50-59 Coordinator
lvl 59 version
upload_2019-1-9_21-8-38.png

upload_2019-1-9_21-9-0.png
upload_2019-1-9_21-9-48.png
upload_2019-1-9_21-10-14.png

this one does 1,1k dmg so over double compared to Ramstein's now
upload_2019-1-9_21-11-47.png

probably more items got the nerf bat, just posting the first I saw here, feel free to add your findings too. I will probably update it later if I find more relevant stuff for us.

RIP Naglering. You'll be missed.

I don't want to waste time posting unchanged stuff. So I will come back if I find some relevant changes. So also not if it is just a 5-10% number tweaking. But something that changes bis or something.

But sure I will have a look and anyone bothering to look on the ptr can do the same and post it in this thread so we have everything about 8.1.5 ptr in one place to keep it tidy :)

Just going off of Wowhead PTR numbers since I cannot login to the PTR right now (is it down??)

Coldrage dagger damage nerfed 20% (80% of previous value)
Gahz'rilla Fang damage nerfed 33% (66% of previous value)
Firebreather numbers nerfed ~30%
Skullforge Reaver damage nerfed 33%
Princess Theradras' Scepter nerfed 40%

Destiny untouched
Engineering trinks look untouched
blacksmithing weapons look untouched

I think you can generally assume any scaling dungeon weapon damage procs are going to be worse.

Any word on skullflame? I cant access PTR right now...

Any word on skullflame? I cant access PTR right now...

Just going off Wowhead the base looks to have been slightly nerfed (but who cares that was already terrible) no word on SP scaling since i can't log on.

Also looks like they are nerfing Sulthraze again o_O

Not down AFAIK. I'm logged in on the ptr right now.
[doublepost=1547068826,1547067763][/doublepost]I went to check the racials of the zandalari at lvl 59. Right now they seem completely broken but they also said the numbers aren't finished yet. Here are some of them
upload_2019-1-9_22-20-14.png

PS: posting more smaller updates in the #dungeons-and-gear channel on the 50-59 discord.

Last edited:
Princess Theradra's Scepter is doing ~72% of the damage it did before. (with 0% versa from 545 to 390). So almost 30% less rather than 40% but still quiet a bit yes. It was never bis in my opinion though, so I didn't find it too relevant.
[doublepost=1547073098,1547072691][/doublepost]

Naglering lost around 100 Damage it looks like then?
yup

Do you really want balance tho?

I do, and you?

Even though these are getting "fixed" they are still extremely strong compared to other items at the same level that proc for like 6 damage. If I can recall, wasn't naglering originally a 3 damage per hit when attacked proc or something?

Also... did no one else notice the ramsteins cooldown is 1 min now? Soooo.... that's pretty good.

Do you really want balance tho?

I wouldn't call it balance as much as making everything else stronger.

Even though these are getting "fixed" they are still extremely string compared to other items at the same level that proc for like 6 damage.

Also... did no one else notice the ramsteins cooldown is 1 min now? Soooo.... that's pretty good.

True I wish they would also buff those to useful numbers, but that they have begun to tweak low level items is a good sign. Started with one item and now a whole bunch and who knows if they continue in this speed we will have stuff fixed at low level quiet soon. it means they began to care about low level balance more than they used to it seems.

And oh yeah you are right, I didn't look on the CD. That is actually really good. It used to do 3 times the dmg at least and now it has 3 times shorter cd too, so if used on CD it actually isn't nerfed, at least in a pve perspective it maybe only got better.
[doublepost=1547111934,1547073938][/doublepost]Another very interesting find is that all quest items got about 1 more in main stat and secondary stat at lvl 59. Making already BIS items obtained from quests even stronger. So flat buff for many classes :)

all quest items got about 1 more in main stat and secondary stat at lvl 59.

Finished quests? As in already acquired? Not grandfathering the lesser items this time, I hope.

Also, did they just bump it up 1 ilvl or something? Or just randomly add to existing ilvl?

Finished quests? As in already acquired? Not grandfathering the lesser items this time, I hope.

Also, did they just bump it up 1 ilvl or something? Or just randomly add to existing ilvl?
Seems like there is no items getting gf'd.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=131524/gwenyths-wristguards&bonus=1812:3651 is ilvl 57 on live and 59 on ptr, with the added 1 mainstat.

The absorb on https://www.wowhead.com/item=40865/noise-machine has taken a slight nerf
https://www.wowhead.com/item=158203/incendiary-ammunition has taken a 25%ish dmg reduction

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread