any 2/2 sun-lutes?

Yeah they're big on making the leveling experience pleasant, i'm sure it was a big part of the reason for the low level requirement on 400+ gear. When MoP wasn't released they said one thing they wanted to do was give more attention (and balance, but... as if) to the twinking side of the game so i totally think it was intended. It bothers me however that they didn't consider or test how the insane amount of mastery people sport affects performance. Fast cast speeds and plenty of crits is super fun, but getting bursted by lvl 90 damage adds more frustration than fun to 80 PvP.

There's a big difference between putting multiple 400+ ilevel items for 80-84 and having hidden damage on a grey sword. They may not have intended or predicted that the items would have the impact that they have had, but it was forseable by everyone in the 80s community and 80s were already broken by 308 items and enchants. While they may not give two shits about whether or not the items hurt the bracket it is obvious that the items were thought out and intentional.

Except 80s with 308s weren't broken. The only thing broken about the bracket pre-mop was the remarkable burst damage of frost mages, but it was counterable, and given there was nigh-equal levels of items for each spec, it was basically a level playing field. I wasn't even talking about the quenched sword either.

All I'm seeing is that you have some inability to not be condescending to anyone, and think that blizzard adding items to the game (there's plenty that were added and were never obtainable) is never a result of oversight in the slightest. We've seen that they originally didn't like us getting massive stats because they changed some of them. That change however, wasn't enough.

Leveling speed is something they can change by adding heirlooms, not by adding obscenely powerful gear.

I enjoyed my 80 druid during Cataclysm, but as I was mostly in bearform and highly dependant on the mastery back then, I've pretty much quit playing that toon.
Adding these high ilevel items for low combat levels was intended, in fact, I'm sure imbalance for twinks was the aim.

My guess:
It's not that Blizzard hates twinks specifically, it's just that you're supposed to enjoy WoW as it was intended.
Twinks were unavoidable, but not what Blizzard had in mind while developing WoW. So now, they might just be trying to get rid of the twink brackets one by one.
Make leveling in battlegrounds enjoyable by barely geared scrubs once again, hopefully eliminate those occasional insanely geared twinks that dominate an entire battleground on their own.

well it looks like this didnt turn out to be the thread i was aiming for, but i guess i will throw some bricks in the fire.. cus wowhead has datamined the ptr to be the ruination of every bracket from 70+
Lionheart Blade, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
Thunder, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
Fireguard, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
Drakefist Hammer, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
The Planar Edge, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
Lunar Crescent, Reborn - Item - World of Warcraft
if this goes live all low lvl bg's and arena's will die.. acording to mmo theese weps go all the way to the full epic versions that we used to know, and yes thats boe you are looking at.
i myself will enjoy this if it goes live cus i mostly do world pvp vs 90's but there is no doubt that if this isn't bad datamining the world of twinks 70+ is history.

Though that drakefist hammer might be the only thing that could save the 70 bracket. 95k hp with 85% resil should help a lot vs high weap dmg.
But ofc it would be a ridiculous oversight if it went live like that ^^

lol the Drakefist Hammer would be BiS for everyone at level 90.

80 thousand health from one item? Sure, thanks! I'll tank with that :)

Reforge 3500 spirit into Mastery, Crit, Hit? Sure thing, that'd be fine! LOL

lol the Drakefist Hammer would be BiS for everyone at level 90.

80 thousand health from one item? Sure, thanks! I'll tank with that :)

Reforge 3500 spirit into Mastery, Crit, Hit? Sure thing, that'd be fine! LOL

No it wouldn't, not even remotely. Maybe if your content is restricted to heroic dungeons and BGs, without having a conquest point vendor.

Datamined items are not relevant in any possible way. There were a billion (yes, exaggerating) items in the past with ridiculous stats or recipes for items, which never went live.
best example?
Frostmourne - Item - World of Warcraft

Even being able to link items or to look them up ingame via the script command means nothing as long as the items arent obtainable, who cares. Even Blizzard cares enough (they could give more fucks, but they apparently don't give none) and knows what happens if they implement items which boost your secondary stats from 40-50% to 140-150% or even 250%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the issue lies in the fact that we found the datamined 409s on beta, nobody believed they would make it to live then.

But they did.

Crafting gear has traditionally had the ability to vanish without a trace (transmutes for 85 epic gems for example), but expect the drakefists stats to be changed. It is currently, extremely powerful for any (casters specifically) character 70+ in level.

No it wouldn't, not even remotely. Maybe if your content is restricted to heroic dungeons and BGs, without having a conquest point vendor.

Datamined items are not relevant in any possible way. There were a billion (yes, exaggerating) items in the past with ridiculous stats or recipes for items, which never went live.
best example?
Frostmourne - Item - World of Warcraft

Even being able to link items or to look them up ingame via the script command means nothing as long as the items arent obtainable, who cares. Even Blizzard cares enough (they could give more fucks, but they apparently don't give none) and knows what happens if they implement items which boost your secondary stats from 40-50% to 140-150% or even 250%.
I'm sure the items are going to make it to live, the only thing we don't know is whether or not the item requirement is a placeholder or not.

still doubting, its a difference to be able to obtain 409 items at 80 and ilvl-wise heroic dungeon items at 70. could bet almost they wont make it, atleast with that level requirement, on live. wont help anyone to discuss this for pages until the patch goes retail, so :)

otherwise you'd go as dk double 1h axe, double pvp enchant and gg.
800 resilience, 400 pvp power, u wot

Last edited by a moderator:
At what, 70? The only thing that would save DKs in that bracket is the extra haste/stamina. At 80, we can already use the pvp enchant.

We can likely assume that both the stats on some of the items and the level requirement is placeholder, BUT don't hold your breath. Blizzard have derped a few times in the past.

Whilst we're on the subject, you realise just how much of a buff the 409s were at 80 right? Sure 463s (particularly weapons) will be worse, but as it stands the MoP gear ruined what was a fairly decent-balance bracket (if you exclude mages ofc).

I wont doubt how dumb blizzard possibly is in the way of their item implementation for lower levels. I know the state of DKs at 70, thats why I don't have one, especially with MoP talent revamp and lvl 75 requirement for rune replenishment talents (lold, realized how fucking annoying that is while leveling my 2nd 80s).
Keep in mind that the items, if they will go live with those stats, are upgradeable and will end up at ilvl 471. We should just stay updated on that topic, to prepare for the abominations :p

I wont doubt how dumb blizzard possibly is in the way of their item implementation for lower levels. I know the state of DKs at 70, thats why I don't have one, especially with MoP talent revamp and lvl 75 requirement for rune replenishment talents (lold, realized how fucking annoying that is while leveling my 2nd 80s).
Keep in mind that the items, if they will go live with those stats, are upgradeable and will end up at ilvl 471. We should just stay updated on that topic, to prepare for the abominations :p

Tell me about it. I never thought I'd be forced to reroll my first twink.

Upgrades will only happen if we get the NPC back ;P

Aw fuck, I'm retarded and forgot about the removal of item upgrades, nvm then :)
I play DK for a long time now and below 75 it is pretty much the biggest pain in the ass I've experienced for a long time, I mean even before the MoP talent revamp DKs weren't especially "good", maybe because they were just overshadowed, because of rogue/mage etc, dunno. Excited for patch! :)

I didn't see that drakefist hammer doesn't have spellpower on it. You lose about 4000 spellpower from an ILVL 516 dagger.

Drakefist - 4707 intellect, 6940 stamina, 3506 spirit, 3506 haste.

Regail's Crackling Dagger (516 ilvl heroic) - 412 mastery, 329 crit, 8441 spellpower, 1 socket.

Those are huge stats! But, no, I highly doubt they will make it into the game like that.

We're looking at 463 weapons for level 70's, compared to 409 weapons for level 80's.

My point is that these weapons going live with a level requirement of 70 would bring imbalance to a whole new level and it just seems unlikely it will happen.

The Drakefist Hammer with its caster stats, and the same old on melee hit 212 haste proc, points toward these Reborn weapons not being finished just yet. Hell, the developers could have just taken the Drakefist Hammer, copied it and added those extra stats with the idea of going back later to tune it properly. The original Drakefist Hammer didn't have any stats - all it had was the chance on hit proc.

I'm not saying they won't go live like this, but they just don't seem finished at all.

Just saw a blue post saying:
There are some plans to bring these Blacksmithing models back with 5.2, currently you can find the following info on Wowhead's PTR.

So it looks like those weapons will be going live instead of just sitting in the game files being unused. Still no news on whether the level requirements will stay 70 though.

Users who are viewing this thread