5.3 hunts are as good as in Cata as now?

What is the current state of hunters?

• As good as they were in Cata

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Between reg class and op (Borderline)

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Not op

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not cata numbers by a long shot however we are noticebly better then 5.2. It has much more of a cata atmosphere to it then last patch and things are actually dying now however healers still hold their own (just like they did in cata). It seems very bursty overall atm which is how alot of people would prefer it and hunts AREN'T the only person with high burst.

Overall if hunts were a 10 in cata and around a 7 in mop I'd give them around a 8.5 atm. Something alot of people don't/probably won't realize is that ALL of our CC pets had a CD increase so we won't be able to CC every single fight anymore.

No, they're not.

Evidence: Just won a bg v 7 hunters. In cata everything that tried to cross mid would have died instantly.

Point duly taken about hunt pet nerf

Cooldown on crowd control abilities for several Hunter pet families have changed.
  • Basilisk pet family’s Petrifying Gaze now has a cooldown of now 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Bat pet family’s Sonic Blast now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Crane pet family’s Lullaby now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Monkey pet family's Bad Manner now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Porcupine pet family’s Paralyzing Quill now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Shale Spider pet family’s Web Wrap now has a cooldown of 90 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
  • Wasp pet family's Sting now has a cooldown of 90 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
  • Worm pet family’s Burrow Attack now has cooldown of 14 seconds, down from 20 seconds.
the other thing is that they have item scaling (just like other classes) but also a significant buff
Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
but also counter balanced by a nerf that is also inportant
Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
one of the reasons i made this thread is because i havent played in about 1 1/2 months so i wanted to know what he status was, so i have NO CURRNET PERSPECTIVE
but also for the lolz
Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.

WOO

They are in a good spot now imo. Definitely not as powerful as Cata..... in Cata literally 90% of the games I played were against 5 or more (usually more) Eye patched huntards....

Do you even Cataclysm, bro?

In all seriousness, they're powerful now, but no where near as powerful as they used to be in Cata. In cata my melee would always be kited by most of the retarded hunters, but in MoP, including now, it takes a good hunter to kite me and win tbh haha.

So basically, I'd say they'd be OP as cata if a 4 year old behind the screen can kite anything.

I wish this was a public poll.. I'd really like to see who said they are just as OP as they were in cata ^-^

Probably rogues who get up your ass on bgs, sap you, backpedal 5sec to get into position for ambush, get taken out of stealth by pet and then proceed to cry about weak stealth

They are like paladins. Forever cursed to be fotm

Edit : Not hating on hunters, just saying the truth. I even considered making a hunter myself in 5.2, but its just too much work
If you say they are like paladins then you obviously have 0 idea on what the ''truth'' is.

I don't think they are forever cursed to be FOTM. I think they are forever cursed to be judged negatively by people that don't even understand it.

Do you even Cataclysm, bro?

In all seriousness, they're powerful now, but no where near as powerful as they used to be in Cata. In cata my melee would always be kited by most of the retarded hunters, but in MoP, including now, it takes a good hunter to kite me and win tbh haha.

So basically, I'd say they'd be OP as cata if a 4 year old behind the screen can kite anything.

Hunters can kite an entire team fairly easily. The reason melees felt like they got kited so badly in Cata was due to the fact that if a hunter gained control of the situation, you were dead in 2 globals.

Users who are viewing this thread