A few questions regarding twinking

Dabrixmgp

Grandfathered
Im honestly bored at 120 and sick and tired of getting ROFLstomped as Alliance in 95% of BGs. Been thinking about making a Twink but no idea which bracket to stick with. I guess most people have multiple twinks in case queue times get bad. Regardless of bracket or class I choose I will be rerolling Horde. So just have a couple of questions.

1) How are the queue times and which bracket seems to pop the fastest?

2) What are some good classes in each bracket? I used to mess around with a few 19s back when Rogue Ambush could 1 shot and Holy Paladins could practically take on entire teams and live. Also 19 Boomkins were lolz cause all you needed were your DoTs to kill everything that moved. I also think my pre Cata patch SPriest that stacked Mastery wrecked as well. Is there anything similar to that these days? Im kinda leaning towards a new SPriest or maybe a Fury Warrior. I absolutely refuse to play Hunter, just dont find them fun at all although Survival might be fun if they are good in any brackets. My goal is to get Wrecking Ball and finish with as many Kills as possible.

3) How do people usually gear up? I have a second Legion account I could use to run dungeons or old raids if necessary. However I think my max level on it is only 100. I heard Fury Warrior was pretty solid at 110 but I feel like Im gonna need Mythic Antorus loot for a 110 to be viable. Are there guilds or a community that will use 120s or even 110s to run Mythic Ant for gear?

1) Queue times depends on bracket and time of day. 29 and 19 have reasonable queues around 10 minutes during the day and in the evening.

2) for 19 Outlaw Rogue, Balance Druid, Fury Warrior, any healer, Arcane Mage is strong right now. Probably more.
For 29: Fury warriors are really good, so is any healer, survival hunters and arcane Mages. Rogues as outlaw too. Again, probably more.

3) most of the gear is from instances, BG crates, some from low level pvp vendors and auction house. You can find directories and armouries for basically any class in the different bracket sections.

Each bracket has its advantages. Like 40 + has PvP talents, plus more procable weapon choices. Lower brackets has more stability due to no classes has a wicked proc weapon or pvp talent that shreds in their respective bracket. You can PM me for any specifics questions about any classes etc or add my battletag and I can answer questions and maybe help you out.

Battletag: Traumax#2413

Lowkey does a pretty good job covering it. I'll add...

1) 19s and 20-29s have the best queues. But everything generally has some games going - there may just be less twinks and more levelers.
  • 19s - Most popular traditional twink bracket. Fewest skills, no mounts, and no pvp talents make mechanics/positioning much more important.
  • 20-29 - Huge numbers of F2P/Vet level 20s means this bracket will always be populated. First pvp talent.
  • 39/49/59 - More skills, more talents, more interesting gearing options.
  • 110 - Huge gear advantage over other 110s. Really good scaling, has legion leggos and BfA azerite. Very easy to gear up to a solid state, though mythic ant is going to provide some of the best pieces depending on rolls. So easy to start, but always something that you could get better. Can also do some wpvp, but as 120s get more geared in later patches it'll be less viable.
  • 119 - dominates the 111-119 ipvp bracket. No leggos, but has a lot more gearing options. Viable in wpvp, though like 110 it'll be less so in future patches
  • Other brackets are either pve oriented or I don't know enough about them
2) Depends on the bracket and what BG you're in. Druids are almost always pretty versatile. Fury is pretty popular and really good from 29-59. Arcane mages are pretty strong. Almost all healers are strong.

3) Again, depends on the bracket and how things scale. You can get 300 engineering on low levels so that comes into play for lower brackets. 39s+ you'll start seeing epics scale to that level, which are going to be rarer and more interesting. Shoulder heirlooms can usually be enchanted and mailed. There are leg and glove enchants that only can be used on BoEs, so you'll often see BoE gloves/legs being an option. BG crates tend to drop slightly better gear than normal heirloom/dungeons/etc. Up at 59 and higher you get into some interesting mix of expansion gear. To your question at 110 - you don't need mythic ant to be viable. Getting the HoA, azerite pieces, quest rewards, and legion leggos will make you a beast. I've seen a few attempts at mythic antorus, but not sure if any regular groups are set up and running. I'm not sure if usual mythic rules about servers still apply - but I know eonar is annoyingly difficult for a pug.

Last edited:
there are the popular twink brackets and the not so popular twink brackets .. i usually stay in the not so popular twink bracket cos you will likely NOT see a single twink whenever u r in a bg .. it depends on what you like .. personally i am a tired of 19, you usually get half the team on each side having the same kind of gears as you, so it boils down to which team having more twinks wins

then there are brackets where gearing is easier, by that i mean the kind of gears you will eventually get through farming can also be gotten by other twinks, which makes everyone almost have the same chance of "getting there"

for me .. i like a twink bracket, where the gears are harder to come by, which also means fewer players want to twink in that bracket

Just go 70, most balanced and fun

On EU 70's are fun, only if you are queuing in a pre-made, chances are you will queue into a pre-made on the opposite faction if solo queuing.

This is obviously subjective:

Most Fun: 39's - I find 39's the most chilled bracket. On EU at least see very few pre-mades on either faction. Doesn't take long to make a competitive 39 ( not necessarily BiS ).

Most unbalanced: 59 - TBC socket gear / WotLK Engineering / Proc Weapons / Trinkets - Ok if you have - bad shit if you dont.

Genarally fun - 60s and 70's - I find both are a lot of fun queuing with Friends, both can be really intense if you queue into other twinks.

I don't play 19 / 20 or 29 atm, played a few rounds at the start of BfA, you either have a Frag Belt and one shot or get one shot.

Users who are viewing this thread