5.2 Thread

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much shield slam hits? +150% damage and -10% from AP seems a huge amount of damage, but I have no idea how it scales/scaled with ap so can anyone give me some numbers? :) For example around how much it you hit with it before patch and after patch. Would be well appreciated, thanks in advance!

i have seen anywhere from 600-1000dmg. i have about 134str with potions..

im going to have to grind out all the resilience possible gear that should put it over the top, that and the grace of all those willing to toss a heal on a warrior from time to time ,.. my advice is to find the healer and stand behind them make a friend...

and of course re roll aerie peak..

Last edited by a moderator:
1). Stats

Hit Rating

View attachment 1523 View attachment 1524

Before everyone goes hit crazy, rememeber you are NOT a 20 trying to hit cap for a 24. You are a 24 hit capping for a 24 with 20 gear. You should be able to hit cap with Rune of Perfection alone. No need to gear hit for NE racial, it's been changed to 2% chance to dodge. 4% is enough, only exception is if you want more for your OH. Any other werid hit/misses I think we can attribute to 5.2 being incredibly buggy. At least this is how I see it.

Chardev means the following @ level 24:

Melee Hitcap => 5% (Hitraing 13)
Spell Hitcap => 4% (Hitrating 10)

Can anybody confirm this.

Cheers
Kinski

Heirloom shields? 5.3 maybe.. <.<

"Unfortunately shields didn’t make it into 5.2, this was due to a bug that was caught very late, there was no time to fix it before the launch, so we had to make the hard choice of removing them for now. They should be back on the next major patch though." Source

Spell hitcap is 16% right now (hitrating 40) This will most likely be fixed however.

I haven't seen that.
My mage hits everything if I'm over 15 hit (14 is 0.31% away, that's where i am atm) just like my warrior doesn't miss a charge because I have 17 hit.

New spellcap is 6.5% which is 15 hit - i just tested it

Edit: Of course, this only applies in BGs - PvE/Arena spellcap is still the same 12hit for lvl 20

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen that.
My mage hits everything if I'm over 15 hit (14 is 0.31% away, that's where i am atm) just like my warrior doesn't miss a charge because I have 17 hit.

That might mean its fixed then. Spell hit cap for your level has been 6% since MoP hit, that's 15 hit rating at 24. Spell hit was definitely bugged, I was missing pretty often on my boomkin with over 6% (not from BoAs) on Tuesday.

It's not like Blizzard actually listens to the bug forums.

A Blizz employee responded on the forum saying "We are currently looking into this."

I haven't seen that.

Edit: Of course, this only applies in BGs - PvE/Arena spellcap is still the same 12hit for lvl 20

I'm still seeing this :( I just tested it and Im missing with 38 hit. (it says I have 34 in the screeny but I have 38 with cloak equiped)

View attachment 1545

WTF!!!! Is this like only ele shammies or what?

Attachments

• spell hit.jpg
    spell hit.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 235
Hopefully it fixes the hit issue. My druid has 21 hit (11.37%) and was still missing. >,<

With the way it's scaling right now, we need 40 hit to be capped against 24s.

Users who are viewing this thread