39 feels great in SL

So, anything gained by levelin my 34 to...35? 38? Or no point in NOT going all the way to 39?

35 gives access to Heroic/Mythic SoO, which gives level 44-47 loot depending on difficulty and warforged...many of these have sockets. Also gives access to draenor craftables which can be upgraded to 50.

As far as 35 vs 39, I don't see it as much different...but you can stop at 35, gear for SoO and then play with xp on for a bit and see if you like the bracket before stopping at 39.

The ilvl 44, level 39 requiring TBC gear is better than SoO most of the time due to the disproportionate stamina weights from that expansion.

Thx, mk. I'll plan on moving up.

Different char: level 39, mail-wearer, engineer
LF Mail helm with meta-socket. Trying to use wowhead, but I may not be using it right. When I restrict mail helms to "Has socket" I get 484 results, but the highest is typically ilvl 42...which I already have. (I did NOT filter to char level). Seems that inside SoO you can get some mythic versions to drop ilvl 45.
Am I using wowhead wrong? Surely there are meta-gem helms with ilvl>45.

Anyone have any recommendations? I saw one listed drop from Throne of Thunder, but that looked like a lot of work. PvP helms didn't look any better.

Thx, Glorifyd. Unfortunately, with meta-gem sockets, the best eng helms that I can find are
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=127120/deadly-retinal-armor
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=81715/specialized-bio-optic-killshades#taught-by-npc
The cogwheels can add a lot.

The best PvP helm is:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=102690/prideful-gladiators-chain-helm
These are comparable to the old Pandaria stuff I have, plus right now this char is wearing a ilvl 48 green with socket. 35 on the primary stat, + 2 socket.
Looks like the SoO Mythic is the only stuff that can beat these...if it warforged.

Resurrecting my old 99 DH and finding she has damn nice gear on her, was highest iLvL you could get at 99 back in Legion. From reading this Thread it looks like it's WoD (3) Crafted, which she has, plus some mix of SoO Mythic (WF) and TBC Dungeon Socketed Gear and possibly an Eng item here or there (for Cogs). Does that about sum it up?

Also what are your all thoughts on Socketed SoO Mythic Weapons over Artys? Her Artys are iLvL 52 atm and I can push that to 53 with another Green BoE Relic. From my eye it doesn't seem worth it.

Resurrecting my old 99 DH and finding she has damn nice gear on her, was highest iLvL you could get at 99 back in Legion. From reading this Thread it looks like it's WoD (3) Crafted, which she has, plus some mix of SoO Mythic (WF) and TBC Dungeon Socketed Gear and possibly an Eng item here or there (for Cogs). Does that about sum it up?

Also what are your all thoughts on Socketed SoO Mythic Weapons over Artys? Her Artys are iLvL 52 atm and I can push that to 53 with another Green BoE Relic. From my eye it doesn't seem worth it.
WoD crafted gear isn’t even that good IMO, some of the trinkets are decent but other than that I wouldn’t recommend the armors necks or rings. SoO mythic gear is ur BiS or the lvl 39 green BoEs with sockets and speed(or maybe leech depending on what you want). Ghost Iron Dragonling is a very nice trinket as it can have 48 total secondary stats if you want. Helmets from engineering are really good too 8 main stat 15 Stam and a meta socket and 2 cogwheels. Artifact is probably on par with mythic SoO items so it’s up for debate honestly. Also don’t forget some items off AH are pretty solid as there are some weapons that have insanely good procs, one of them being https://www.wowhead.com/item=31318/singing-crystal-axe?bonus=6661
Giving a huge haste bonus and for like fury warriors and such using 2x these can get you like 50%+ haste and some gross shit like that. Also there are items like https://www.wowhead.com/item=71992/bracers-of-destructive-strength?bonus=6883
Which with 2x 5/6 gems in it could potentially be better than socketed leech/speed bracers aswell

Overall there’s a ton of gear variety in this bracket and a lot of grinding curious to see what you’ll do with your DH :)

Here’s my guy and he’s not even 39 yet, will start running heroic shattered halls and do mythic SoO again next week and level to 39 tomorrow and such but yea not a terrible start for 1 day progress
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/skywall/nelvideath

Last edited:
I think the point of the crafted was the secondary stats, I'm guessing you're giving up quite a bit there for 2-3 mainstat?

Each piece? That was the issue back when it was 99 and comparing legion/WoD/SoO. I'm not too deep into this bracket, what are the 5/6 gems, TBC heroics? And we're feeling solid they arent getting nerfed like everything else?

I'd personally attribute "BiS" to items that arent glitched compared to other similar items, at least to start. Then go all in.

edit- here's one of my old 99, not at all "BiS"... https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/uldum/nôk

Like i look at your neck for example, and i see with a 5/6 gem you'll get 10-12-5-3 and i look at mine having 7-11-9-9 and that's just a normal epic proc from WoD. I wouldn't argue yours is "BiS" but even with the 5/6 glitch gem it's still debatable how much better it is at all. It's not a great example because 3 extra main is pretty nice, but just an example anyway.

Last edited:
I think the point of the crafted was the secondary stats, I'm guessing you're giving up quite a bit there for 2-3 mainstat?

Each piece? That was the issue back when it was 99 and comparing legion/WoD/SoO. I'm not too deep into this bracket, what are the 5/6 gems, TBC heroics? And we're feeling solid they arent getting nerfed like everything else?

I'd personally attribute "BiS" to items that arent glitched compared to other similar items, at least to start. Then go all in.

edit- here's one of my old 99, not at all "BiS"... https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/uldum/nôk

Like i look at your neck for example, and i see with a 5/6 gem you'll get 10-12-5-3 and i look at mine having 7-11-9-9 and that's just a normal epic proc from WoD. I wouldn't argue yours is "BiS" but even with the 5/6 glitch gem it's still debatable how much better it is at all. It's not a great example because 3 extra main is pretty nice, but just an example anyway.
oh my character is nowhere near done lol I’m just linking cause it has some SoO gear and some crafted stuff
[doublepost=1607752298,1607752213][/doublepost]

For example BiS neck and rings are 100% legion BoEs as the amount of secondaries from them are actually insane, I have some for when I hit 39 and they will be what I use

I was talking generalization, not your toon as a whole. Things have changed but it was the same debate back in legion, SoO gave a few more main at the sacrifice of secondary. Some items were clearly superior but mostly it was preference.

Mine is just how he was before the recent changes, I'm sure he has "better" gear in the bank for the current expansion.

And again, are we sure those gems are sticking around? It's a pretty good investment for something on the chopping block.

I was talking generalization, not your toon as a whole. Things have changed but it was the same debate back in legion, SoO gave a few more main at the sacrifice of secondary. Some items were clearly superior but mostly it was preference.

Mine is just how he was before the recent changes, I'm sure he has "better" gear in the bank for the current expansion.

And again, are we sure those gems are sticking around? It's a pretty good investment for something on the chopping block.
I mean I don’t see why they’d nerf them as they aren’t too broken for the long grind and most people don’t even have them. They aren’t good at endgame and plus they aren’t even a difficult grind just a long one but it’s one dungeon per day. Not too bad and I won’t regret it if they nerf them.
[doublepost=1607752950,1607752789][/doublepost]Also the reason I say the ilvl 50 crafted stuff from WoD isn’t good is because it’s literally the same stat layout as lvl 39 ilvl 48 BoEs except the BoEs can have sockets and tertiary while the WoD crafted can not, therefore even if they do nerf the 5/6 gems the Legion BoEs will still be much better than WoD crafted, hence why I stated if you’re gonna use them use the trinkets cause some of them are actually pretty solid

Fair enough. Can we solo TBC heroics at 39? I'm out of the loop and it's such a long flight... ;)

edit- and are we looking at level 45 to farm 39 BoE? That's an easy number, i got like 15 of them LOL... :rolleyes:

Fair enough. Can we solo TBC heroics at 39? I'm out of the loop and it's such a long flight... ;)

edit- and are we looking at level 45 to farm 39 BoE? That's an easy number, i got like 15 of them LOL... :rolleyes:
Yea you can solo heroics at 39 and yep 45 is the magic number, my 45 twink is on connected realm with my 39 so I’ll be farming BoEs soon if you’re US you can add me if you’d like Shinyhero#11637

If i get into it i'll let you know, and hopefully I'll find a GF level 1 armor for you too. ;)

Just hopped on that 39 and an FYI incendiary does work at level 39, even tho it requires 45 to apply. Probably common knowledge but it doesnt work for a lot of lower levels on BoA weapons. Glitched ranged BoE with incendiary might be BiS...

I dont know the levels of BoE weapons, just saying it's pretty nice. Was hitting for like 860 or so i think?

I'm curious about TBC Normal Dungeon drops at 39. Multiple Sockets and an iLvL (if on Chromie Time) comparable to anything else you'll get at 39.

EDIT: I say that because I have a 49 that hasn't touched SL yet and has multiple TBC Dungeon items and that Shammy's DPS is close to on par with my 49 Boomy which has an iLvL of like 89.

I'm curious about TBC Normal Dungeon drops at 39. Multiple Sockets and an iLvL (if on Chromie Time) comparable to anything else you'll get at 39.

EDIT: I say that because I have a 49 that hasn't touched SL yet and has multiple TBC Dungeon items and that Shammy's DPS is close to on par with my 49 Boomy which has an iLvL of like 89.
Theyre ilvl 45 at 39 and most provide more of main stat than SoO items do but as I stated before in 45s thread they don’t have as much variability in secondary stats as most have either crit haste or versa(as mastery didn’t exist in TBC) and a lot of classes need mastery. BUT if you get BoEs with full stat mastery and then you run TBC gear it actually could work quite nicely. Will do some more extensive testing for you tomorrow and will get back with some more helpful info :)

The secondaries arent really stacking too well this expansion, that hunter was a vers/mastery and I think he's got like 12% now. I dont recall what it was then but 12% feels kinda like I'd rather stack main. How he has 20% crit i got no clue.

@ShinyHero Well, for Veng DH Mastery is lowest priority, even what Tanking because it only effect Demon Spikes which you can't keep up 100% anyway. Also, at iLvL 45, you can use the +7 Gems from Legion and (1) +6 Main Stat. It'll take some serious doing to figure out the true BiS for each Class and I only have the 1 LvL 39 anyway so time will tell.

The secondaries arent really stacking too well this expansion, that hunter was a vers/mastery and I think he's got like 12% now. I dont recall what it was then but 12% feels kinda like I'd rather stack main. How he has 20% crit i got no clue.
Hunters naturally start with a high crit % from what I recall I believe they start normally with like 12% or something like that
[doublepost=1607755987,1607755935][/doublepost]
@ShinyHero Well, for Veng DH Mastery is lowest priority, even what Tanking because it only effect Demon Spikes which you can't keep up 100% anyway. Also, at iLvL 45, you can use the +7 Gems from Legion and (1) +6 Main Stat. It'll take some serious doing to figure out the true BiS for each Class and I only have the 1 LvL 39 anyway so time will tell.
Ill do some research for veng DH and I’ll get you a list within the next week of what gears and such could be good for you

Not going thru trinkets and shit tho cause I don’t wanna kill my self :)

Also @Warglave the secondaries at 39 can actually be insane depending on items proccing and such, also I’ve seen people have like 12% vers 70% mastery 20% haste and shit at lvl 39 with no procs just gotta gear up correctly and you can have some good stats

@ShinyHero I still have Stats like that after the squish and without obtaining anything new outside of Belt Buckle and changed a few Gems to 2/2 from the 3 Secondary they were before. I didn't waste resources on the Legion Epic Gems since I figured I'd changing Gear up anyway.
LvL 39 DH Stats after squish.jpg

yeahhhh... my mastery is 12. :oops:

I have it in almost every slot, pretty sure for MM it's just not a big-number stat. @Merlin will argue otherwise tho. ;)

edit- it's super-important and gives big numbers, but never getting to crazy stacks for sure. Without procs.

Also, farming for BoE at level 45 is a new thing for me... are there places in like Argus we can farm better? Or still the normal spots? (i can clear the murlocs in Val'shara in like 2 swaths, getting even more downtime than usual now)

Users who are viewing this thread