20 Twink Solo Warlock Classic Dungeonmaster Completed!

@Zorch Hey bro, of course. Yes there are tons of dungeons that are easily soloable. I farmed some of them solo just to get gear for my classic run lol :p.
[doublepost=1613345235,1613345172][/doublepost]Oh also @Zorch how is your soloing going? I saw you put a thread up in another post about difficulties with it.

@Zorch Hey bro, of course. Yes there are tons of dungeons that are easily soloable. I farmed some of them solo just to get gear for my classic run lol :p.
[doublepost=1613345235,1613345172][/doublepost]Oh also @Zorch how is your soloing going? I saw you put a thread up in another post about difficulties with it.
Honestly, I haven’t tried any more than that one time with a pretty much freshly dinged 20 Pally and it was ugly, lol.

I just resubbed, so I’m debating between making a Warlock (because of your guide) or a Hunter... I want to stick to one class and use this character for both PvP and soloing stuff for fun!

I kind of just want to take the lazy way out and wish I knew which is better between the two for soloing purposes, because I know they’d both be fun in PvP.

@Zorch Hunter and warlock are both great, but I'm seriously gonna say that warlock was a joke in terms of difficulty. I think the major issue people had with warlock was not knowing how the new statistics worked for the voidwalker. Now that you know you can do it w/o much of an issue. For pvp purposes warlock is under represented, and as much as I love destro I would actually recommend affi if you are solo queing a lot, if you get a team to roll with destro is super fun. My opinion though haha. Play what you like! I have a buddy who is also doing dungs and he is pulling like 80-100dps with his warlock during his solo runs, and only has like 70 armor for his lock, and he's doing just fine. Seriously the class is that good. Just make sure to CoW everything and be active about healing the pet. It's better to play slow until you really get a feel for the class and start improving your gear. To date the easiset class I've done. I'm now doing one more class and have set up the theoreticals for 2 more classes. I will release the guide for soloing in between class 6 and 7. Once I push it that far I won't be chasing this hardcore b/c I am moving onto a new project for soling and group play, but I want to enrich the community and bring something good to the table so players can push just that little bit further with their twinks!

Feel free to PM me or ask me anything via DM mate. If you want I'll send you my b-tag.

@Dragynslayer I just hopped on to say thanks for being such an inspiration on this project. I hit level 20 with my warlock earlier today. I still have quite a bit of gearing up and grinding to do as I have found zero artifact relics in my AH and there is only one person selling Talasite and they want about 8k for a stone which is way more than I can, or would want to pay. I guess the uptick to that is I was the only person I saw doing mining in the Outlands this weekend so hopefully I can collect it up myself.

Depending on schedule and how long it takes to get a couple of artifact relics, I may be hitting the Stockades as early as next weekend.

Cheers!

@Zorch Hunter and warlock are both great, but I'm seriously gonna say that warlock was a joke in terms of difficulty. I think the major issue people had with warlock was not knowing how the new statistics worked for the voidwalker. Now that you know you can do it w/o much of an issue. For pvp purposes warlock is under represented, and as much as I love destro I would actually recommend affi if you are solo queing a lot, if you get a team to roll with destro is super fun. My opinion though haha. Play what you like! I have a buddy who is also doing dungs and he is pulling like 80-100dps with his warlock during his solo runs, and only has like 70 armor for his lock, and he's doing just fine. Seriously the class is that good. Just make sure to CoW everything and be active about healing the pet. It's better to play slow until you really get a feel for the class and start improving your gear. To date the easiset class I've done. I'm now doing one more class and have set up the theoreticals for 2 more classes. I will release the guide for soloing in between class 6 and 7. Once I push it that far I won't be chasing this hardcore b/c I am moving onto a new project for soling and group play, but I want to enrich the community and bring something good to the table so players can push just that little bit further with their twinks!

Feel free to PM me or ask me anything via DM mate. If you want I'll send you my b-tag.
Thanks, man! I really appreciate — sounds like you’ve gotten a few of us to get out of our comfort zones and try our hand at soloing on a Warlock!

@Dragynslayer, one of the perks of working in higher education is snow days! I made some nice progress on quest gear and even happened to team up with a Paladin from these forums by happenstance this morning for some dungeons. Depending how how the gem farming goes, I will start working on the dungeons this weekend. I wanted to take you up on the offer to pick your brain and thought my questions may be relevant to others so I'm posting here.

First, as a somewhat under geared lock, which spec would you recommend? Affliction seems pretty obvious but the lack of real AoE worries me. Demonology has been awesome for questing but I know the damage will drop off quite a bit when I switch to Voidwalker. Thoughts?

Second, what did you mean by the "Int. wall"? Is there are soft cap like the diminishing returns on secondary stats or just not enough gear out in the world?

Thanks again! This project has been a blast!

Hey @brettqpublic , very nice!

I recommend affliction to start, but you can play any of them. Affi can sort of fake aoe with Malefic Rupture, so keep that in your bag of tricks. Demo is fine as well, but I strongly recommend destro once you get your crit/mast up. When I did my run my damage spiked up about 50dps on average thanks to getting my critical and mastery up. You dont' have to worry about AOE that much b/c the voidwalker has his own (small dmg but big threat) AOE, so you can just pick off problem targets quickly. It's really more about not letting them get to you.

What I mean by Int wall is that you will achieve a level of Intellect that will be hard to put elevate based on your gear. This happens b/c you do actually need to invest armor/stamina into the voidwalker or he won't be able to do his job. Therefore it's not anything like DR but rather a limitation of only having so many points to go around and them needing to be properly allocated.

Glad to help man!

Thanks, @Dragynslayer! With Affliction I tend to cycle Corruption and Agony through the targets then drop Malefic Rupture. It gets the job done but sure feels clunky. I guess I'm just spoiled playing a beast master hunter as my main.

Now on to farming that Talasite. I looked into the Steady Sea-Spray gems but I don't have Hyjal rep so may as well just spend the time and do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread