29 Armory Vault

Dog Whistle was nerfed heavily at some point in Cata AND MoP. The hound used to be level 34 (impossible to hit), with as much HP as a player, and hit for 300-500. Now it has about 1.2k HP, scales down to level 29, and only hits for about 70 dmg. It's a great trinket because you can summon the dog then swap trinkets without it disappearing, and the dog is annoying to stealthies, but it's not really an unstoppable force anymore.

Deadman's Hand shares DR with fears, stuns, and silences. Sure, it procs from any attack done to you, but if you've just fear/stunned/silenced someone, the duration of the freeze when it procs will be halved. There's a point where DMH procs and has no effect because of DR. It's shiny purple and has a cool proc, but it's much less useful than you might think.

The hound still scales with HP, and it's gamebreaking vs any stealth comp.

The hound still scales with HP, and it's gamebreaking vs any stealth comp.

Yeah, that was the nerf in MoP. It didn't used to scale, it had the stats of a level 35 mob, meaning it was hitting like a level 35 mob and was impossible to hit for a level 29. Getting hit for 500s on a dog you can't kill made it OP as hell.

Now it just hits for 70s and is easy as hell to kill.

40 yard range isn't really affected by being rooted in place for 4 seconds.
Yeah that is about the level of stupidity I would expect from a guy who thinks maintaining an awareness of whats going on all around him is impossible and/or would require some massive multi-monitor set up.

On skillbreaker, It had damage last I checked just a bit short of the two handed boa axe for a 29 It was is and will be broke as fuck. Sure that white damage isn't a HUGE OMFG DANGEROUS number, but it DOES increase the DPS putting more pressure on healers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franchii said:
Yeah that is about the level of stupidity I would expect from a guy who thinks maintaining an awareness of whats going on all around him is impossible and/or would require some massive multi-monitor set up.

You logged in just to post this?

40 yard range isn't really affected by being rooted in place for 4 seconds.

was posted in response to this

DMH would be best vs hunts i suppose.

But whatever makes you feel relevant/useful Franchi.

Franchii said:
On skillbreaker, It had damage last I checked just a bit short of the two handed boa axe for a 29 It was is and will be broke as fuck. Sure that white damage isn't a HUGE OMFG DANGEROUS number, but it DOES increase the DPS putting more pressure on healers.

Maybe you should log in and play the game before you start talking about shit you don't understand.

Right now agi/str makes up most of your ability damage. The point I made earlier is that a difference of 19 weapon damage isn't really noticeable, let alone game breaking.

Also, kind of hard to 'put more pressure on healers' when things are so bursty players spend a lot of time either at full health or dead. You can't really quantify the difference between BoAs and Skullbreaker when using either one means you're going to two shot someone (depending on class, of course).

Lastly, in 6.0, weapon damage itself will be reduced by a significant amount. According to Wowhead Skullbreaker is going to have a damage range of 28-54, instead of 52-99 (numbers might not be final, but this offers some indication of things being significantly nerfed).

At that time though, stonefist girdle was only a 6str/5sta belt, the ab belt was always better, so if you had chosen the belt, it would have been the wrong choice, at the time.
Stonefist Girdle - Items - Wrath of the Lich King Database
Highlander's Lamellar Girdle - Items - Wrath of the Lich King Database

The mara quest that gave the shield of maraudon didnt exist until 2011, so marbled buckler was the go-to choice for shields @ 29 for a while.
Wrong choice for a dps warrior right choice for a FC. That belt had more than twice the armor it should have had and vile protector can take BC chants, sure you lost 5 stam in the exchange but back in the day when a buffed prot warrior was rocking out 5-6k hp depending on buffs in a bracket dominated by rogues and huntards the armor was the only sane choice. A choice that was rewarded with the Mara shield, and a stat boost to the belt tho I always missed the armor my belt used to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread