40-49 q&a

Taitaih said:
I think the biggest issue with Wyvern Sting is that it breaks on damage. Your pugs will break it time and time again... and it will piss you off royally. In a custom that may be different of course.

Intimidation does not break on damage. However its CC duration is not as long, but I feel that it's usually long enough to achieve whatever you need.

I haven't had issues with Scattershot in a PuG unless a I scatter a HoF'd flag runner right outside our tunnel while another hunter goes all tunnel visioned...

what's the names of those blue boe plate leg armors for pallys and warriors?

i'm at work, so I can't get on websites catagorized as "games" lol otherwise i'd look it up on my own

Hey, was just wondering how much hit rating i should be aiming for on my enhance shaman (dual wielding) With this Flashlight coming out 24 ish Hit rating iirc, and the change to Toughness, was wondering if it would be viable to take 3 points from Dual Wield Spec. and place them elsewhere? Thanks in advance

J

I don't think I've seen anyone hit the hit cap while DWing in this bracket. Since it seems that 40 hit gives ~5%, you'd need almost 160 hit to cover the 19% DW penalty.

Shamans need to cover the hitcap for yellow, and that's about all they can do. Same with other DW classes.

Taitaih said:
I actually bought the pants (10,000g), Timbermaw Exalted wasn't too bad. I got about 3000 rep per half hour until honored... then I grinding about 300 feathers at level 45 to turn in for exalted, which including all of the quests wasn't bad at all, took about three hours until then. So honestly, if you're dedicated and don't mind doing it all in one sitting, it would take less than a day :)

Well, how did you get that trinkiet, can you give some more details please, how to farm rep? is quest not obtained at lvl 56? i have this trinkiet on my 2 chars, but i rly want it on my lvl 49 mage.

You can obtain the quest at 48 I believe (maybe even sooner I can't remember).

I started farming rep via ghost following until I hit honored. Then I came out of ghost and did as many Timbermaw quests as I could and collected feathers along the way. (around 330 feathers) Turned them all in and wala, Timbermaw Exalted.

At level 49, I'd recommend ghosting and then finding one of the named bosses to kill over and over again as a ghost. It will take a long time, but you won't get any XP.

I just look at web,and quest is obtained at lvl 56, when did you do your? maybe they change some. I think i can still loot corpse for feathers when im ghosting, just w8 for res from healer and loot corpses. Think timbermaw trinkiet is one of the best trinkiet for lvl 49. good dmg and nice heals from.

So I'm confused, can shamans benefit from the Stoneclaw Glyph at 49 now (and how much damage does it take, is it affected by talents/stats in any way)? There was some talk about it only working for rank 8, but don't know if that has been revoked?

Taitaih said:
I don't think I've seen anyone hit the hit cap while DWing in this bracket. Since it seems that 40 hit gives ~5%, you'd need almost 160 hit to cover the 19% DW penalty.

Shamans need to cover the hitcap for yellow, and that's about all they can do. Same with other DW classes.

DW penalty is 24% and that would be impossible to cover (and even if u could sacrifice everything to cap hit u'd still have dodge and parry on the table since no expertise)

aim for 5% to cap specials and then dont gear for it. if its on other gear then consider it gravy, but dont go lookin for it...and if you can put those 3pts to good use w/o dual wield spec then by all means do it. flashlight, blackstone ring and surefooted should put u just over 5%

5% hit + 19% penalty = 24% hit needed to never miss on DW :p. I probably wasn't clear on that hehe.

If you're horde you also have the benefit of the trinket.

LULIMALION said:
That'd be like having an AGM every 30 seconds...

On that note is it purgable or dispellable?

And is +40 sp a viable OH enchant for an enh shammy?

+30 int or Mongoose seems to be the options for an enhance.

I'm not sure about the Stoneclaw bubble. I'll have to look at the tooltip on my shaman.

LULIMALION said:
That'd be like having an AGM every 30 seconds...

On that note is it purgable or dispellable?

And is +40 sp a viable OH enchant for an enh shammy?

the shield absorbs 976 damage ( 244 times 4)

lasts 15sec max. pretty sure its undispellable/purgable. but not 100%

40 sp is in no way shape or form viable for enhance shammy. get mongoose or 30 int and gogo gadget rapeburst

40 sp might have been a tad bit less crazy looking back when 49 shammys could still get mental quickness. but now with no spell power, +40 isnt even going to make a noticeable addition to shock dps. it will however be noticeable when you dont have 30 int or mongoose and all ur dps goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread