70 Subtlety Rogue Guide [BfA]

Discussion in 'Level 70-79' started by Dreams, Jul 30, 2018.

Share This Page

1. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

@DexaQT
    You don't have to worry about your trinkets breaking stealth if you just put [nostealth] in the /use macro.

2. Deumadora

Deumadora Member

This is a really informative post and I reflect back to it pretty often during my gear up. Do you have any advice on UIs, weakauras, or action bars?

3. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

In terms of how your UI looks just go with whatever you like. In terms of functionality I can recommend getting a DR tracker that isn't reliant on you being inside arena. (Gladius and sArena both have dr trackers that only work in arena) Use WA or TMW for dr tracker instead.

4. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

Updated BIS weapons. Credit to @discodog

5. discodog

discodog Member

phantom assassin is gone with 8.1 now if you wanna update the pvp talent section =(

6. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

Updated for 8.1.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2018 ---
    8.1 changes that are relevant to 70 sub rogues in pvp:
    • All healthpools in the bracket have been significantly reduced (10-15%) which generally strengthens control-oriented classes like rogues and mages. It also amplifies the race imbalance, making orcs and humans even better than they were before, as your chances of surviving a rogue opener without https://www.wowhead.com/spell=20573/hardiness or https://www.wowhead.com/spell=196029/relentless are lower. Consider building more stamina than before.
    • Phantom assassin removed. If you were playing it before I recommend playing shadowy duel or smoke bomb instead.

7. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

Updated trinket section

8. villiansv

villiansv Member

For solo BG play, isn't Defending Champion or Returning Champion better than the War Horn? At 70 they give 6 less stamina (23) but a permanent 15 versa buff + their on-use 10% max hp or 10% heal, as opposed to 17 versa on a 2-min cooldown.

The Gurubashi arena one is very easy to get these days if you have a friend willing to realm hop you to RP servers - you can loot multiple trinkets on different shards from the same chest, especially at off hours. The Darkmoon Faire one is trickier - you'll actually have to bring your 120 and pvp there. I only managed 8/13 last Faire when I started trying for it.

9. OP
    Dreams

Dreams saved

Yeah I would consider returning/defending champion better for some situations, like duels and perhaps even 2v2 arena. I would still use warhorn for battlegrounds or bloodlust brooch with healer(s).
    I'll probably update the trinket section with more detail on when to use which trinkets soon.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)