4.1 Paladin Guide

Thanks for the guide.

Was wondering if foremans leggings and heavy armor kit for BOE would be worth adding

Zipdo said:
Thanks for the guide.

Was wondering if foremans leggings and heavy armor kit for BOE would be worth adding

Great thanks just added those items to the prot and ret tree.

For prot, caster mace is a suggestion if FCing.

Speaking of which, add an FC section and appropriate gear/specs.

[item]Serpentis Gloves[/item] ; [item]Serpent Gloves[/item] > [item]Gold Flecked Gloves[/item]

[item]emil's brand[/item] is a really nice non-heirloom weapon. Just noting.

notoriousthf said:
For prot, caster mace is a suggestion if FCing.

Speaking of which, add an FC section and appropriate gear/specs.

[item]Serpentis Gloves[/item] ; [item]Serpent Gloves[/item] > [item]Gold Flecked Gloves[/item]

[item]emil's brand[/item] is a really nice non-heirloom weapon. Just noting.

Ok good stuff, I will add those items you've suggested. I am currently working on an FC section but the problem is that you can either FC as Prot or FC as Holy depending on the help you have available. If you get all the gear I have listed you should be able to make a set for either Holy-FC or Prot-FC or ideally a hybrid between the two.

Bubblehax said:
Can I just ask..what is a Shockadin?

Classically it is a holy paladin whose primary role is to put out damage instead of healing through the use of holy shock and other damaging abilities like exorcism/judgments. They have a large mana pool and can easily heal themselves and their team when needed. In the 19 bracket their gear consists of mostly highspellpower and high crit gear you should aim for greater than 20% spell crit at at least 175-200 spellpower. Hope this helps

uhm..

Wrist

Hit: [Acquisition Bracers]

Crit: [Uninsured Bracers]

Armor: [Defender Bracers] of the eagle 3/3 <---- might wanna swap that to Fortified Bracers since they have 5 more armor ^^

Slippers of Unturned Loyalties you wrote (crit) there should be standing (hit)

And i dont know if im the only one who thinks this but id say add in Tarnished Raging Berserker's Helm it have much more armor then the cloth head + it have hit and the same amount of haste. Personally i would use that helm.

Please take this post as constructive as possible but from someone who has been playing the game for nearly 3 years but is new to twinking, I really dont think it is nessessary to explain the benefits of different race combinations. Great guide though.

Erícah said:
uhm..

Wrist

Hit: [Acquisition Bracers]

Crit: [Uninsured Bracers]

Armor: [Defender Bracers] of the eagle 3/3 <---- might wanna swap that to Fortified Bracers since they have 5 more armor ^^

Slippers of Unturned Loyalties you wrote (crit) there should be standing (hit)

And i dont know if im the only one who thinks this but id say add in Tarnished Raging Berserker's Helm it have much more armor then the cloth head + it have hit and the same amount of haste. Personally i would use that helm.

ok thanks, i'll make those corrections. As for the helm you mentioned I can' see where that would ever be used on a paladin. in 4.2 crits will heal for 100% more so i'd go with crit over haste any day.

Gracob, dont worry about those bagging on you, at least your trying.

I am making a ret tomorrow night as I return to Twinking, here is the link if you can fix it.

Ally, no boas, please fix if you can, ty. chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

BigWuvz said:
Gracob, dont worry about those bagging on you, at least your trying.

I am making a ret tomorrow night as I return to Twinking, here is the link if you can fix it.

Ally, no boas, please fix if you can, ty. chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

You don't need demon band so get a higher STR ring, look at the Argas rings for that slot. You also need either +4stats to chest or +9str to gloves. Since you don't have BOA you were probably right to pick up stamina in one of those slots. Also drop mining and go for herbalism Pop lifeblood (55haste)>>Hammer of justice>>exospam is one of the best finishing sequences in the game right now.

The criticism at the begining were justified because I had posted the guide without finishing it and the constructive criticism along the way is appreciated.

Grabco said:
You don't need demon band so get a higher STR ring, look at the Argas rings for that slot. You also need either +4stats to chest or +9str to gloves. Since you don't have BOA you were probably right to pick up stamina in one of those slots. Also drop mining and go for herbalism Pop lifeblood (55haste)>>Hammer of justice>>exospam is one of the best finishing sequences in the game right now.

The criticism at the begining were justified because I had posted the guide without finishing it and the constructive criticism along the way is appreciated.

I went Demon Band because the hit was just under 5%, is there a better combo I could get the hit fixed with? Wow herbalism + exo spam? guess I will have to get in and try that, i have been off a long time bro.

Also is this 2h the highest dps or is there a better non boa option? I just grabbed this because i dont think you can get Glacial anymore.

Also do I have enough int or it doesnt matter?

BigWuvz said:
I went Demon Band because the hit was just under 5%, is there a better combo I could get the hit fixed with? Wow herbalism + exo spam? guess I will have to get in and try that, i have been off a long time bro.

Also is this 2h the highest dps or is there a better non boa option? I just grabbed this because i dont think you can get Glacial anymore.

Also do I have enough int or it doesnt matter?

I like a little bit of int but it doesn't really matter for ret. You can look at [ITEM]Haunting Blade[/ITEM] which has good damage and some nice hit. The weapon you have is good enough some people save up honor on their twink and buy honor heirlooms, there is also a way to convert honor to Justice points and buy the other BOA's it just might take you a while to do that if you wanted to save for the BOA axe.

Zipdo said:
Think you should put Dividend Leggings back in to help with hit.

I would put those but there are much much better options to obtain hit cap. [item]cobrahn's grasp[/item] for instance.

Grabco - great guide - thanks for taking the time to create and post.

And - you bring up a good point about heals critting @ 100% next patch - building a max crit holy set now!

Users who are viewing this thread