20s Guide Index and FAQ - Read Before Posting New Threads

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Chops, Jan 5, 2021.

Share This Page

1. MagicalMe

MagicalMe Member

I promise I read that and just forgot. :D All the guides are getting jumbled together in my tiny brain.

From a new player perspective, the distinction between “starter” F2P accounts and “linked” F2P accounts is not obvious and is muddled by “F2P” standing for starter, linked, and even vet accounts. Chromie Time or a lack thereof, which is a definitive distinction between types of FTPs, has a profound effect on the free to play experience. Hence, it would be groovy if the explanations of and distinctions between the different types of F2P accounts were made apparent in the OP, for beginners like me.

IMO, the different types of F2Ps deserve their own spoiler and should not only be alluded to under the “Chromie Time” spoiler. Instead, under the “Account” section, there should be a spoiler titled something like “WHAT DOES “F2P” MEAN?” that contains something like:

“F2P” or "FTP" each stand for “free to play”.
    There are 3 types of F2P accounts, which are starter, linked, and veteran. The differences of which are yadda yadda yadda.
    Chromie Time is yadda, yadda, yadda.
    Starter accounts can’t access Chromie Time. Ever. Which means yadda yadda yadda.
    Linked accounts and veteran accounts can access Chromie Time only if the Battlenet account has a character that’s level 50 or higher.

This is me trying to helpful. :D

2. Vandiir

Vandiir Legend

On the topic of Chromie time for newer players, I'll quietly emphasize this final quote under General Gameplay in Chops' OP:
    Some examples of dungeons that 20s can't queue for, but can manually enter [and get drops from]:
    -The other half of Stratholme [entered through another, smaller side entrance] (which can drop the purple Rivendare sword),
    -Shattered Halls (which for mail classes can drop Gauntlets of Desolation), and
    -Shadow Labyrinth [which has a quest which awards a bracer with a socket].
    Among other examples of such dungeons.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Noted.

4. Crystalpall

Crystalpall the F2P PvEr

still waiting for some euro F2P nerds to teach me how to get started on achievements

• Like Like x 1
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
  5. Conzil

Conzil Grandfathered

Didn’t even know you still played lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crystalpall

Crystalpall the F2P PvEr

I don't, I just rarely visit xpoff for the nostalgia. I'm very happy F2P is in a good spot, it's just a shame that current wow isn't what I look for in games at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

I'm pretty sure that's all of us on this Site man. I play WoW exclusively for low Level Twinking and nothing else.

8. faded67

faded67 Grandfathered

Hey all! Can someone confirm if I could turn XP off on my lev 20 twinks, resub the account in order to use the AH and trade, then turn XP back on AFTER the sub expires? Does allow me to queue the XPOn 20-29 bracket?

Someone had told me that even though you may be able to turn on XP after the sub expires, that you would need a GM to do something in order to put you back into the XPOn 20-29 bracket, and that its no guarantee they would do it. His point was that your toons needed to be XPOn before the sub expires.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Vets dont bank XP, so you can turn your XP back on right before the sub expires and be fine

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns Coordinator Arena Ladder Coordinator

11. Philb3y

Philb3y New Member

• Like Like x 1