few would you run without compromising your current gear? Or is socketing them now a priority? Like would you drop something like gossamer for any warforged trinket with socket proc?

no, trinket slot cannot be changed. gossamer offers as much healing as crusader, for example.

other slots though, i am not sure. but i think for my build, socketed cloth with the right secondaries is better than no-socket plate.

please pm me your battlenet ID if you play on US, thanks!

edit: just to give others an idea how good this is, assuming 10 sockets, for a 20 min game, that's 1033 * 20 * 60 / 10 = 124k healing lol!

Last edited:
For those of you who are eager to know the healing numbers on ptr, I have gemmed my 29 monk with 1x https://www.wowhead.com/item=173125/revitalizing-jewel-doublet#created-by-spell and 6x https://www.wowhead.com/item=173127/deadly-jewel-cluster. Here's what it looks like:

Healing.jpg

I assume there's an Internal CD of 10 sec and it feels like the healing proc once every few seconds no matter you are in combat or not. The only question now is https://www.wowhead.com/item=173125/revitalizing-jewel-doublet#comments and SL gems like https://www.wowhead.com/item=173127/deadly-jewel-cluster requires ilvl87 to socket in. We CAN'T do it right now before the scaling change. Need to wait til 15th to figure out whether we can gem it on ilvl112 epics.

Last edited:
no, trinket slot cannot be changed. gossamer offers as much healing as crusader, for example.

other slots though, i am not sure. but i think for my build, socketed cloth with the right secondaries is better than no-socket plate.

please pm me your battlenet ID if you play on US, thanks!

edit: just to give others an idea how good this is, assuming 10 sockets, for a 20 min game, that's 1033 * 20 * 60 / 10 = 124k healing lol!

That you multiply with 20 before 60 in your calculation, and not the other way round triggers me.

I have this weird feeling you will be spending a decent amount of time in the gy.

can you not read? max gear monk has a hard time killing me when i am standing still. this is even more true after i switched race to troll.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread