20s Guide Index and FAQ - Read Before Posting New Threads

I heard about all the cross-realm changes. That's interesting, though. A lot of the fun in f2p was the community aspect. Would you have any server suggestions for Horde at all? Cuz I'm blank.

Does 1 faction win more often? Cuz I'd prefer contributing to the losing side. Great to hear warriors are doing well!

And thanks for the heads up about banked xp. I'll probably start off with a f2p and just roll a new Vet char if I ever get sub again.

Theres a few servers with alot of people, how many use the f2p there idk, so not sure how much youre gonna get out of them if you go f2p there.

Not really, both sides can face russian groups which are incredibly that rarely have more than 1 leveler that are gonna even out the % quite abit no matter the faction

The 25 char can equip ilvl 33 greens, but what level char can farm the ilvl33 greens, thx

Possibly useful information for gearing (didn't think it was worth it's own thread however).
So we all know that the WoD BoP Rares can get epic upgrades but they are MOSTLY useless at a +1ilvl, taking them to ilvl 26 (I say mostly useless because effect numbers and weapon damage do scale up) for instance a 1 Hander that has 3.5dps will scale to 3.7dps (I can't quote any specifics but you might get slightly more on a 2H weapon).
Of course planning gear from a random upgrade proc that you only get one shot at per character presents challenges.
So I did some testing, and this is what I have found:

First I built a Level 1 Dwarven Bunker (have not tested without a bunker, may not be required but I have one).
Complete quests and kill mobs that reward or drop items that are eligible for upgrades, every time you get a reward or drop that does not receive an upgrade, imagine that is giving you 1 stack of an invisible upgrade buff. If an item does get upgraded reset your stacks back to zero, if a follower procs an upgrade also reset your stacks back to zero (followers seem to be able to proc the upgrade but not add stacks). If you can reach 6 stacks, in my testing so far (it has worked four times for me) the next quest reward or drop that can upgrade, WILL.

Have not tested too extensively but I suspect this will be unique to WoD stuff and perhaps other expacs have their own internal mechanisms. Hope it works for you guys as I understand it is a bit of a time investment to set up, good luck.

New guy here (shoutout to CigNus' youtube channel for bringing me here)
Ok so I have a few questions since I am planning on paying a one time sub and continuing as a F2P Vet
Since F2Ps have a gold cap, what would happen to my gold on my lvl 20 character that exceeds that amount once my sub runs out?
Once my sub runs out will I be able to group up with people without LFD queue?
Can I send mail between my characters on my account after my sub ends?
And is there a list of guilds and realms for the 20 twink community?

Since F2Ps have a gold cap, what would happen to my gold on my lvl 20 character that exceeds that amount once my sub runs out?
You keep it but will not be able to earn more. The most annoying part of this is that it prevents you from clearing your bags of vendor trash by selling it, youll have to manually delete everything. Otherwise, no biggie.
Once my sub runs out will I be able to group up with people without LFD queue?
Can I send mail between my characters on my account after my sub ends?
yes, they invite you. you cant invite them. and no. These are basic starter account restrictions that youll be subject to.
And is there a list of guilds and realms for the 20 twink community?
not really but Kel'Thuzad, Blackwing Lair and Bleeding Hollow are the main hubs and the most populated is BH by a mile.

Also what's the state of flying mounts?
Is there any way to get flying on my lvl 20 with the one month sub I'm gonna use?

With the ghost iron dragonling trinket if I drop engineering will it unequip the item? Since the cogs need Cata 75 engineering to equip it? I presume it won't but I don't want to drop engineering for alchemy then realize that I cannot use it anymore lol.

I cant thank Andre and all the contributors enough for all this work, these guides, this site as a whole has helped me tons since I started twinking a few months ago.

One thing that I've been wondering is, can we learn mounts and pets that require lvl 23 or 27 in bgs, the same way we can do with toys?

Users who are viewing this thread