29's US let's get prepped

Actually, they are argueing. I am merely suggesting to people that they prepare for the expansion of the bracket. Now, if they choose not to do that, well, that is their own business.
All I know for sure, is that I am preparing for the expansion of the bracket with the knowledge that has been fed to me through various sources. If this changes, and it will, I will dynamically change the architecture of my plans. Just like I/we have done in the past.

The entire game is always in flux. That what makes it fun. It is subject to change every week.

/facepalm.

Blizzard does not make major changes except for when a new expansion is coming out. You know, the kind of changes where they completely revamp a class, re-tune the damage/healing numbers for all levels, introduce new loot tables to old dungeons, ect. You made this thread based on the idea that Blizzard might be merging pvp brackets in 6.0, which would mean 20-29 would become a bracket like it used to be. If this change happens, it could possibly mean that 29s might be getting games again, based on the activity of 20-24s who get pops 24/7.

The part you don't seem to understand is that this change is not set in stone. You're asking people to prepare for something that might not happen. More importantly, you're asking people to make preparations with zero information to go on. This is a twinking bracket. Twinks typically prepare by getting the best gear available (usually stuff that's about to be grandfathered) and the best enchants available (again, stuff that's about to be grandfathered). Because there is no PTR up yet with 6.0 changes, we literally have no idea what's going to be BiS or what's going to be grandfathered (or not). Telling people to prepare is like asking them to pack the right clothes for a surprise vacation where they don't know the destination.

We literally have to wait until there's a 6.0 PTR (moths away still) before we can begin to prepare for 6.0. You can dust your twinks off right now and update them with current drops/enchants, but you can't be certain things won't change as soon as a PTR goes up. Should people really invest a bunch of time between now and then, 'planning' for 6.0? Or should they just wait until there's a PTR up so they can be more informed about what's going on?

I am merely suggesting to people that they prepare for the expansion of the bracket. Now, if they choose not to do that, well, that is their own business.
All I know for sure, is that I am preparing for the expansion of the bracket with the knowledge that has been fed to me through various sources. If this changes, and it will, I will dynamically change the architecture of my plans. Just like I/we have done in the past.

You're not doing anything that has never been done before. We've literally spent months before each expansion making posts about new changes to make sure everyone is prepared for the new expansion. I'm just trying to tell you (for the 6th or 7th time now, not sure at this point, your ineptitude has caused me to lose count), that you're jumping the gun and it isn't helpful to anyone. In fact, this thread is redundant, since there's already another thread going about prepping for WoD.

I encourage any Mods reading this thread to close/delete it to prevent anyone from coming to it and becoming dumber after having read it.

No use in quoting you it make the post too long.
Are you always this aggressive? Perhaps this is why 29's are dead. You ran everyone off. After all, you do claim to be the " leader" of the bracket.
Alpha PTR is up, has been up.
Prepping does not mean getting grandfathered gear, see my other post. In some sense it does but not entirely.
I never stated that I was treading new ground.
There is no use for for personal insults, a true "leader" would not do that, would they?
Have a wonderful day.
/cheers

Alpha PTR is up, has been up.

Alpha is not the PTR. You do realize there are two separate clients for testing, right? The one that's available right now is for testing WoD content, you know, quests, dungeons, raids, and it's only available to a small group of people, mostly Blizzard employees, popular streamers, and Wow related press. It isn't a Public Test Realm (which is what PTR stands for).

Later on down the road, after alpha gets closer to release (when they've ironed out most of the bugs and gotten things into a much better development state), they will put up a separate game client on the public test realm. This client will be the pre patch that comes out a month or so before the expansion actually releases. It will have an expansion relevant event that leads up to the release of the game, as well as all the non WoD content changes they've decided to push to live servers. Players will be capped @ 90 and will be unable to participate in any WoD specific content that's available on the Beta servers (because Blizzard keeps PTRs and Alpha/Beta clients separate).

The point you repeatedly fail to understand is that right now is when everything is the most subject to change. They go through lots of internal builds, testing and iterating changes long before they ever make it to a PTR. The alpha/beta for an expansion is where Blizzard decides whether or not proposed changes you see in the patch notes will ever make it to live. In the past, they've axed major features (dance studio, aerial combat, path of the titans, various raids/dungeons, ect), delayed minor features (Skirmishes, player housing, ect), and completely changed things from their original announcements.

WE WILL NOT START TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT 6.0 IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE UNTIL THE 6.0 PTR COMES OUT. IT IS NOT OUT YET, THEREFORE WE DON'T KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING TO LOOK IN 6.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
The part you don't seem to understand is that this change is not set in stone. You're asking people to prepare for something that might not happen. More importantly, you're asking people to make preparations with zero information to go on. This is a twinking bracket. Twinks typically prepare by getting the best gear available (usually stuff that's about to be grandfathered) and the best enchants available (again, stuff that's about to be grandfathered). Because there is no PTR up yet with 6.0 changes, we literally have no idea what's going to be BiS or what's going to be grandfathered (or not). Telling people to prepare is like asking them to pack the right clothes for a surprise vacation where they don't know the destination.

A valiant effort. I wouldn't bother, this guy doesn't seem to be comprehending.

Even if 29s were making a comeback, I don't think i would want to play. Willix kind of make my ******* reading his posts. Holy shit this is not your bracket? Let him try and recruit, and maybe some good will come out of it?

Whats the worst thing that could happen? It doesn't work and you and your 5 friends can go back to ******* with each other and being the "leaders" of the bracket.

Even if 29s were making a comeback, I don't think i would want to play. Willix kind of make my ******* reading his posts. Holy shit this is not your bracket? Let him try and recruit, and maybe some good will come out of it?

Whats the worst thing that could happen? It doesn't work and you and your 5 friends can go back to ******* with each other and being the "leaders" of the bracket.

He doesn't want people to be recruited on falsed promises.

He doesn't want people to be recruited on falsed promises.

He's not really promising anything, He's hoping more than anything. He is trying to do something for the dead pathetic community, and everyone bashing him and people that claim to love the bracket are trying to push it away? If you don't like the idea, keep it to yourself. It's more than anyone has tried to do in the past 6 months.

He's not really promising anything, He's hoping more than anything. He is trying to do something for the dead pathetic community, and everyone bashing him and people that claim to love the bracket are trying to push it away? If you don't like the idea, keep it to yourself. It's more than anyone has tried to do in the past 6 months.

He is and if people don't like it, they aren't allowed to say so? Maybe it's something that shouldn't be done for another 6 months.

He is and if people don't like it, they aren't allowed to say so? Maybe it's something that shouldn't be done for another 6 months.

Sure it's a little early, but if he can't speculate, neither can you? Neither of you are for sure what is happening within the next 6 months. Even if he is wrong, he could have just built a small 29 community, where BGs pop. It isn't guranteed, and is a long shot. But you shouldn't derail him for a not half bad idea, and actually trying to contribute unlike anyone else.

Sure it's a little early, but if he can't speculate, neither can you? Neither of you are for sure what is happening within the next 6 months. Even if he is wrong, he could have just built a small 29 community, where BGs pop. It isn't guranteed, and is a long shot. But you shouldn't derail him for a not half bad idea, and actually trying to contribute unlike anyone else.

A centralized server is a terrible idea and that's how this all started.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

A centralized server is a terrible idea and that's how this all started.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I do agree that a centralized server is pointless, considering btags, crossrealm bgs and whatnot, it's not worth it. But getting a community started, I mean come on, at least let the guy try lol.

But he isn't here for 29 vs 29 he's here to recruit people for 29 vs F2P, if that doesn't happend he's not sticking around. He is recruiting people based on an unconfirmed possibility. I am not derailing him, I am questioning him, you sound just like him though, any negativity is a troll or a name caller.

Don't let forum talk take away from what's actually happening in-game. I think small people talk about people, big people talk about ideas. Ideas have been made in game and I've reached out. During the end of last expansion we hit a hard time in 29s, especially after 5.0 came out. But, I kept at it. I decided to take the expression 'knock on doors' literally. I went to old realms, old guilds, and visited an old era of players I wasn't familiar with. After trying to time travel and attempting to have veterans merge with the new blood, I realized, these people have moved on. I received countless Battletag requests and in-game mail responses all thanking me for the time and effort I was putting in but times have changed and people tend to not look back. So I hit the drawing board again and after talking with Morten and Nirise, they gave me insight how to be realistic with my expectations and take it as a sign to go above and beyond. I guess, what I asked myself at this point was, why am I waiting? This is something that requires constant push and aggressiveness. If you let things linger, people won't be around long. So, back in October of last year, we started 5v5 WSG Wargames. They were all with close friends but we were grateful to have them happen. Then, I talked with Nastay and said, let's start something, just to see what happens. Soon, we had a Sunday Wargame night and the turn out was great. Lots of old faces and new. But guess what? It faded off, people were only here for the peak then when it fizzled out, they cleared. It's pretty common and I realize that. 29s comes in waves, for reasons even I will never understand. Looking back at it, we didn't do anything wrong. Personalities clash, people hated the mid fight, real life, melee vs caster. Just normal bracket trouble. So, at this point, whenever I see positivity I think it's grand. Just let it be known, the realism often makes me hesitant to help new people. I can't tell you how many people I've helped gear just to see their 29 rot on an armory and soon I'm removed from Battletag. It's nobody's fault, I can't blame them. 29 arenas can only go so far for certain people. I guess you could say I've lost some of my 'get up and go', I was ready to get up and change the 29 community come last year. Now, I realize, timing is everything and I just don't feel like this is the right time.

So, before you jump down Willy's throat for being negative, take a moment and realize we've been down this road before and if anyone understands Allybeboba, trust me, it's us. In the meanwhile, I say go for it. Prep for WoD with your enchant scrolls and a leg armor kits. Get those Glowing Magical Bracelets and Enduring Caps! Just think about this for a moment, real change comes from real power. Positivity and a Twinkinfo post are a great start, but the follow-up is the most important.

Umpteenth, you describe our community has dead and pathetic but I think the word that comes to mind is resilient. This small corner of people we have playing arenas isn't much, but it's people who will be playing 29s til this game ends, no matter what life throws at them and I think that's deserve much more than being called pathetic.

In the meantime, I'll playing my 29 arenas and queuing 19s in the evenings to get by until WoD comes. WoD is already running our 29 name through some murky water but it's all about how you look at it. I know my guild is already looking to premade come WoD against Tapout's guild. Makes me quite excited for the near future and the possibilities.

I hope you see where we are coming from now Allybeboba and I do hope you can get a crew of 29s together and maybe both of our communities can meet before WoD and get a early taste of something new. Until then, I wish you all the best. You have my support, I'll just have to watch from afar on this one. If you ever want to play arenas with us, you know where to find me.

-Luplis

Don't let forum talk take away from what's actually happening in-game. I think small people talk about people, big people talk about ideas. Ideas have been made in game and I've reached out. During the end of last expansion we hit a hard time in 29s, especially after 5.0 came out. But, I kept at it. I decided to take the expression 'knock on doors' literally. I went to old realms, old guilds, and visited an old era of players I wasn't familiar with. After trying to time travel and attempting to have veterans merge with the new blood, I realized, these people have moved on. I received countless Battletag requests and in-game mail responses all thanking me for the time and effort I was putting in but times have changed and people tend to not look back. So I hit the drawing board again and after talking with Morten and Nirise, they gave me insight how to be realistic with my expectations and take it as a sign to go above and beyond. I guess, what I asked myself at this point was, why am I waiting? This is something that requires constant push and aggressiveness. If you let things linger, people won't be around long. So, back in October of last year, we started 5v5 WSG Wargames. They were all with close friends but we were grateful to have them happen. Then, I talked with Nastay and said, let's start something, just to see what happens. Soon, we had a Sunday Wargame night and the turn out was great. Lots of old faces and new. But guess what? It faded off, people were only here for the peak then when it fizzled out, they cleared. It's pretty common and I realize that. 29s comes in waves, for reasons even I will never understand. Looking back at it, we didn't do anything wrong. Personalities clash, people hated the mid fight, real life, melee vs caster. Just normal bracket trouble. So, at this point, whenever I see positivity I think it's grand. Just let it be known, the realism often makes me hesitant to help new people. I can't tell you how many people I've helped gear just to see their 29 rot on an armory and soon I'm removed from Battletag. It's nobody's fault, I can't blame them. 29 arenas can only go so far for certain people. I guess you could say I've lost some of my 'get up and go', I was ready to get up and change the 29 community come last year. Now, I realize, timing is everything and I just don't feel like this is the right time.

So, before you jump down Willy's throat for being negative, take a moment and realize we've been down this road before and if anyone understands Allybeboba, trust me, it's us. In the meanwhile, I say go for it. Prep for WoD with your enchant scrolls and a leg armor kits. Get those Glowing Magical Bracelets and Enduring Caps! Just think about this for a moment, real change comes from real power. Positivity and a Twinkinfo post are a great start, but the follow-up is the most important.

Umpteenth, you describe our community has dead and pathetic but I think the word that comes to mind is resilient. This small corner of people we have playing arenas isn't much, but it's people who will be playing 29s til this game ends, no matter what life throws at them and I think that's deserve much more than being called pathetic.

In the meantime, I'll playing my 29 arenas and queuing 19s in the evenings to get by until WoD comes. WoD is already running our 29 name through some murky water but it's all about how you look at it. I know my guild is already looking to premade come WoD against Tapout's guild. Makes me quite excited for the near future and the possibilities.

I hope you see where we are coming from now Allybeboba and I do hope you can get a crew of 29s together and maybe both of our communities can meet before WoD and get a early taste of something new. Until then, I wish you all the best. You have my support, I'll just have to watch from afar on this one. If you ever want to play arenas with us, you know where to find me.

-Luplis

I'm not calling your bracket dead and pathetic. I'm talking about the whole community as itself. Twinkinfo, WoW.

Users who are viewing this thread