20-29s Armory List

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I say just put 3-5 armories for each spec. Some armories can confuse people if not updated every patch or missing boas/gear on armory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my biggest issue is that a good chunk of the character's listed are missing items / using items that they shouldn't be / sometimes not even available on the armory.

I think the armory page should be for BiS geared players, not for whoever stacks the most GF'd items regardless of whether or not the stats are useful to their class. Personally I look at the holy pally's on here and just shake my head, no offense to the 3 linked that actually are 20 - 29 holy pallies but none of these builds I would recommend to anyone looking to make a healadin. I understand OP is taking a break from updating this or whatever though but not everyone does.

Why make armory lists specifically for "veteran's" and trial accounts if 20 - 29 covers the whole bracket? Cause this is not specific enough, lol. Obviously someone felt the need to make separate armory thread's for the different "brackets" for a reason guys, I understand people feel the need to contradict me on TI but there's truth in what I say.

P.S. does anyone know if Zeiren is ever going to pick this up again? Or should a new armory page be made?

Originally many moons ago the OP may have copied a few people off of the 24's list. My 20's were on it due to scaling.
Before Vets were introduced, I was pretty much the only P2P that played level 20s as I have been playing scaled level 20's since 5.2(3/13) and I was not welcome on the segregated F2P Armory, even though I keep a trial set handy. I don't normally advertise my armories, but in the case of bringing people down to playing level 20's I made an exception.
When Veterans hit, Burg created an armory for them in the level 20 section separate from the F2P section.
So, we in effect have three armories for our bracket. Trials, Vets and 20-29.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

I volunteer to commit some time to maintaining a new thread if an overwhelming amount of people don't object. I'd try to keep as many of the people mentioned in this list as I could, to a certain degree of course.

If you decide to do this it would be much appreciated.

I volunteer to commit some time to maintaining a new thread if an overwhelming amount of people don't object. I'd try to keep as many of the people mentioned in this list as I could, to a certain degree of course.

The issue with keeping an armory and not restricting it to a few examples per spec is that people get their feelings hurt if they are not included on said list. Case in point is the 19's armory. They have two going because some people were upset because they felt they were not be included simply because of their nationality.
But, if you make an all inclusive list then this list gets too difficult to manage and is very confusing for a first timer.

We are faced with a few choices. This list is not all inclusive.
Leave it the way it is/have the current OP update it. It really has not been all that long after all.
Have someone else (and a Mod) take it over. That way more than one person can manage it.
Make the armory ALL inclusive.
Make the armory where only a set number of each spec are on on it.
Get rid of the Armory all together.

Do we need toons with grandfathered gear on the armory? Probably not.
What we need are toons that are great examples for someone that have never ever created a toon for that spec to click on.
The two toons that I have on there have not changed gear sets/specs in years. All I have done is update them with each patch. If you put your toon on there, you are committing yourself to not changing your gear/spec unless you let the manager of the Armory know. That is how armories work.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

prob best take my char off this list, my twink account's now vet and I logged out on cigarette for the last time in my gnomeregan farm gear, it's no kinda bis ^^

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. I no longer wish to continue updating this thread for reasons being that I've been busy with school and no longer play the game.

If someone else is willing to step up and fulfill the duties of creating an up-to-date armory thread, that would be great - the baton is yours. I've requested this thread be deleted once another one has been constructed so this thread can continue to be a sufficient basis for gearing until a more genuine one is posted and in case the new poster wants to copy the format.

Once again, apologies for not informing sooner.

Cheers.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. I no longer wish to continue updating this thread for reasons being that I've been busy with school and no longer play the game.

If someone else is willing to step up and fulfill the duties of creating an up-to-date armory thread, that would be great - the baton is yours. I've requested this thread be deleted once another one has been constructed so this thread can continue to be a sufficient basis for gearing until a more genuine one is posted and in case the new poster wants to copy the format.

Once again, apologies for not informing sooner.

Cheers.

I'll glady do it if you PM the already written formats so I can just add to them

[MENTION=710]Zeiren[/MENTION] Don't sweat it. Most people fade off after making these stickies. People become a nuisance and the upkeep isn't ever worth it. Thanks for trying.

I'll glady do it if you PM the already written formats so I can just add to them

Keep in mind, the more inclusive it is, the more difficult it will be to keep up.
But, if you only keep five of each spec or you don't put someone on the list you WILL be accused of playing favorites.
Sad, but true.
That is why it is almost not even worth taking over. Nothing to gain but a bunch of headaches. Because you can't please everyone.
Good luck!!!

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Locking for the time being.
[MENTION=710]Zeiren[/MENTION] Thank you for your past dedication to the thread.

edit: based on decision between staff, I will actually pick [MENTION=23518]Turtle[/MENTION]'s thread, that and the fact it was requested by OP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread