20's Wargames

I was playing in WoW's first year, I just happened to grow up alot sooner than you, and I treated it as a bit of fun on a empty Friday night rather than a way of life.
I'm sorry for you if you think growing up means paying blizzard for unfinished expansions

I'm sorry you think "growing up" involves abandoning hobbies you enjoy. Sounds like a miserable life but to each their own I guess.
Well Chops, I remember you personally getting joy when the higher brackets got separated, so to see it come full circle is karma imo.

SD arms is pretty much just a coinflip, its not particularly fun to play into or play with. You just swing till you get a proc and then your opponent dies. Makes 2s a matter of proc rate. We've done just fine not playing SD warriors in 2s this whole xpac.
Fair enough.

Well Chops, I remember you personally getting joy when the higher brackets got separated, so to see it come full circle is karma imo.
Im of the opinion that this is a good change. Both selfishly and also if I step back from my personal interests and look at the game as a whole. I've stated as much quite a few times by this point, so I'm unsure what "karma" you think I'm suffering.

I'm sorry you think "growing up" involves abandoning hobbies you enjoy. Sounds like a miserable life

yeah seriously wth lol since when did growing up mean abandoning things you like? I am still doing the things I enjoyed as a kid like camping, hiking, art, making terrariums and playing wow. Why would I give those up for no reason?

At this point, its a bit more important that we be proactive about the community we want than worry about hurting hunters feefees
Honestly you guys should of thought about that before degeneracy became acceptable in the community.

Twinking is now full of trash players farming levelers who cant defend themselves into oblivion in the gy.

Ive even seen at least one name here that seems to be some pillar of the community now that I know back in the day we made fun of and went out of our way to force them to afk out because they were lowbie farming gimps.

Im happy with the change. Levelers didnt deserve to be stuck with 20s. Now 20s can get farmed by retailers.

Whats funny is the advantage retail 29s will have over 20s will still be a lot less than 20s had over most retail levelers and you guys are crying about it.

Honestly you guys should of thought about that before degeneracy became acceptable in the community.
Its always been a thing though? Like, there arent halcyon days of honorable twinking that got left behind. Its always been a combination of degenerates and weirdos.

20s got flooded with refugees from a huge variety of brackets after 8.1.5 and now a lot of those folks are leaving for 29s or grabbing their old 27s. Which kinda gives 20s a chance to reset and establishing that we'd like to play wargames arenas is good, actually. That we'd like to do so without hunters/SD/Viking helm/etc is just keeping with the gentlemans agreements that have been in existence for a couple years now.

I'm kinda flummoxed why this seemingly bothers people so much. Literally nothing has changed.

Its always been a thing though? Like, there arent halcyon days of honorable twinking that got left behind. Its always been a combination of degenerates and weirdos.

20s got flooded with refugees from a huge variety of brackets after 8.1.5 and now a lot of those folks are leaving for 29s or grabbing their old 27s. Which kinda gives 20s a chance to reset and establishing that we'd like to play wargames arenas is good, actually. That we'd like to do so without hunters/SD/Viking helm/etc is just keeping with the gentlemans agreements that have been in existence for a couple years now.

I'm kinda flummoxed why this seemingly bothers people so much. Literally nothing has changed.

Didnt you admit you never twinked in BC and WotLK?

So you wouldnt know.

No. In BC and WotLK (at least in Retaliation) it wasnt degeneracy. We policed our own. We made fun of the losers who came in to farm lowbies and would pick on them till they afkd.

We mostly ignored levelers and were competitive among twinks. Sure, lowbie farming would happen but as a community we shunned it.

How can you be flummoxed why the change is bothering anyone yet be on retail forums begging the devs to revert it? And seem to be somehow saying reverting it would be a favor to the levelers lmao.

Unless this is a different Chops.....https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/w...-with-the-20-29-xp-disabled-bracket/1308519/3

huh? Are you confusing me with someone else? I imagine thats likely, as you seem to have a bone to pick with things I've never really said.
maybe. I could of swore we were talking about jumps in WSG the other day and you said you didnt twink until cata. guess someone else then.
[doublepost=1661108155,1661107915][/doublepost]*edit oh I see. you said you never played 19s until classic.

Im not sure how the other twink brackets were back in BC and WotLK. I barely played anything outside of 19s. 19s was the biggest community and yes we mostly policed our own and made fun of people that seem to plague 20s now.

How can you be flummoxed why the change is bothering anyone yet be on retail forums begging the devs to revert it?
Nope thats me. My initial impulse was that this was a hamfisted attempt by Blizzard to fix a problem and there were more appropriate and better ways to fix it. I also though it was more important to lend support to a twinkers thread than really worry about the retail forums understanding my position too much. Solidarity and all that.

But thats not what I was talking about here, as you well know. Unless you just really have a hard time understanding what people are saying. This is a thread about 20s wargames and people being upset with 20s wargames limitations and me not understanding why they are upset with those limitations as theyre the same ones we've had for a long while now.

*edit oh I see. you said you never played 19s until classic.
yea, i gathered thats probably what you meant. I've had twinks since vanilla (though "twink" is a pretty loose term for the worst geared 29 rogue you've ever seen)

yea, i gathered thats probably what you meant. I've had twinks since vanilla (though "twink" is a pretty loose term for the worst geared 29 rogue you've ever seen)
I dont know how the other brackets were. I had one 39 in wotlk but barley played it.

But in retaliation 19s where I played a lot during BC/WotLK, we did police it to a degree. People gy farming we made fun of and we would farm them if on opposite faction until they afkd. Also people abusing obvious broken mechanics like entis were made fun of.

In 20s gy farming seems to be the goal and people were queueing up broken crusaders chants w/o shame.

In 20s gy farming seems to be the goal and people were queueing up broken crusaders chants w/o shame.
I suppose. random BGs became a bit of meme in SL so I didnt play many of them.

But what you're seeing here is much the same thing you're talking about doing in early twinking. No hunters, no obviously broken gear/mechanics. Police the scene a bit to get the sort of desired experience we're looking for. Except instead of making fun of people, we just dont invite them to the party in the first place.

So... here's where I re-express my confusion about why this upsets you

The worst of all the other brackets, to clarify. Everyone who wanted levelers over competition, so.... it is what it is.

People started playing this bracket because you could play for free... not to mention the handicaps removed in SL. (100 max on a vanilla prof) you know a +1 wep chant. I'm sorry but you seem like you really don't know anything.

Users who are viewing this thread