Any leech build?

Leech and Frost:

The problem is that if anybody gets on you except the worst melee classes you are kind of ... you know... dead. So unless you are on a map that is just netting massive amounts of Fever instances Leech is not really gonna save you from some button smashing Survival hunter. And if you are not really taking damage... leech is... well worthless.

Again, not sure if just being able to run away with Speed and/or prevent direct entanglement is more of a benefit :p

Leech just seems like more of a benefit if you are already S-Tier or you want to D-D-D-D-D-D-Duh-Duuuh-Duuuuuuuuh-Duel.

Leech and Frost:

The problem is that if anybody gets on you except the worst melee classes you are kind of ... you know... dead. So unless you are on a map that is just netting massive amounts of Fever instances Leech is not really gonna save you from some button smashing Survival hunter. And if you are not really taking damage... leech is... well worthless.

Again, not sure if just being able to run away with Speed and/or prevent direct entanglement is more of a benefit :p

Leech just seems like more of a benefit if you are already S-Tier or you want to D-D-D-D-D-D-Duh-Duuuh-Duuuuuuuuh-Duel.
Assuming you are a DK with the Orb of Torment trinket and running heal injector on belt with a "maximised dps build", leech is a very nice added heal in those combos. Having that extra 600-800hp (I do hope you encounter multiple enemies at once so you can get these numbers :p ) heals in a midfight can and will make a difference; If you save those 2 cd's I mentioned wisely I do not see you dying instantly when some melees jump on you. This is ofcourse assuming that at least one healer not far away from you knows what he is doing so you won't have to stay alive on yourself for an overextended period unless you get those juicy KB's in for the DS procs.

Last edited:
Was probably mentioned before but you can get leech to 19ish% max with all slots having leech except your weapon... world... you lose 20% in a BG = 15ish% max leech BG.

Am I missing something?

Fever ticks healing in bgs would be a nice increase to your durability that scales with confrontation size. More Fever targets means more passive healing plus more resources that you can then turn into even more healing. I don't see how that can be a bad thing. Would I rather have speed? Sure to some extent but a little leech isn't gonna hurt and is far from useless. Besides with how prevalent hunters are a good portion of the bg will be spent limping around concussed anyway.

My Frost Fever in bgs with just the alc flask does 626 damage over its duration. If I can hit that 15% leech that gives the potential for 98.25 per person hit over the course of the fight from just passive fever ticks. It isn't anything game breaking and wont turn you into an immortal monster but since healers actually have to worry about mana again plus the abundance of kicks I'm sure they'd appreciate the breathing room.

Users who are viewing this thread