PTR 8.1.5 Ramstein's and many items getting nerfed

Seems to be true for all blue quest rewards now based on wowhead ptr. They are ilvl 65 for 59s. According to wowhead there are no scaling epic quest rewards available to 59s except https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=21326/defender-of-the-timbermaw&bonus=3823 which you can see now scales to 71.

Armor and trinkets also supposedly scale now making quite a few better than various dung trinkets.

EDIT:

Logged onto the PTR, at least the items in my inventory have not been upgraded. On my 60, bladefist's breeadth should be ilvl 66 but is still ilvl 62. This may be because i got it pre-scaling.

The greens i see from new quests are showing as the correct new ilvl (60 instead of 58 for me)

EDIT2:

Was able to confirm that new quests match what you see on PTR wowhead. 65 for 59 and 66 for 60 wrt rare rewards.

QiKJmEI.png

Last edited:
Ok did a quest to confirm, any items earned after scaling will be automatically upgraded to the higher ilvl. (Do quest now, get ilvl 57/58, port to PTR, items will be 65/66)

All dungeon quests seem to be unaffected by the boost and retain their previous ilvls for rewards.

Just to point out, I copied over a toon with this trinket and it remained ilvl 58. Very old too tho, might be that.

Yeah from my testing it would have had to have completed the quest while scaling quest rewards were a thing. Otherwise it stays frozen in that ilvl.

Changes don't do that much to fury. Destiny is going to become BiS by a landslide though and naglering likely to be replaced by a versatility ring. Ramsteins still probably BiS but with a 1 minute cooldown you don't need to worry as much about swapping it out. I could see double sonic booster, double destiny becoming a thing since the procs stack afaik.

I was stubbornly holding out on dumping the money into getting destiny but looks like blizz is forcing my hand ;( I'll miss naglering as well; so many melee twinks overlook naglering. The higher ilvl quest blue quest rewards is a wash for the most part. There might be 1 or 2 minor upgrades for some specs. I'll look into it if it goes through.

Just going off of what I've heard. I don't actually know that it stacks cause I've never used 2 at once. Same goes for destiny, which I also heard stacks.

Just going off of what I've heard. I don't actually know that it stacks cause I've never used 2 at once. Same goes for destiny, which I also heard stacks.

Ive ran 2 on my rogue before never seen them stack

Good to know. Then probably won't be running 2. Either be ramsteins still for 500 every 1 minute or just take a recruit badge for stats.

I'd run Sonic Booster & Goblin Rocket Launcher

anybody know if a rogue using ironfoe in the offhand will proc combat potency (75% chance to get 10 energy on offhand hit)?

Users who are viewing this thread