39 feels great in SL

Solanar

Grandfathered
So far it feels like a combination of what the 60 bracket was pre-SL in both legion and BFA (4 talents and 2 PvP talents) mixed with some higher-level abilities due to the azerite traits.

I honestly think this is the bracket to play for actual twink v twink competition. I know there were some threads prior discussing this, and I am sure the 19s/29s will be popular due to F2P and whatnot, but, this bracket really IMO is the sweetspot for abilities / gear without too much insanity of maxlevel as well as not lacking major class feeling.

So, come one come all to 39. I really think it's good.

Well, you know I’ll be playing this bracket but I agree. Very fluid, most classes have most of their abilities, and you have access to the 5/5 gems (Assuming heroic dungeons don’t get fixed). Makes for some crazy combinations and burst. I know I’ve already got you on btag but I’m doing 4-6 SoO runs a week trying to gear out my 39s and my friend’s 39s. Anyone who wants to come or wants to add me is welcome to!

Got a character link? Would like to see what all I’m working with here as I have a level 99 that is now 39

Click on my toons that say "85 Druid, Pal, and Shaman" I'm gearing those one's out for SL
[doublepost=1603072728,1603072496][/doublepost]And, to add to that. Those characters are not finished. Each have 4-5 more pieces from SoO that they need as well as other various things that I have yet to experiment with :). Being that it's so early on in the expansion, people are finding new stuff every day! So experiment away

Got a character link? Would like to see what all I’m working with here as I have a level 99 that is now 39

Dont know if you remember us on the forums discussing grinding out our 99s gear to get grandfathered enchants... and then blizz kicked us out of regular BGs that very next patch that GF them. Dont even know if the enchants are still GF or not, lol - but i think the gear is about the same. SoO was marginally worse/better than the best WoD dungeon gear and legion end-zone items. At least it looks it browsing thru his bank quick:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/uldum/nôk

edit- the leech and speed warforge are pretty negligible now so SoO is "easier" gearing for sure.

So far it feels like a combination of what the 60 bracket was pre-SL in both legion and BFA (4 talents and 2 PvP talents) mixed with some higher-level abilities due to the azerite traits.

I honestly think this is the bracket to play for actual twink v twink competition. I know there were some threads prior discussing this, and I am sure the 19s/29s will be popular due to F2P and whatnot, but, this bracket really IMO is the sweetspot for abilities / gear without too much insanity of maxlevel as well as not lacking major class feeling.

So im not really in the twinking scene, more just looking into it currently to see if I'd be interested. From what I've seen the XP OFF/ON queues arent merged. So whats the merit of playing in any bracket other than 20 on a f2p account? Is there going to be a planned change to fix queues for xp off in the 39 bracket?

Okay well even though this shit is RIP/DEAD because of blizz making the neck require level 40 - if they eventually change their tune and scale the HoA neck and let level 10s-50s use it (as would make sense) then this bracket could be great again.

:/

So, 39s occupy an interesting space right now.

You have SoO gear, TBC socket gear, Legion/SoO weapons, and I tend to find that the pandaria/legion dungeon neck/rings to be superior to what anywhere else has to offer.

Trinkets can be pulled from all over the place. For example, Normal Version Solace of the Defeated from ToC gives 9 int and 29 versatility when stacked, and a healer can keep it stacked basically always.

I mostly like to gear my characters in each bracket and level them from ending in 5 to the next bracket in PVP after gearing them and find that this bracket actually hits the sweetspot overall in terms of combinations of gearing options/flexibility, survivability, and melee not feeling terrible relatively speaking as a result. Currently, I have some former twinks who landed at 30, who I pushed to 35 and am in the process of fully gearing. My resto druid should be able to land around 200 mastery and haste with 100 vers still, which feels nice. Since they are only 35, I've been using pandaria heroic dungeons to get ilvl 42 neck/rings because they drop 2 out of 5 items that are tradeable, so it has been fast.

One thing that did disappoint me about the bracket is the epic legion 7 secondary stat gems get scaled to 4 of a stat instead. If that had worked, it would be really incredible. Has anyone on 39 itself tested them? I've only tested at 35.

As is, though, at least you have access to the pandaria expansion blue gems which have a much wider variety and can combine mastery.

The hardest thing for me is trying to decide what weapon enchant to use. It has been use elemental force/satyr for the longest time, but this might be the bracket where I diverge into something like coastal surge to weapon.

Overall, I really like this bracket.

I've actually been playing my 39 in spite of the azerite trait loss. had a few skirms here and there - even heard a bg happened. imo let's keep it goin

correct me if i am wrong .. i think lvl39s or a couple of lvls lower than 39 are lvls without any gf'ed .. every BIS gears are now obtainable in this bracket .. also +16 artifact weapon relic becomes usable at lvl39

correct me if i am wrong .. i think lvl39s or a couple of lvls lower than 39 are lvls without any gf'ed .. every BIS gears are now obtainable in this bracket .. also +16 artifact weapon relic becomes usable at lvl39

I am not exactly sure what you mean by the first part but 39s are fun and yes +16 relics (mainly from the AH or drops for a higher-level toon) can be used at 39

@Solanar UR SIG WILL B YUMMY !

I am not exactly sure what you mean by the first part but 39s are fun and yes +16 relics (mainly from the AH or drops for a higher-level toon) can be used at 39
:D I meant in this bracket, the BIS are all currently available, unlike some other brackets there are gf'ed items that were no longer available

Yeah, the BiS items are all available.

I find that the SoO items are nice, but the overstatted list of TBC blues are better. As long as you chromie time, they will scale up to your character in runthroughs.

I made a list of what I consider to be the "overstatted" pieces from TBC that have potential use. Most of them are heavy sockets, but some are not...the ones that aren't have just so much secondary stat that the sockets can't compare. Oracle Belt of Timeless Mystery is a good example.

Cloth gets the worst deal out of it overall. Even at level 35(and ilvl 40), the really good TBC blues are better than SoO mythic warforged items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZRTKe3ylgk3tTWqtGyejoPNInlCj06-kHFfe0/pubhtml

Users who are viewing this thread