Any leech build?

glancealot

Legend
I was looking at this trinket in my bank and noticed "3 charges".

https://www.wowhead.com/item=137462/jewel-of-insatiable-desire

so this trinket basically offers 6 int + 14 leech (6%) for yourself and 14 leech for a teammate, because the cooldown is only 20 seconds, and it does not take up a GCD (i.e. the macro below will cast rejuvanate and give 14 leech to your target with a single click, it would just case Rejuvenation if your Jewel of Insatiable Desire is on cooldown).

/use Jewel of Insatiable Desire
/cast Rejuvenation

with moderate leech stacking, we are looking at probably 15% leech minimum (all socket gears have a chance to proc leech as an additional stat)

What got me thinking is, you know how, for example, locks dot people up? if a lock can dot 4 enemy players in midfield, that's 15%*4 = 60% of dot damage translated into health!

I think I am onto something, but I am not sure...

Reactions: KPI
All hunters get 10% leech by default with a ferocity pet.

so you could theoretically get around 30% leech on a semi-BiS hunter then...

so this trinket basically offers 6 int + 14 leech (6%) for yourself and 14 leech for a teammate, because the cooldown is only 20 seconds, and it does not take up a GCD (i.e. the macro below will cast rejuvanate and give 14 leech to your target with a single click, it would just case Rejuvenation if your Jewel of Insatiable Desire is on cooldown).

/cast Rejuvenation

with moderate leech stacking, we are looking at probably 15% leech minimum (all socket gears have a chance to proc leech as an additional stat)

What got me thinking is, you know how, for example, locks dot people up? if a lock can dot 4 enemy players in midfield, that's 15%*4 = 60% of dot damage translated into health!

You arent the first to step across this but im interested in what u figure ouy

While the trinket might be good, I feel the need to correct you on the warlock math. Just because the warlock has 4 sources of damage doesn't mean your leech percent changes. You will still only turn 15% of your damage into health. Let's say each spell did 25 damage so four spells does a total of 100 damage. With 15% leech you would get 3.75 health per spell, totaling 15 HP from all four. If "60% of dot damage translated into health!" you would expect 60 HP which is incorrect. Again, the item might still be good, but not that good.

I guess a Drain Life / Leech Affliction Warlock Build could be interesting - just not sure how viable, it would be very susceptible to being Shadow locked.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=334319/inevitable-demise

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=212371/rot-and-decay

Drain Life is not affected by Mastery - so having the "best" gear suffix might not be as critical.

Haste + Versa / Mastery + leech I would have thought, 20% Leech + ? Assuming all classes / races are the same ( not checked ), 1 Leech = 0.425% Leech, or about 48 Leech for 20%

Does https://www.wowhead.com/spell=20032/lifestealing work for casters?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=255110/siphoning - That item level is too low ....

My only experience of Leech / Versa builds is from Legion with a 101 Twink, iirc I was at 46% Versa and 18 - 20 % Leech, but that was a PvE Twink, nearly impossible to die though :D

/cast Rejuvenation

@glancealot sorry to burst your bubble :( but that leech trinket from VH is sadly not viable. I have already confirm in BGs and Arenas the scaling of the leech from the trinket gets squished to +2 leech per charge.... I was so sad.

GOod Luck!

procs for like 300 in duels, no idea of BG

that's how i tested it. are you saying there is a chance that it isn't squished in BGs? would be nice...

that's how i tested it. are you saying there is a chance that it isn't squished in BGs? would be nice...
Man, tooltips and trinket procs and stat squishes are so busted, each one individually probably needs to be tested in instanced PVP. And you'll have to actually look at your character sheet for it too. The Tusk trinket item tooltip says what.. 48? the buff tooltip says like 90 but it actually only gives like 35 or something.

Its a clusterfuck.

Just do what I did, buy all green i 28 pieces with leech, make a forsaken, then realize that leech sucks ass. That costs like 100k to do, run some dungeons.

What this forum seems to ignore... just que with healers, make whatever random build you want then use that result to justify whatever you want.

If you don't have a healer, leech does not save you and just gimps your dps... especially on the child classes that only care about damage... Ret, MM, etc... you are just nerfing your damage for an unneeded stat.

Unless your case is that avoidance, indestructible and/or speed are somehow massive dps increases Im unsure how leech gimps said dps?

BC gem gear for the true DPS classes is just better... so using less gems = less dps. Not sure whatever equation there is.

If we are talking wargames or something where everybody has leech and you are trying to make fights go on till we are exhausting healer manapools... sure leech up... but for most pub games just dps up.

I did not say it was bad, i just said its not like you are just unstoppable even if you have max leech.

I will also stipulate I have only done it on an Enhancement Shaman... so my opinion might be biased and incorrect if you try it on the Uber/higher survialbility Classes/Specs.

Last edited:
I did not say it was bad, i just said its not like you are just unstoppable even if you have max leech.
Thats not what you said at all.

leech sucks ass
just gimps your dps
unneeded stat

If your position is that more gem slots = better dps... maybe. But thats contingent on class/spec and gearset as a whole and the realities of pvp and not just test dummy approximations. ilvl 28 gear provides a significant increase in output in some slots for many specs and the addition of leech to those pieces would only be of added benefit (not a whole lot of benefit, sure. But better than nothing)

If your position is that more gem slots = better dps... maybe. But thats contingent on class/spec and gearset as a whole and the realities of pvp and not just test dummy approximations. ilvl 28 gear provides a significant increase in output in some slots for many specs and the addition of leech to those pieces would only be of added benefit (not a whole lot of benefit, sure. But better than nothing)

In the context of DPS it does gimp your maximum dps. In that regard it does "suck ass" "gimps your dps" and is an "unneeded stat".

In the context of picking something up because you have a funky BC gem gear slot that is not optimal... speed is just better. There is no way that mobility is not the better choice. Run away, engage faster, just better.

In the context of anyone playing with a premade all of the time... just go max dps because you don't need to worry about terts. You are just going to dominate or find a new premade because you should not be losing.

In the context of playing pubs... you are rolling the dice on who you face anyway... good luck have fun, leech here is just about as good as anything else. Maybe you get healed... maybe you don't. I'd love to see a good pub leech video of some Fury or Ret just freight training some alliance crap team.

In the context of wargames... I don't play them... but I would imagine the use would be keeping fights going till healers are OOM.

In the context of dueling in the woods... bullet in head.

In the context of posting on the forums... I guess we just say whatever we want.

Last edited:
I dont know if there really is a "leech build" that isnt somethign like MM or destro getting leech on everything too.

I mean it's only as good as the DPS you output, so that's kind of the "build" itself. Someone with 20% leech doing 60% less DPS than someone with 15%... I think the latter is the one more leech-oriented, if that makes reasonable sense.

In the context of DPS it does gimp your maximum dps. In that regard it does "suck ass" "gimps your dps" and is an "unneeded stat".
Again, this is simply untrue. It is heavily contingent on class/spec. As you even noted, TBC pieces are often less than ideal. So giving up one gem slot for better secondaries is a no brainer and if that ilvl 28 also has leech, thats a net win. It's not "gimping DPS" in any sense of the phrase.

But hey, you seem really bitter about some things you really want to talk about and are just using this thread as a framework to voice them. So I'll let it drop here.

I dont know if there really is a "leech build" that isnt somethign like MM or destro getting leech on everything too.

I mean it's only as good as the DPS you output, so that's kind of the "build" itself. Someone with 20% leech doing 60% less DPS than someone with 15%... I think the latter is the one more leech-oriented, if that makes reasonable sense.

For devil advocates sake... In leeches defense... I don't think you are doing 60% less dps even if you give up every 2-3 BC gem gear slots for a 1 of on i28s with leech. Maybe 20% less? I just don't think you should give up that 20% especially if you roll Premades... since you are just killing everything anyway.

The real issue is this regardless... is Leech better than Speed? IMO No, not ever.

Users who are viewing this thread