5.3 hunts are as good as in Cata as now?

What is the current state of hunters?

• As good as they were in Cata

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Between reg class and op (Borderline)

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Not op

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive tried Surv Hunter and its Beast Mode! Love it.

But still sad about intim :( , it was so disapointing when i logged and saw my intim keybind empety... but then after a couple bgs on Surv i will have to say 5.3 hunter are pretty close to cata hunters.

Lord Vital - Beastmode - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
They are getting there, but I just pick the hunter who already used his CDs to destroy that other guy, then destroy HIM

They are like paladins. Forever cursed to be fotm

Edit : Not hating on hunters, just saying the truth. I even considered making a hunter myself in 5.2, but its just too much work

So true. Everyone hates on hunters and overlooks Paladins who have blizzards favorite child for ages (at all levels). Even in Cata pallies could 1v1 hunters, the problem was mostly hunters stacking in BGs causing insane burst.

Right now I'd say hunters are the top damage-dealing class, probably dealing close to Cata levels, but healing is still vastly improved over Cata and other classes buffed too. The game is the most balanced its been in a while, which doesn't say much, but its a good start.

A few classes have been buffed damagewise, not just hunters.Healers have been nerfed even more.I hope now folks will not be bitching about healers but blame themselves if they cannot "4 man a healer".No excuses now for failing to figure out wtf is cc/teamwork.All in all, a great patch.

A few classes have been buffed damagewise, not just hunters.Healers have been nerfed even more.I hope now folks will not be bitching about healers but blame themselves if they cannot "4 man a healer".No excuses now for failing to figure out wtf is cc/teamwork.All in all, a great patch.

I'm assuming you've already logged on to test it but healers can no longer even 1v2 2 good dps which is how it should be. I have problems killing healers 1v1 which is how it should be. I have yet to see an efc live past 5 debuffs with me + some other good dps which is how it should be. I have seen I think 5 bgs in my 10 bg frame where horde had 5 healers (atleast 3 more then us) and they went down cause you can no longer just heal spam and 5v10 the whole other team which is how it should be.

As you can tell I'm pretty happy about the new playstyle and healer nerfs lol but I think hunts got an unneeded buff. The voting is kinda messed up and deserves another option. We aren't near what we were getting in cata but I would say we are now pretty OP and not really a middle ground. I'd say last patch was a good middle ground but this environment will be alot more fun for everyone even with the hunts runnin around again

I still own all hunters that I meet in my way on my priest which is how it should be.I hope you don't mind that Lil,and hunters are still op in your book even after they get raped by a puny priest :)

The single twink i ever made while i paid was a hunter at level 19. That was during Burning Crusade and i was destroying EVERYONE! The second best thing during those times were dodge stacked rogues and even they were no match for a hunter. Of course you had to have at least a little brain to kite them and mind your mana.

Nothing has really changed in the food chain, it's just that some classes have grown some teeth. Hunter is still the top dps bar none. No shadow priest, no mage and no other class can really top a hunter at this level. Whether you call it overpowered or not is a different issue.
I was in a wsg a few weeks back with my troll hunter and we had 4-5 hunters in the group. We annihilated a pretty stacked alliance team, and then someone said that hunters own pretty bad if you have more than 3 in your team.

Ranged, damage, mobility, kite-ability, survivability, crowd control. It's pretty bad and it's always been like that. Deal with it.

They've generally been a good twink class for awhile, but with the skill revamp in cata they bascially turned into gods, and then in the begining of mop they hit like a wet noodle. People are saying they're back to being OP again but i dont believe so. I didnt think warriors were very op either though. I guess im just used to burst dps the way it was in cata.

I still own all hunters that I meet in my way on my priest which is how it should be.I hope you don't mind that Lil,and hunters are still op in your book even after they get raped by a puny priest :)

I have bg'd with you since Cata. I did kill you a few times in Cata. In Mop you raped me and now lets see about that. Today I EXploaded a 1.8k priest.

I'm assuming you've already logged on to test it but healers can no longer even 1v2 2 good dps which is how it should be. I have problems killing healers 1v1 which is how it should be. I have yet to see an efc live past 5 debuffs with me + some other good dps which is how it should be. I have seen I think 5 bgs in my 10 bg frame where horde had 5 healers (atleast 3 more then us) and they went down cause you can no longer just heal spam and 5v10 the whole other team which is how it should be.

As you can tell I'm pretty happy about the new playstyle and healer nerfs lol but I think hunts got an unneeded buff. The voting is kinda messed up and deserves another option. We aren't near what we were getting in cata but I would say we are now pretty OP and not really a middle ground. I'd say last patch was a good middle ground but this environment will be alot more fun for everyone even with the hunts runnin around again

Fortunately for healers, there's a shortage of good dps around.

As for being OP, I'm going to say hunts aren't. Yeah they have a better cc arsenal than your average dps, but you still have to know what you're doing to be successful with one. Just because a very skilled hunter can do crazy things with a hunt doesn't make the whole class OP ;)

No, hunt is OP. I thought even healers weren't supposed to be 1v2ing people esp classes that offheal

Point duly taken about hunt pet nerf

Cooldown on crowd control abilities for several Hunter pet families have changed.
  • Basilisk pet family’s Petrifying Gaze now has a cooldown of now 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Bat pet family’s Sonic Blast now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Crane pet family’s Lullaby now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Monkey pet family's Bad Manner now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Porcupine pet family’s Paralyzing Quill now has a cooldown of 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
  • Shale Spider pet family’s Web Wrap now has a cooldown of 90 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
  • Wasp pet family's Sting now has a cooldown of 90 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
  • Worm pet family’s Burrow Attack now has cooldown of 14 seconds, down from 20 seconds.
the other thing is that they have item scaling (just like other classes) but also a significant buff
Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
but also counter balanced by a nerf that is also inportant
Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
one of the reasons i made this thread is because i havent played in about 1 1/2 months so i wanted to know what he status was, so i have NO CURRNET PERSPECTIVE
but also for the lolz
Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.

WOO

ya its right , my bro and oalot of others talked to blizz Leader moderator Ghostcrawler and he said that hunters will have a good damage now , but we will nerf - their pets!!!

The changes for hunters in 5.3 were; 10% increased attack power(buff), pet CC cd time doubled(nerf) and intimidation removed(nerf). I personally, would rather have more on use cc then 10% more ap. Because lv 20 hunters are getting more stm, more agi, etc because of the item scaling and healing overall has been nerfed it just makes hunters appear more op because they have always been one of the highest dps classes in this bracket. As a feral druid I am able to take down healers much better then before but it's not because of the 10% physical dmg buff feral got. Feral is still a hunter killer as it was before the patch. This patch is less about hunters becoming OP and more about healers/resilience being nerfed imo.

Users who are viewing this thread