A Plea to Roll Horde

Piesmo

Legend
Hi guys, newly registered but I've been lurking here for almost a year now. Last week I heard about f2p's and decided to give them a try on my p2p account while adhering to the code. For a while it was fun, (actually one of the best experiences I had twinking and I played 19's in early BC) but then I started noticing a few things and getting bored of the bracket.

1) Nearly all TI guys who are sticking to the f2p honor code have rolled Alliance.

2) I'm sure a lot of you who are alliance can verify this, but for my character I have won 95% of my games played (and I'm 4 wins away from the 100 won games and Master of WSG achievement)

3) From chatting with guys in bg whispers, the 24's on alliance side are mostly TI posters or people who initially tried 20's, noticed the amount of time alliance wins, and decided to pick this bracket as there farming bracket because even sticking to the rules as a 20 was no challenge as alliance.

So I decided to roll Horde and see what the feeling on that side was. I rolled a rogue with full boa's just to speed up to 20, and this is what I found out about the Horde.

1) There are actually some experienced players there who are adhering to the limitations, however the majority of them were completely new to WoW. It wasn't strange to come into a bg, and get some facepalmingly bad questions during the prep time before the bg starts.

2) The 24's on Horde, are mostly guys who started as 20's but then decided to roll 24's to try and even the playing field, but were still frustrated at being farmed by level 20's. (Farming from Alliance was extremely prevalent. Every game I played today as Horde had it for at least 5-10 minutes.)

My suggestion is for those of you who do care about this bracket and want it to continue is to roll Horde. Horde is in desperate need of skilled players now more than ever. By bringing in skilled players into Horde side, it would at least attempt to even out the win-lose ratio and hopefully discourage 24's from both sides. Less farming for alliance 24's, and less raging and "justice"-bringing from Horde 24's. I know a lot of you have put work into making your Alli toons near Perfect. I believe Medanx is 1 or 2 away from AGM, and most of you have 2-3 heirlooms already, but if you want to continue to have games please reroll a Horde main. I am skeptical moving to purely wargames will help, and the borderine flaming on these forums towards 24's is only exasperating the problem. So tl';dr:

LEADERS OF TI'S TWINK COMMUNITY, UNCLE GARROSH WANTS YOU! (seriously stop rolling easy Alliance characters and make a challenging Hordie, you know you want to)

We want to make this bracket friendly for every bracket, however I'm going to stay with my alliance twink for awhile.

I'm actually leveling random 20s on different accounts to give out to players (NOTE: not geared ones), will start to make more horde chars to encourage more players playing horde.

We also want to make events such as wargames, we will probably meet up at booty bay, ratchet or similar places to play wargames so both factions can join. Thursday 2 pm Aerie Peak ST we will have some wargames going on.

If I could faction change my shaman to horde I would do that.

Wargames are where its going to be at. Everyone should be making 1-2 toons ON EACH FACTION, possibly even mirror toons (I.E. Human holy pal/BE Holy pal) so that your BOAs once you grind them out can still go to good use. A quick look at wowhead shows a big gear disparity between horde and alliance physical dps, so interfaction wargames are going to be the most balanced. Honestly I work 60 hours a week, and in one afternoon of playing I have my first f2p toon (human pally) at lvl 14 with 100 honor saved (enough for my sword and neck) and tailoring at 35 (for bags and DE mats, later to be dropped for engy). These toons are quick to make, and the difference between and absolutely perfect f2p twink and a work in progress is minimal.

Can we get into Outland on trials? We've got access to the low level parts of TBC (belf/draenei). It would make organising war games a lot easier for us if we were all based in the same city, and we'd have access to the portals there too.

I've got parts in the mail to set up a new web server, so I'll be setting up a wiki there for F2P related stuff, like gear lists, profession training order, and somewhere to download the F2P addons I'm writing. A wiki makes more sense than only thread starters being able to keep information updated.

Gear lists I'm doing first are going to be the Horde ones ;)

If I'm understanding you right, you have something wrong with you're plan Gorilla. BOA's will have to be grinded (ground?, lol) for both the human and Blood Ef seperately since you won't be able to send mail even to your self. Also, I'm hesitant about wargames, because of the difficulty setting them up. It would also take one of the attractive features from me out, which are the fast que times (though they have been slowing down a lot lately, 20+ mins)

You're right, no mailboxes. Completely whooshed myself. Still going to make multiple toons per faction, and I would advise everyone to do the same.

Get to Shattrath. DO IT.

Duels / Banks / Portal / InnKeeper / War Games.

Just find a mage in Org/SW and do /say.

How does that help the bracket though? Sticking to only wargames, makes us dueling psuedo-guilds rather than a twink bracket. Also getting everyone to Aerie Peak is impossible. It'd limit this brackets potential.

Actually 85's wont see what you write in /s but there are many active P2P people (going F2P) that could whisper a mage for you. (If you got an active US account, but still play on a trial acc, you could allways just make a lvl 1)

I have Shat as HS and it is litteraly 0 other people there. I think getting all the 20 twinks there is an extremely good idea. Getting a "hang out" between battles and an easy way to start wargames is brilliant.

What would be a good spot to chill in Shatt that's somewhat open as to make all toons easily visible? Shatt is a pretty big place. If everyone is spread out then that's not going to help much.

As far as wargames being hard to organize...

Just remember, it only takes 4 people to get a wargame up and running. And if you want fast queue times, this is where it's at. If you can just get 4 ppl together then the queue is instant. Doesn't get any better than that imo.

In theory I like the idea of trying to make the public bgs a place where everyone does what they're supposed to but lets face it, f2p 20s is a totally different concept. Look at how many posts there's been about hunters in the 15-19 bracket and yet after all the QQ (from me included) there seems to be just as many huntards as ever. Lets focus on what we CAN do and just take action with it. Setting up wargame times on TI is all fine and ok... but in the end it's going to take people just whispering and communication with a few other people to just get it going whenever they see the opportunity present itself.

TLDR: 20s are different. Lets play them differently.

Piesmo said:
How does that help the bracket though? Sticking to only wargames, makes us dueling psuedo-guilds rather than a twink bracket. Also getting everyone to Aerie Peak is impossible. It'd limit this brackets potential.

Getting an entire bracket on one realm? That develops a community, much like pre xrealms BGs. Those were the best days for twinking, when you could see the same people over and over, get to know people and play competitively. Also for physical DPS the difference between BOA weapons and quest rewards/boss drops/honor weapons is pretty minimal, so that isn't a super big deal.

The reason I advise making horde and ally toons is simply because some people like playing one faction more than the other, and forcing all of those people to only play alliance twinks or only play horde twinks is kind of unfair. Also I'm brand new to this, I'm not trying to make everyone think I have all the answers, but I've been twinking since '06 in the 19s, 29s, 39s (extensively), 49s, and most recently the 70 bracket. I know what makes communities and what breaks them, and I have a pretty good understanding of the ebb and flow of bracket population. This one is on the rise, much like the 70s this past spring. When the Q times drag on upwards of an hour alliance side, the 24 BOA hunters and pallys will get bored and leave and the only thing sustaining it will be the f2p community that develops in wargames.

I hinted at it in the sticky but no bites. I'll be there when I finish. Are you completely sure they can't see even our says? I used to do it all the time when I was trial way back. I'd say to someone to whisper someone else to whisper me. It worked :S.

What is "retarded" about anything that's been said? Why would you suggest a thread be locked that has: no griping about 24s, no trolling, reasonable discussion? Just speak your mind and continue the discussion.

Also, the center of Shatt is a pretty reasonable area, considering the portals are there and all with the banks just outside. The only thing missing is the vendors and innkeeper placed just within the Lower City.

Opinion said:
Also, the center of Shatt is a pretty reasonable area, considering the portals are there and all with the banks just outside. The only thing missing is the vendors and innkeeper placed just within the Lower City.

Lower city is a little chaotic, I vote center of shat. If anyone finds a nice mage put them on friends list, this goes for both factions.

Users who are viewing this thread