4.1 Paladin Guide

wisket said:
i sport wrathful glads on my 19 twink too. i was trying to keep it a secret though...

there is a problem with the wowhead links, it's happening in the other guides as well.

Nothing has changed for paladins between 4.1 and 4.2. I might gear more crit due to the change with all healing spells critting for 2X instead of 1.5X of the normal heal. Other than that the guide is still up to date.

I think you might want to change a few things. Like for the Holy Gear Set, you only have a shield obtainable for Horde, you should put an alternative for Alliance in there, that way people (new player mostly), who want to go Alliance, have a choice since there is gear for both. A.K.A. people who dont know about WowHead. :Alliance:

Kore nametooshort said:
You happy for me to change the thread title then?

Yes please change the title to either 4.2 or make a generic title and I will state the current patch/expansion in the text.

Wootnezzy said:
I think you might want to change a few things. Like for the Holy Gear Set, you only have a shield obtainable for Horde, you should put an alternative for Alliance in there, that way people (new player mostly), who want to go Alliance, have a choice since there is gear for both. A.K.A. people who dont know about WowHead. :Alliance:

Hmm any ideas? I'll see what I can find.

why is crit stacker>intel stacker ^.^ especially when (reflecting off my crit and intel set) i dont go oom as easily as intel stack and i heal for a lot higher heals. Just curious why you dont use pure intel gear.

no need to crit for 1300 with max int gear. better to crit for 800-1000 ish more often.

Do Prot FCs still need to be hit cappeD?

you could get by with not capping because spells should be capped already in both prot and ret trees. Melee attacks will miss

notoriousthf said:
Currently have mining/engineering since I played prot, but I switched to ret for fun and want to get skinning for the crit. Which would be best to replace?

Ideally you would want to replace both and go into Herbalism and Skinning. Herbalism offers the +55 haste increase to finish off people during a HoJ stun. That is why many people spec herbalism. Herbalism also gives a small heal every 2 minutes which can crit, so sometimes it's better than the 70HP for the burst heal when needed. To answer your question you should drop mining and go skinning or herb, the dps increase from each should be comparable. Keep engineering if you want for the utility bombs/trinket etc but realize that you will have to keep the consumables stocked to make this a useful prof.

PS you probably have engineering for the goggles right? You should drop the goggles and get [ITEM]Keeshan's Bandana[/Item] which is BIS against hunters and mages due to the insane damage mitigation (~25% mitigation)

notoriousthf said:
I like the haste and all, but taking off my engineering for herbalism would remove me from having the cc control. I have engineering for the stun/lambombs. I got boa helm and keeshan's. So I guess mining would be the best choice for crit.

Yeah bombs are great and probably the most game changing just gotta keep them stocked up all the time which is a pain.

noob question - is it just me who cannot get Uninsured Bracers i have looked at wowhead and i see no quest giver for the quest that leads u to it.. i need this for my inc shock-adin

imbao said:
noob question - is it just me who cannot get Uninsured Bracers i have looked at wowhead and i see no quest giver for the quest that leads u to it.. i need this for my inc shock-adin

Been a while since i've done it but. "Take it up with Tony" Given by Warfmaster Dizzywig should get you along the right chain. You have to be Horde. With the really long quest chains these days you gotta do some digging to find what you want.

Need some advice on a dps prot. I'm at 6hit with polished helm of valor and sparkmetal, meaning I need 4 more. What I've come up with is Dual Demon Band or 1 Bravo Company Signet partnered with a Demon band. Keep in mind as dps Strength is greater then 1stam.

So is there any point at all to having 11hit? Or once you hit that 5% is every point after that a complete waste.

10hit w/ 1 Strength, or 1 Stam & 11hit?

Users who are viewing this thread