60s and 69s in Wrath

I still enjoyed making 60's most, might again.
I'm feeling this too. Trying to take advantage of the 50% xp buff on BCC rn to level some stuff up, probably gunna give 39's the ol college try

I did not know there was an XP buff
they also nerfed boosting, so you've gotta level the old fashioned way
unknown.png

My level 15 paladin in stocks with my 70 warrior clearing

AV was 51-60, 61-70, and I think even 71-80 but not sure there. 80 might have been all by itself...

I had a paladin too, Prot paladin named "Prot" and used it to tank the PvE stuff since most everyone was tooling around middle ganbanging horde 5 v 1 cuz that's how alliance rolled back then. In my battlegroup, at least.

Most times horde wouldnt get 20 people to join before it was over... I still enjoyed making 60's most, might again.
av got its own 80 bracket w/ 3.3.2 (when they introduced random battleground, did away w/ marks et cetera), prior to that it was indeed 71-80, yes.

I changed the OP to exclude engineering for 60s as we don’t know what patch Wotlk will be released (said to be 3.4 I believe ). However not all things from final patch might be included in phase 1. Even without engineering, as Blackberry mentioned, 60s should be able to hold their own. I know I grabbed up a kiss of the spider and will be getting the haste CD pally scroll from BWL, basically giving me the eng haste enchant on my 60 lol. Just will have to swap to Rocket boots to get the effect of nitro enchant. Secondary stats should still be bonkers. Stam will be only concerning thing without access to sonic booster

I hope they have a 68 boost for sale like the 58 one TBC did... no way I'm gettin 2 toons to 60/70 in a month.

Never used the TBC one, might be my only shortcut left... Lazyglaive. :FrogeTorch:

edit- If they're combining queues 59 might even be a better stop.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE THAT IS

Does ctrl+F tell me if the TBC boost and Wrath boost are exclusive? Or can you do both? $80 is pretty lazy tho....

Not sure I'm that lazy. One for a 70 I can rationalize. :haHAA:

edit- ugh, I bet they jack up the price cuz 70. My investigative actions only dug up the price isnt released yet...

edit2- ooh... maybe I'll just do a DK to 70:
Yes. Sometime before Wrath of the Lich King Classic is released, the game client will be updated, and players who wish to level up a Death Knight character to level 70 will be able do so without restrictions.

It's the one character per account that gives me pause... but I certainly doubt they'd turn away the money.

I'd assume it's available for both too.

Plus I'm level 11. Why would I spend a measly $40 when I can waste hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of my time?

:SadgeW:

So.... the TBC boost is on sale (maybe already was) so for $20 you can get the level 58 boost or for $35 you can get the boost and a month game time and the other mounts and toys and shit. Needless to say, my level 12 is now 58. Booyah, WotLK, let's do it.

Last edited:
Boy, it's easy to tinfoil hat all this f2play drama into wrath launch fuckery... but seriously, cant possibly be worth the effort.

I have to feel it's all coincidence and not a moustache-twisting scheme to sell boosts and stuff. If 20 reverts right after wrath launch I'd have to speculate a little more but it's pretty nefarious and petty even for Blizz to do it all on purpose....

The boost will be to 70, not 68. That's already been stated. And yeah, I have a 68 disc priest I'm gonna twink at 69.

DK will be easiest, starting at 58. Gonna see a ton of them I'd wager.

Deathgrip ping-pong all over the map just like the first time around.... :kms:

edit- aw shit! prepatch begins next week! I am not prepared...

Last edited:
DK will be easiest, starting at 58. Gonna see a ton of them I'd wager.

Deathgrip ping-pong all over the map just like the first time around.... :kms:

edit- aw shit! prepatch begins next week! I am not prepared...

some people are saying Since the xp boost will still be active in pre patch, that you will be 60 by the time you leave starting area. So might have to wait to make 59 DKs till wrath comes out

Users who are viewing this thread