EU+US 99 Demon Hunter

@dbether was there anything special you did to make it work? Did you guys take turns dying while the other turned in or something?
I'd also like to know this. Alliance side seems like it's going to take planning, luck, and hitting some of the elites when you can get away without getting group xp. I managed to go over by 15,479 when Behsten showed up.

Going to try again eventually but you have to be extremely careful on the Alliance side.

Alliance side seems like it's going to take planning, luck, and hitting some of the elites when you can get away without getting group xp.
If you are doing this ONLY for iPvP then you shouldn't be killing ANY Rares, none. If you are doing it for a mix of iPvP/WPvP/PvE or just PvE then ONLY kill Leeko or w/e his name is on the stairs once you get inside that drops that Trinket as it's the ONLY thing that's pretty OP on a 99.

If you are doing this ONLY for iPvP then you shouldn't be killing ANY Rares, none. If you are doing it for a mix of iPvP/WPvP/PvE or just PvE then ONLY kill Leeko or w/e his name is on the stairs once you get inside that drops that Trinket as it's the ONLY thing that's pretty OP on a 99.
Indeed, my only objective was to make it to Behsten with as little xp gained as possible. Any rares out in the open I skipped. Even dying with a alt in group to kill trash for the quests that need them (i.e. the war objective, the 15 imps, etc..).

Is there a way to complete the criterias where you need to gather the mob power from elites without gaining xp from them (like being dead)? Seems like you have to be alive and have to engage them to complete the criteria. They give a ton of xp (between 3k -13k)

Is there a way to complete the criterias where you need to gather the mob power from elites without gaining xp from them (like being dead)? Seems like you have to be alive and have to engage them to complete the criteria. They give a ton of xp (between 3k -13k)
You body pull them to the NPC's and they kill them for you. This takes forever, as long as an hour or so if you're unlucky. You will hit 100% charge without gaining any XP.

You body pull them to the NPC's and they kill them for you. This takes forever, as long as an hour or so if you're unlucky. You will hit 100% charge without gaining any XP.
Do you think it's possible to do this with Crusher and Sledge (the 2 giant dudes that you fight during the Stop Gul'dan quest)? Both of them gave 8.4k xp each which would be enough to keep me 99.

Do you think it's possible to do this with Crusher and Sledge (the 2 giant dudes that you fight during the Stop Gul'dan quest)? Both of them gave 8.4k xp each which would be enough to keep me 99.
No, if you do not at least Tag them before they die you don't get credit for the Quest completion. Now, I'd bet it's possible to be dead following someone in Party so you don't get the kill XP, but haven't tried that. I killed them all 5 times it took me to get my 99 out (Horde).

You need to be alive when the mobs die for all the power-up quests (includes Crusher and Sledge, maybe you can just tag 1 of them though?). I've tried once on Alliance and I doubt it will be possible but the only things I can think of are:
- Have a friend in the group who kills all the other quest mobs whilst you're dead (already tried this)
- For the power-up mobs, tag it at low hp to get minimal xp (maybe this would be even less if in a decently sized raid group or when grouped with a much higher level DH, like level 100?)
- Avoid some exploration XP where possible (I think you can die -> corpse run -> spirit ress at another Spirit Healer)
- Find some way to force yourself into the normal phasing in Stormwind? Grouping with an unphased person doesn't work :(

Woot, was able to do it. Alliance 99 xp locked with 6,134 xp to spare.

http://imgur.com/mz2gWWz

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Shroomo/advanced

Any quest criteria that I could complete while dead (i.e. the first 15 kill quest, the war objective, some of the elites, etc..) I did and skipped that xp.

For the quests where you need to get the mob power you do have to be alive as you receive a 2s buff that draws the powers to you. However to my surprise I found out that you actually do not need to kill Crusher or Sledge. You don't even need to tag them. Simply teleport into the room and stand back/around the room and wait for someone else to kill them. As long as you're in the room you receive their power and complete the quest. This saved over 14k xp from a previous run, which was enough to keep me 99.

I also was able to skip the Vault of Ice and Vault of Mirrors discovery xp (something Aelobin eluded to) as you can be dead and have your runner in group complete the objectives there. I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 more discovery xp that could probably be skipped, maybe 2.

Overall I'm pretty stoked to have another 99 to play with now. None of the rare mobs were killed outside of Wrath-Lord Lekos but I might take a run back through for all the drops and try to pop epics on some of the particular slots.

Just to be clear Alosis, were you able to do this solo or did you have help?
Well I did it solo, but with 2 accounts. With just over 6k xp left before leveling my advice is that you absolutely have to be dead for any kill quests (like the first kill 15 demon quest) and skip that xp entirely. Normal kills can range between 200 and 500 XP, and that adds up quickly.

It's certainly a tedious process to say the least.

Also I did track all my xp gains in an excel file so I could track where I could do some xp eliminating. I can probably post it to a google doc if requested.

Last edited:
It took us a while to do. If i recall correctly we didnt get exp from some of the power bosses we were just in the area while others killed. And for the first kill 15 quest just follow the npc demon hunter around and hit the mobs hes killing when they are under 10% gives less exp than imps.

Users who are viewing this thread