20-29s Armory List

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 Protection Paladin.
This was an old twink that I am making new again.
I am removing all gear that can no longer be gotten and replacing with best in slot.
I should be done by Sept. 1st. 2015.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Proaris/simple

Protection Paladin is not going to top the charts in damage or kills.
It is a support class that can flag run, is hard to kill, and can disrupt and annoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for old prot stuff, besides Deadman's & Skullbreaker obviously, Tiger Hunter's with 15 strength enchant is IMO still BiS for overall stat-value for prot paladins. Even with a now-unusable stat, it's basically 15 STR / 11 Stam, because the enchant is grandfathered. Same with Razzeric's, just 1 less stam. Just in case you had them and thought something new would be better. Tiger Hunter's used to be str/agi, so I had it for a glass cannon set on my old ret paladin as luck would have it.

And while I'm talking about it (because I just updated a prot paladin of my own), what I think are the BiS boots for stam come from the last boss in RFC, and the belt is from a quest chain out of Tarren Mill. Both scale to 6 str, 9 stam, 6 crit as I recall. You're right that you won't be topping charts, though. The sad reality is that you'll barely be making a dent in the charts. But it's still fun for carrying flags or defending points in AB/EotS.

Thanks for this, although I don't understand why some people use greens and other gear that seem a lot worse than BoA's, if anyone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for this, although I don't understand why some people use greens and other gear that seem a lot worse than BoA's, if anyone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it.
There are two reasons for that, generally speaking. Either it has a grandfathered enchant or it scales a desired stat higher than the BoAs while in battlegrounds.

There are two reasons for that, generally speaking. Either it has a grandfathered enchant or it scales a desired stat higher than the BoAs while in battlegrounds.
Oh okay, is there a good tool to use to figure out how things scale? Also what is grandfathering? I'm kind of out of date with the terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh okay, is there a good tool to use to figure out how things scale? Also what is grandfathering? I'm kind of out of date with the terms.

As far as a tool, im not aware of one. I just load my bags with gear and go into a battleground and see what they scale too. Grandfathering is having something that is no longer obtainable in-game anymore. If you click the link for my character the following are grandfathered items or enchants. My Cloak, gloves, boots and 1st ring are grandfathered gear. My Helm,glove and cloak have enchants on them that are grandfathered. Hope that helps, keep on twinking.

As far as a tool, im not aware of one. I just load my bags with gear and go into a battleground and see what they scale too. Grandfathering is having something that is no longer obtainable in-game anymore. If you click the link for my character the following are grandfathered items or enchants. My Cloak, gloves, boots and 1st ring are grandfathered gear. My Helm,glove and cloak have enchants on them that are grandfathered. Hope that helps, keep on twinking.

So what's the point of grandfathering? Do you do more damage with the old items and enchants?

So what's the point of grandfathering? Do you do more damage with the old items and enchants?

Yes and No. There is grandfathered gear that isn't as good as current gear. But most grandfathered enchants I've seen are better than what you can currently get.
It all depends on how you wanna build your twink. I dropped some HP/Haste and a little crit to get my Agility and Attack Power higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread