News 8.1.5 Patch Notes...classic-MOP items from rares can upgrade now!

Idk what to think of this upgrade proc on rare loot though. Think it will effect dungeon rares like in ZF or even the rares with BoP loot in sfk? Anyone do any farming on ptr specially for rares?

I mean.... was this a super secret troll feature or what? NO ONE noticed this? I know I didn't.

Was it even on the PTR at all? LMAO :PogChamp:

Wait...

do we know if this will retroactively affect gear thats already been acquired, like the ilvl increase is? That could be... wild.

Edit: It occurs to me that this could also end up being Not A Big Deal in lower brackets. Our epic items from things like holiday events arent any better than dungeon drops. Theyre just a different color.

I think it probably can only proc on completion.

Like every piece of gear goes up the same ilvl bump. Not every piece will upgrade.

I guess now is a better time than ever to be 6 month banned on my main acc and have a bunch of slots open for new twinks on my new acc, lmao..

Wait...

do we know if this will retroactively affect gear thats already been acquired, like the ilvl increase is? That could be... wild.

Edit: It occurs to me that this could also end up being Not A Big Deal in lower brackets. Our epic items from things like holiday events arent any better than dungeon drops. Theyre just a different color.

How would this even work? It procs on completion. There will be no retroactive procs.

Just wait for patch 10.3 where they introduce a quest line in your starting zone that doubles the upgrade chance...

:Troll::Troll::Troll::Troll::Troll:

Might just change colour and add some ilvls, it's not like a lvl 19 item will get 10 more primary stats if upgraded.

Wait...

IN this thread someone claimed that dungeon blue quest item rewards also got the ILVL bump https://xpoff.com/threads/8-1-5-dungeon-loot-item-lvl-buffed-affecting-all-levels.83025/

However it will probably not effect green quality as per the note
  • Item-levels of Rare and Epic quest rewards in Classic through Warlords of Draenor have been increased slightly in some cases.

even so you are still missing out on upgrade proc because you did it already

Wait...

This patch also reintroduces ilvl differentiation between green/blue/purp (for dung/quest gear)

Might just change colour and add some ilvls, it's not like a lvl 19 item will get 10 more primary stats if upgraded.
Never the point tho…

If.... IF this was an intentional snub to twinks, seriously - my hat is off to that guy who thunk of it. :cool:

Will be interesting to see if it's at all close to the invasion gear (especially titanforged stuff).

Sucks for old characters like mine that also got bored and did all the quests but oh well. I feel bad for the people without the invasion gear and have done lots of the quests... they're kinda screwed.

Rng fiesta inc.

From the PTR, existing dungeon drops increased to ilvl 25 at 19 while quest items did not.

For lower levels, this most notably affects physical weapons. Make a new toon, powerlevel it to your desired twinking level. Then do the quest for that one really good weapon (slow 1hers, blue gun with good stats, big 2h with tons of str) - and if you don't get it, mail heirlooms to a new toon and try again. Otherwise most of the gear (at least at 19) - isn't going to be better than existing or GFd options.

This thread is accurate, and I was able to confirm it on the PTR.

I guess technically that easily confirms no retroactivity as you would have gotten it when you copied. Logically.

From the PTR, existing dungeon drops increased to ilvl 25 at 19 while quest items did not.

Are there any blue rewards for normal quests at 19? Like the starting zones? They didn't upgrade? Later levels did, right?

Just not dungeon quests, at least originally.

Sounds like group questing parties are gonna become a thing.

Rather than obliterate BiS lists, this will probably augment them. There will be one regular BiS list, and then one list of the best stats boost quest candidates.

This is gonna drop a bomb on the 49 bracket, because 59 and above are more interested in socket gear, and 39 and below have a more limited quest range. But daggone, 49s have quests all over two daggone continents.

I’ve been holding off doing MOP quests on my 85 DK in case blizzard pulled a stunt like this in the future and it looks like it’s actually happening:0

Although, the rest of my twinks are screwed because I completed just about every quest I could on them lol

Users who are viewing this thread