EU+US 70's in Shadowlands?

Do we have any information on our grandfathered enchants (head enchant, etc) in Shadowlands? Has it been removed, or are they still there?
RfraD6A.jpg

what lvl req's nifflevar being set to, and is it even hot stuff anymore in the years since i've played 70s?

Do you mean Nifflevar Bearded Axe? It's showing 27 on Beta Wowhead, but I don't have it personally so can't check my 70 on Beta for clarification. Stats look pretty meh to me tbh.

I believe that axe has the highest damage rating in the bracket other than broken Legion stuff (artifacts can be boosted to ilvl 48 with relics and the class hall vendor sells ilvl 47 greens, dungeons drop ilvl 44 stuff), which may get fixed, and the Toxidunk Dagger (which is tied at 5.0 DPS). But it's precisely 0.5 more average damage per swing than the BoAs, so not exactly amazing, but it might be useful if you have it and the Legion stuff gets the nerfbat.

Not sure how much of this has been repeated elsewhere, but a few points you all might want to know about:

1. G'eras gear I bought before importing a character to PTR is scaled higher (item level 32) than gear G'eras is selling me on the PTR (item level 28). This holds even after levelling the character to 29, so you probably want to buy any useful items G'eras has for you before the patch.
  2. Burning Crusade Heroic Dungeon gear obtained on live and imported to the PTR works, with the exception of Magisters' Terrace gear, which is "broken" (requires level 30) even if already equipped.
  3. Normal BC dungeon gear (including Magisters' Terrace gear) is item level 34 and requires level 29 ... if you're 29. Gear I obtained prior to the import was item level 32 and required level 27 (as was gear in the dungeon journal when the character was 27). This, combined with the information in #1 leads me to believe G'eras gear that is on a level 29 character will be upgraded to item level 34. The higher item level of this gear makes it better than BC heroic dungeon gear and much of the earlier raids. Probably only Sunwell and BT gear are competitive.
  4. Gear from MrT that was obtained by a higher level character (requires level 80) and passed to a level 70 character was scaled to item level 36 and requires level 30 (so, it's still useless).
  5. Levelling is stupid fast. About 5 quests in Elwynn Forest was enough to get me from 28 (minus 1 xp) to 29.
  6. Because certain gear appears to scale based on your character level and because of an issue I found with Chromie Time after changing your XP lock setting, I am planning to level all of my intended twinks to their maximum level before the patch. (See https://xpoff.com/threads/why-you-should-level-before-the-patch-chromie-time-xp-lock-issues.94233/ for details on the Chromie Time issue).

FWIW, I leveled my 70 to 80 on Live since he's really only a PvE Raid Twink anyway so setting him to 30 post-squish is my preference. Here's a list of his old 70 Gear (after Leveling to 80 then copying to Beta):

Coif of Alleria - iLvL 34 / Forest Prowler's Helm - 32
Necklace of the Deep - 31 / Sin'Dorei Pendant of Triumph - 32
Mantle of the Golden Forest - 34
(BoA Cape, I never got the SWP one to drop for him) / Tattered Cape of Antonidas (Caster) - 34
Rift Stalker Hauberk - 32 / Hauberk of the War Bringer - 32
Gronnstalker's Bracers - 33
Thalassian Ranger Gauntlets - 34
Terror Pit Girdle - 32 / Gronnstalker's Belt - 33
Starstalker Legguards - 34
Gronnstalker's Boots - 33
Angelista's Revenge - 32 / Band of the Eternal Champion - 33
Bloodstone Band - 32
Gnomish Lightning Generator - 35
Blackened Naaru Sliver - 33 / Steely Naaru Sliver - 33
Barrel-Blade Longrifle - 32 / Shivering Felspine - 33

As others have pointed out, it looks like we're going to be grinding maximum Socketed Gear within a few iLvL of max for each Twink Level 10+. Also, even the bugged Legion Gear at 44-50 in some cases doesn't beat an iLvL ~32-35 with (3) Sockets overall. And there's (3) Socketed items with a Proc that soundly beat out most 44+ items.

Last edited:
FWIW, I leveled my 70 to 80 on Live since he's really only a PvE Raid Twink anyway so setting him to 30 post-squish is my preference. Here's a list of his old 70 Gear (after Leveling to 80 then copying to Beta):

Coif of Alleria - iLvL 34 / Forest Prowler's Helm - 32
Necklace of the Deep - 31 / Sin'Dorei Pendant of Triumph - 32
Mantle of the Golden Forest - 34
(BoA Cape, I never got the SWP one to drop for him) / Tattered Cape of Antonidas (Caster) - 34
Rift Stalker Hauberk - 32 / Hauberk of the War Bringer - 32
Gronnstalker's Bracers - 33
Thalassian Ranger Gauntlets - 34
Terror Pit Girdle - 32 / Gronnstalker's Belt - 33
Starstalker Legguards - 34
Gronnstalker's Boots - 33
Angelista's Revenge - 32 / Band of the Eternal Champion - 33
Bloodstone Band - 32
Gnomish Lightning Generator - 35
Blackened Naaru Sliver - 33 / Steely Naaru Sliver - 33
Barrel-Blade Longrifle - 32 / Shivering Felspine - 33

As others have pointed out, it looks like we're going to be grinding maximum Socketed Gear within a few iLvL of max for each Twink Level 10+. Also, even the bugged Legion Gear at 44-50 in some cases doesn't beat an iLvL ~32-35 with (3) Sockets overall. And there's (3) Socketed items with a Proc that soundly beat out most 44+ items.
So t6 is now lower ilvl then even t4?

Users who are viewing this thread