24 Twink Gear Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratos

Xarbage
24 Twink Gear Guides
OUT OF DATE FOR PATCH 5.0.4:
Will be updating soon

Finally been able to start editing the guide again, been having a very busy pass couple of weeks so maintaining it hasn't been a big concern. I have, however, been able to make some needed changes.
To start with, all the guides are now chardev's, as wowhead has some issues keeping it's website up.
Secondly, the faction specific gear has been removed, as I didn't feel it really fell into this guide was for.
Lastly, the hit section has been slightly altered so more people can find every item possible with hit on it to make reaching hit cap more flexible.

Hit Cap for a level 24 Twink:

How much Hit do I need?

At level 24, for casters to be hit capped against other 24 twinks, you'll need to have at least 4% Spell hit, which can be acquired from 10 hit rating. As for melee, you'll need 5% hit chance for ranged and melee, which will be 15 hit rating.

Why do I need to be hit capped?

In pvp, specifically lower level pvp, the correct use of a spell or ability can be game changing. A well placed thunderstorm can be the difference between a repick or a return, a gouge can decide if the healer can heal the efc back to full health. If you're not hit capped when you enter a BG, you're risking the game every time you cast something. A lot of people like to think, "If it's say just a 2% chance of me missing, why bother?" You can think that all you like, until you miss and you realize had that hit, we could have won that match.

Where can I get hit rating?

There are many different options of meeting hit cap for a level 24, here are the lists of items with hit cap available to a level 24.

Weapons
Cloth Armor
Leather Armor
Mail Armor
Necklace/Ring
Cloaks/Offhands/Shields

Gear Sets for Different Class's and Specs:
-A point of interest, all of these sets are open to be challenged, if you don't agree with a set, or think something should be changed, let me know and we can discuss it so I can change it accordingly. This being set, these threads are made in the state of mind for 5v5's and 10v10's respectively, as such the gear sets listed might differ from what someone might want to use in a pug.

Shaman:

Resto Shaman - Ideal races, Troll/Dwarf/Dranei

Enhance Shaman
- Ideal races, Troll/Dwarf/Dranei

Elemental Shaman
- Ideal races, Troll/Dwarf/Dranei

Hunter:

Survival Hunter
- Ideal races, Human/Blood Elf

Mage:

Arcane Mage - Ideal races, Human/Blood Elf

Priest:

Discipline Priest - Ideal races, Human/Blood Elf

Warrior:

Protection Warrior - Ideal Races, Human/Goblin

Paladin:

Holy Paladin - Ideal races, Human/ Blood Elf

Retribution Paladin Ideal races, Human/ Blood Elf

Druid:

Restoration FC Druid - Ideal races, Worgen/Tauren

Balance Druid - Ideal races, Worgen/Troll

Feral DPS Druid - Ideal race, Worgen/Troll/Tauren

Rogue:

Subtlety Rogue - Ideal races, Human/Blood Elf

Warlock:

Affliction Warlock - Ideal races, Human/ Blood Elf

If there are any other specs people are interested in having a profile made up of, or would like to know substitutions for some of the harder to get items, please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this gets pinned!

is the hit cap not to miss at a lvl 24 5%?

Technically with 0 hit, you have a 4% chance to miss, so for the 4% you would need only 12hit rating, but I was accounting for nightelves with the 2% extra chance of missing, you would want to aim for 6%, which is 18 hit rating.

EDIT sorry forgot to account for melee, which is 5%, but again with the 2% you would need more.

Ok firstly, with the Holy Priest stacking crit its that much of a priority. You still need hit. A good priest will DPS and be a total support class as well as healing. Hit is very important as you dont want your Chastice missing etc. Also supressor's wand is BiS for both specs because it has 2stam 2int and 2hit. Although Firebelcher has 3 of the stats, the hit is still better. When I play priest I like to be a completely solo element to the team. Killing enemies with ease and healing allys just as well it very important. As a priest you have to be ready for anything. E.g. You are on your mount and heading towards your friend who is getting ganked by 2 rogues and a hunter. He dies before you bubble him and the enemies turn to you. Your chastise misses and your fear is resisted. Then what happens? You have to be able to do both awesome DPS and heals.

Ok firstly, with the Holy Priest stacking crit its that much of a priority. You still need hit. A good priest will DPS and be a total support class as well as healing. Hit is very important as you dont want your Chastice missing etc. Also supressor's wand is BiS for both specs because it has 2stam 2int and 2hit. Although Firebelcher has 3 of the stats, the hit is still better. When I play priest I like to be a completely solo element to the team. Killing enemies with ease and healing allys just as well it very important. As a priest you have to be ready for anything. E.g. You are on your mount and heading towards your friend who is getting ganked by 2 rogues and a hunter. He dies before you bubble him and the enemies turn to you. Your chastise misses and your fear is resisted. Then what happens? You have to be able to do both awesome DPS and heals.

The only reason I didn't put hit, is because most people throw a fit when you have to try and convince them to get it. I 100% agree all healers should be hit capped, but I figured I'd post this set first, and one with hit cap in a few days. Hit cap would probably come from, and boots with surefoot and GSOJ, at which point supressors would be over doing the hit cap, so firebelcher would still be better. Also it's fine to play as a solo element, but these sets were made up in a situation where you would be in a premade, not solo. Like the hunter set I made, I would never use that in a 1v1 cause you're sacrificing to much stam for other stats, but when you have a team with you it's not an issue. Honestly if you're alone in a premade with no support, either your FC just died or you're doing something wrong. Overall though I completely agree that hit cap should be met on a healer, and plan on doing so over the next week =) And with a holy priest, there is no reason for them not to be stacking crit. You go holy healing wise for the increased Flash Heals and renew ticks, both of which rely heavily on crit to work out. If you're not getting consistent 1k+ crit with your Flash heal, you're gonna oom quite fast. I disagree about the awesome dps for a holy priest though specifically. If you need to do awesome dps cause you're solo queing and you don't want to rely on your team then disc is your best built, holy isn't built for dps like disc is. I think I covered everything there falling asleep at my keyboard so might be a little hard to follow xD

I see what your going for with prot pally but i disagree with the cloak your losing 7 stam str dodge and hit for 2 more resist. greatly disagree with that

I see what your going for with prot pally but i disagree with the cloak your losing 7 stam str dodge and hit for 2 more resist. greatly disagree with that

That's one of the things I plan to mention in the description
<
The cloaks I feel really depend on where you are on the field, and what kind of O the other team is running.

Your also sacrificing alot of str/stam for hit when you can use a elixir for hit btw. and why boa cloak for prot warrior and not pally? seems like you threw this together a lil half fast imo

Your also sacrificing alot of str/stam for hit when you can use a elixir for hit btw. and why boa cloak for prot warrior and not pally? seems like you threw this together a lil half fast imo

Elixir wouldn't (Most likely) be allowed in a premade though.

in most cases no but even without elixir with kings you will be at 3% hit and you arent far off from cap 1 piece you could get away with but sacrificing all that stam and str is sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread