PTR 8.1.5 Ramstein's and many items getting nerfed

Princess Theradra's Scepter is doing ~72% of the damage it did before. (with 0% versa from 545 to 390). So almost 30% less rather than 40% but still quiet a bit yes. It was never bis in my opinion though, so I didn't find it too relevant.
[doublepost=1547073098,1547072691][/doublepost]

yup

I do, and you?

Thanks for the information. Doesnt seem like it will totally kill naglering and I hope is doesnt. These type of proc weapons/armor are my favorite.

circling back to engineering trinkets, actually on the PTR to test now. Not that it is relevant but Goblin rocket launcher and GLG are both nerfed slightly. GLG does less than 100 damage, lul. Sonic booster AP buff is the same.

Baron Rivendare sword and Skullflame both still scale with SP.

Last edited:
Anyone check the legacy set bonuses that fell through the cracks? Doesn't affect 59, but it could be huge to everyone else.

Seems odd for them to scale down individual items and just ignore set bonuses that aren't supposed to work at all.

Anyone check the legacy set bonuses that fell through the cracks? Doesn't affect 59, but it could be huge to everyone else.

Seems odd for them to scale down individual items and just ignore set bonuses that aren't supposed to work at all.
The Valor set is still working and the numbers are accurate (30 armor, 20str etc). All the dungeon sets are working afik besides the shaman one - they disabled it randomly while leaving the rest lol. The set bonus buffs are not game-changing and typically a downgrade when compared to the loss of sockets, the ones that are all goofy and overtuned are disabled. I did run into a rogue with both ZG fist weapons and they're still active, which only matters to like 5 players

can you check diabolic skiver? @Samadius

Yes the diabolic skiver dmg proc is doing 66% dmg on the 8.1.5 PTR compared to Live 8.1 numbers.

Rest remains the same i.e. stats, dps etc.
[doublepost=1547166635,1547166124][/doublepost]
Yeah, was Cudgel of Naralax touched at all?

on wowhead ptr it looks unchanged, dps and attack speed etc. from what I can see. And wowhead gets their data from PTR afaik.

The Valor set is still working and the numbers are accurate (30 armor, 20str etc). All the dungeon sets are working afik besides the shaman one - they disabled it randomly while leaving the rest lol. The set bonus buffs are not game-changing and typically a downgrade when compared to the loss of sockets, the ones that are all goofy and overtuned are disabled. I did run into a rogue with both ZG fist weapons and they're still active, which only matters to like 5 players

The unattainable sets don't surprise me, it's things like the wailing caverns dungeon sets and TBC dungeon sets. Some are NOT working as intended, some aren't. While it only affects twinks, usually that's more than a reason for the fun police.

Very surprised they just ignore something so blatantly "oops" and focus only on proc items. Well... not surprised, Blizz IS awful now... but whatever they did to all the other sets in the game and forgot to do with those cant be that hard.

edit- on a side note, I have those ZG fist weapons on my 60 hunter. :rolleyes:

Just checked the desolation set, no change. Heroic gem scaling also seems untouched.

Not so for the Blade of Eternal Darkness. My 39 went from 147 damage per proc to 88. I imagine that 40% nerf holds true for 59s and 49s as well.

The unattainable sets don't surprise me, it's things like the wailing caverns dungeon sets TBC dungeon sets. Some are NOT working as intend, some aren't. While it only affects twinks, usually that's more than a reason for the fun police.

Very surprised they just ignore something so blatantly "oops" and focus only on proc items. Well... not surprised, Blizz IS awful now... but whatever they did to all the other sets in the game and forgot to do with those cant be that hard.

edit- on a side note, I have those ZG fist weapons on my 60 hunter. :rolleyes:

upload_2019-1-11_1-35-46.png
gogogo

Not looking for a fix. Just saying it's logically on the list... but logic and blizz don't often collide in the same sentence.

Set bonuses are FUN... I wish there were more at every bracket. So much fun left unchecked for so long?:eek:

They intended to disable every legacy set in the game, not surprised of the incompetence just the current focus.

I am not sure I get you right. You like set bonuses but you also want them to disable those who didn't get disabled? personally I am happy that some are still not disabled, it gives a higher variety in gearing and customization. Also not that game breaking for 59 as you will most likely sacrifice gem slots, so always a trade-off. As long the bonuses are not straight up too OP that it imbalances the balance then I'm all for it. I think they didn't disable all as their main focus was those that would be OP, especially the tier ones.

No... when did I say I wanted them disabled? I said that now is the time they should be fixing them, heads up.

A lot of the items getting nerfs on the PTR right now aren't the "OP" ones either. And the OP ones are getting more nerfs.

edit- you just almost literally repeated everything I said, how do you see it different when I said it?

That is a pretty decent buff dont you think?

Is that because it's an "ending" quest, or just because it's a blue reward? And just vanilla? Does https://www.wowhead.com/item=28041/bladefists-breadth get the same treatment?

I'm downloading the PTR now, this is too much to keep bugging you guys about. I see the cudgel stayed about the same ilvl? So not all quest rewards get a decent boost? Just the blue ones? Hopefully all of them...

Users who are viewing this thread