29 Armory Vault

I would not sweat it. There is very very little grandfathered gear since 5.4 that will be deal breakers. Maybe DMH. and the helm enchants.

Sweetsydney

Those two are marginal at best. And only Deadman's Hand proc is any good. Scaling and glyphs will probably be the real story. We really will not know until the beta or prepatch drops. But this is not thread to discuss that.

Those two are marginal at best. And only Deadman's Hand proc is any good. Scaling and glyphs will probably be the real story. We really will not know until the beta or prepatch drops. But this is not thread to discuss that.

SB is not marginal. It was close to being BiS in the 39 bracket.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

SB is not marginal. It was close to being BiS in the 39 bracket.

Do know what it's final stats will be in WoD? Do you know how it will compare to other items when they scale in the bracket come WoD? As I said in my previous post, we will not know for sure until the beta or the prepatch exactly how things will be.
Have a wonderful day.

Sweetsydney

Do know what it's final stats will be in WoD? Do you know how it will compare to other items when they scale in the bracket come WoD? As I said in my previous post, we will not know for sure until the beta or the prepatch exactly how things will be.
Have a wonderful day.

Sweetsydney

How can you call it marginal than? How can you say GF gear will not be a big deal? Contradicting yourself a little don't you think?

Have a wonderful day.

Because they are marginal compared to 5.4 enchants. The only thing that is not is deadmans Hands proc., and that is why shamans and Druids wear a chest piece with a similar proc in the 39 bracket.
My days are always wonderful. Thank you for the kind sentiment.

Because they are marginal compared to 5.4 enchants. The only thing that is not is deadmans Hands proc., and that is why shamans and Druids wear a chest piece with a similar proc in the 39 bracket.
My days are always wonderful. Thank you for the kind sentiment.

See, now you say enchants. It wasn't Mongoose that made it so OP previously (although it helped) ,it was the top end damage and dps that makes it leaps and bounds above anything.

Also the proc between DMH and Green Whelp Armor is a shitty comparison.

Will you guys stop? Mongoose procs give any rogue/monk/shaman a huge boost in throughout. Weapon damage isn't nearly as important because abilities have base damage/healing at the moment. Using Ambush as an example, when you factor in resilience, the difference between Skullbreaker and BoA mace/sword ends up being 33 damage on each attack, which is not significant when you're getting hit for 1500+ in one shot. Mongoose/dancing steel have a far bigger impact than having Skullbreaker, especially now that any weapon can be enchanted with them.

The same goes for Nailspitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you call it marginal than? How can you say GF gear will not be a big deal? Contradicting yourself a little don't you think?

Have a wonderful day.

Because he has no GF'ed gear so he must say the grapes are not tasty cuz he can't touch them ;)

PS: Wait for WoD to come and we will see exactly how things are.

Pot meet kettle

When did I ever try to scare people out of playing 29s in WoD? Most of my recent posts have touched on the fact that we can't really know how everything is going to end up at this point in time, anything else I could say at this point would be speculation. Right now you're arguing with someone about how much of an impact Skullbreaker and Nailspitter will have in 6.0 and you're basing your information on 4.0 changes.

Right now, the difference between a BoA weapon and Skullbreaker is 17 top end damage. That difference only accounts for 16.83% of Skullbreakers total damage per swing. Abilities don't just go by the topend damage of a weapon. Instead, they are based on the total damage displayed on your character sheet (weapon damage + attack power). The average 29 rogue has about 600 attack power, which effectively doubles the damage on their weapon. That 17% difference between SB and a BoA becomes much smaller, only accounting for about a 10% of the actual weapon damage attacks are based on. When you add in procs from Mongoose/Dancing Steel (double Mongoose = 480 AP, double Dancing Steel = 248 AP), the difference between them becomes even smaller.

You can't honestly sit here and tell people they will be outmatched simply because they don't have SB/NS.

When did I ever try to scare people out of playing 29s in WoD? Most of my recent posts have touched on the fact that we can't really know how everything is going to end up at this point in time, anything else I could say at this point would be speculation. Right now you're arguing with someone about how much of an impact Skullbreaker and Nailspitter will have in 6.0 and you're basing your information on 4.0 changes.

Right now, the difference between a BoA weapon and Skullbreaker is 17 top end damage. That difference only accounts for 16.83% of Skullbreakers total damage per swing. Abilities don't just go by the topend damage of a weapon. Instead, they are based on the total damage displayed on your character sheet (weapon damage + attack power). The average 29 rogue has about 600 attack power, which effectively doubles the damage on their weapon. That 17% difference between SB and a BoA becomes much smaller, only accounting for about a 10% of the actual weapon damage attacks are based on. When you add in procs from Mongoose/Dancing Steel (double Mongoose = 480 AP, double Dancing Steel = 248 AP), the difference between them becomes even smaller.

You can't honestly sit here and tell people they will be outmatched simply because they don't have SB/NS.

BiS is BiS.

BiS is BiS. You as well as I know, that I mentioned nothing about you discouraging hopeful 29s. 39s on the other hand. Pot meet kettle

GF BiS =/= available BiS. Telling people they better not play because they have no GF gear doesn't help anyone.

Dog Whistle and Deadman's Hand are pretty gamebreaking I'd say, no currrent BiS gear can match those.

Dog Whistle was nerfed heavily at some point in Cata AND MoP. The hound used to be level 34 (impossible to hit), with as much HP as a player, and hit for 300-500. Now it has about 1.2k HP, scales down to level 29, and only hits for about 70 dmg. It's a great trinket because you can summon the dog then swap trinkets without it disappearing, and the dog is annoying to stealthies, but it's not really an unstoppable force anymore.

Deadman's Hand shares DR with fears, stuns, and silences. Sure, it procs from any attack done to you, but if you've just fear/stunned/silenced someone, the duration of the freeze when it procs will be halved. There's a point where DMH procs and has no effect because of DR. It's shiny purple and has a cool proc, but it's much less useful than you might think.

40 yard range isn't really affected by being rooted in place for 4 seconds.

Since alot of these items are GF'd... Anybody willing to make a Current BiS list WITHOUT GF'd Items?

If you want a list for a specific class, let me know which one. It's a lot easier to come up with a list for one class/spec than it is to come up with 10.

WW monk [H]
Zzem

*Edit*
Accidentally dinged to 30 during CtA

New one is here:

Destruction Warlock
Siestö

Users who are viewing this thread