PTR 8.1.5 Dungeon loot item lvl buffed. Affecting all levels.

Samadius

50-59 Coordinator
Dungeon loot ilvl gone up, blues now ilvl 65 and epics ilvl 71 for lvl 59. That means an increased 8 ilvl increase for blues 57 to 65 and 14 ilvl increase for epics 57 to 71.

This change reflects their recent change on how quest item level works which also gave blue rewards ilvl 65 and epic quest rewards ilvl 71 at lvl 59. (Green quest rewards increased by 2 from 57 to 59 is still unchanged).

world drop BoE gear, , BG crate gear and crafted gear still remains unaffected on the current 8.1.5 PTR 24/01/2019.

Edit: BoA gear increased by 3 ilvls 13/02/2019.

Dungeon BoE's seems to be affected and got ilvl boosted too!

This is the ilvl boost at lvl 59, it is also happening at other lvls. The ilvl change may differ on each level/bracket.

Overall I think it makes something rare feel more like a rare and an epic more like an epic so far since they are finally being gradually stronger. And looms now weaker even baseline stat wise than dungeon blues is cool too imo.

Last edited:
upload_2019-1-24_4-26-54.png

upload_2019-1-24_4-41-58.png

upload_2019-1-24_5-23-27.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DUNGEON BOE going up too. the fangs are both req lvl 47 and went up with 6 ilvls. The stonebark were req lvl 50 I think and went up with 7 ilvls. Both items drops in dungeons but are boe. At 59 the increase might be 7-8.
upload_2019-1-24_5-6-33.png

Last edited:
is this only happening for the 59 specifically ? will it affect the 49 or 69 ?
it is also happening at lower lvls but a little less to reflect the level.
It affects all levels.

edit- just FYI, crafted blues still remain the original ilvl. Like https://www.wowhead.com/item=12796/hammer-of-the-titans is still ilvl 58... so far.

Thank you, but I already said that in my first post.

world drop BoE gear, BoA gear, BG crate gear and crafted gear still remains unaffected on the current 8.1.5 PTR.

Unless something changes this is a nerf by omission to all heirlooms and bg crate loot. That being said, i think it is very likely that bg crate loot gets updated ilvl

Unless something changes this is a nerf by omission to all heirlooms and bg crate loot. That being said, i think it is very likely that bg crate loot gets updated ilvl

I have the same suspicion. If it follows the same pattern we could see bg crate greens go to ilvl 59 and blues to 65 too, making them more attractive. @lvl59.

which then means that likely the old old legion pre-invasion large and small crate will give good stuff ? nice i have tons of them left in many toons .. like over 150 crates in each of my low lvl toons .. been waiting for things to change before opening them up again

While I doubt they will remain ignored, it would be a perfect time to NOT buff up BoA items as well. They've always been a little "too strong" compared to other options, and their current values on the PTR could be a perfect compromise.

World drops should undoubtedly follow suit in this bracket as they already scale up below ilvl 58, it would be soooo ignorant not to.... so in true Blizz form they might not, but there's zero reason not to anymore (not that there ever was). For all (new) BoE epics from like 45-59 to have the same ilvl has always been silly. Borderline incompetent.

Crafted is iffy tho. I could see that staying put, or just getting overlooked.
[doublepost=1548331306,1548330799][/doublepost]
which then means that likely the old old legion pre-invasion large and small crate will give good stuff ?

Invasion gear hasn't changed like the other blue gear, will opening the boxes now make it "new" scaled gear that does?

Invasion gear hasn't changed like the other blue gear, will opening the boxes now make it "new" scaled gear that does?

i dont know .. but i will wait for someone to do it first and reveal the result before i open them up .. i have been opening up these crates randomly every now and then after patches and the results been always disappointing

i dont know .. but i will wait for someone to do it first and reveal the result before i open them up .. i have been opening up these crates randomly every now and then after patches and the results been always disappointing
you can just copy over your char to the ptr and open them and check? There is zero consequences of anything you do on the ptr.

Users who are viewing this thread