20s Guide Index and FAQ - Read Before Posting New Threads

yes. there are no restrictions on professions anymore. There's the odd recipe here and there that requires higher level to learn but for the most part, you can make just about anything. Just requires some profession juggling.

Okay thanks :)

Small update,got the flask:) Now my question is,should i keep the nech with 20+ vers or is the one from northrend more worth it?+8 int or plus 20 versatility is the question.

Small update,got the flask:) Now my question is,should i keep the nech with 20+ vers or is the one from northrend more worth it?+8 int or plus 20 versatility is the question.
generally speaking, in terms of output, the "bar napkin" math is that 2 vers = 1 main stat. Thats not perfectly accurate of course (and the relative value of vers increases the more main stat you have) but it gives you a ballpark to look at pieces of gear and decide their relative worth pretty quickly and simply.

In general, I'd advise trying to hit certain benchmarks in your stats rather than agonizing over each piece of gear. In other words, no piece of gear exists in a vacuum. If you're hurting for vers (would be odd for a caster, given 2int/2vers gems) then the neck is more valuable. If you arent hurting for vers, maybe the socket neck from Northrend is more valuable.

Besides, its not like theyre mutually exclusive. Get both, try them both, see which you prefer.

generally speaking, in terms of output, the "bar napkin" math is that 2 vers = 1 main stat. Thats not perfectly accurate of course (and the relative value of vers increases the more main stat you have) but it gives you a ballpark to look at pieces of gear and decide their relative worth pretty quickly and simply.

In general, I'd advise trying to hit certain benchmarks in your stats rather than agonizing over each piece of gear. In other words, no piece of gear exists in a vacuum. If you're hurting for vers (would be odd for a caster, given 2int/2vers gems) then the neck is more valuable. If you arent hurting for vers, maybe the socket neck from Northrend is more valuable.

Besides, its not like theyre mutually exclusive. Get both, try them both, see which you prefer.

Im currently sitting at 250 int and 15-16 % verse in bgs.Without the verse of the neck i would be at around 11-12%.Given that should i increase the int or go for the verse one?

What is the best way for a get without sub to get +2 main +2 second gems?From what I can tell,i should go for alchemy with mining to get the components for the game and then switch to JC and make the gems then.And btw i read somewhere that you can make one gem each day,is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread