19 mounts incoming?

Update 6/15

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Upcoming Mount Changes - Updated 6/15

blizz.gif
In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all ground mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.

Oh boy. Mounts get half cast time too! This won't mess up pvp one bit.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Something that might help (1-58 grind)

Give all new characters all the Azeroth flight paths as soon as they're created. One of the worst things about leveling now (aside from being through the game over 10 times) is all the ridiculously annoying walks. You basically have a 30+ minute walk to whereever you're going to be questing next no matter what, and that can take the wind out of the sails of anybody trying to level a new character from 1.

Org to Xroads.

Xroads to TB.

Xroads to Freewind post.

I remember trying to level in the dwarf areas when I played alliance and that walk to menethil was a nightmare too.

I think the Boa equipment, plus the faster leveling/questing at 30 helps a lot but adding this would make it doable again for me.

blizz.gif
How about some mount changes?

Okay, I'll bite. Are you speaking of the possibility to get a mount before level 30?
blizz.gif
We'll have more information/details for everybody in the near future on this. I know, I'm a tease, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, just hang tight for a little while longer.

Bornakk im not looking for details here, but is the price/ease of obtaining the epic flying skill going to be under review this patch. 5k is alot for alt epic flying skill.
blizz.gif
I would say that we reviewed everything as far as riding skill/mounts goes - while this doesn't mean everything or anything has changed, we'll have the details to share with you in the near future.

Most popular bracket about to get even more popular? Interesting...

Edit: Never mind. They are, in fact, lowering the level of mounts ... to level 20. Sadly, no change for us. =(

http://www.wow.com/

A very big announcement this evening from Zarhym. In the "next major content patch" (which means Patch 3.2) the mount system in WoW will be having some significant changes to it. The highlights are as follows:

* Regular land mounts trainable at level 20

* Epic land mounts trainable at level 40

* Regular flying mounts trainable at level 60

* Regular flying mounts speed increased to a 150% gain

The costs for all the training and mount purchases has been decreased outright, with the exception of the artisan riding skill (epic flying mounts). For all mount costs, faction discounts now apply.

This means that when you hit 60 you'll be able to fly around Hellfire and finish all those quests. Leveling from 60 to 68 is going to become easier and more relaxed. You'll hit Northrend much sooner with this change.

The full details after the break.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

* 60% land mount speed

* Requires level 20

* Cost: 4 gold

* Mount cost: 1 gold

* Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)

* 100% land mount speed

* Requires level 40

* Cost: 50 gold

* Mount cost: 10 gold

* Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)

* 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed

* Requires level 60

* Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)

* Mount Cost: 50 gold

* Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)

* 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed

* Requires level 70

* Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)

* Mount Cost: 100 gold

Updated note: Cold Weather Flying will remain unchanged.

if they add mounts then that will suck....HARD.

I would welcome this change with open arms. Graveyard -> graveyard is at least a two minute run without running into hunters etc.

Dude, 49 twinks are going to be awesome now. ^_^ Yay for them. On the other hand, woot 29 bracket?

I can see why this is both good and bad for any bracket, but (and I really hate to take a side) I think the good out weights the bad, even for twinks. I can't see this being to terrible of a change that it ruins the bracket, but I can see a lot of people rethinking their game plans a bit.

Although, it does give you a chance from 1-29 to raise your rep with the other factions in hopes of getting a different races mount.

~Zuty

Hmm...I'm completely torn on this...for a few reasons: I'm hella old school, and it displeases me to see blizzard change all the things they kept so close before, I wasn't terribly impressed with the mounts at 30 in the first place...now epic mounts at 40? FLYING MOUNTS AT 60-AND FASTER?

Although, I am rolling a 49 soon, so epic land mounts may be sweet, i think it angers me the most because i've done it all old-school, did all my leveling (like 10 characters to 60+ (6 to 70)) before any of these changes came into play, before the mounts and before all the BoA's and before the experience increase xD

Like most people, i guess the good out-weighs the bad, especially in twinking perspective. No more only-DK's-with-epic-mounts in the 59 group, and good news for 29 bracket? I might actually have to roll one now ^^ As for the 19 bracket, i think it is better with out, i know it would help catch hunters...But I think its better without them.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It will take 4-6 Weeks till this change comes out so don't be sad. Until then you will have bought the mount anyway.;)

This is just a fact of life.

They've bumped the level cap two times since the initial release and I suspect that WoW characters will eventually hit 120 before all is said and done. You can't expect everyone to pick up this game and think it's Tom Terrific they can't get their character to that of their RL friends without playing for 4 months.

I had to beg, plead and steal players to get my Dreadsteed quest line done after TBC came out and I was a WoW newbie. While it infuriates me that they give it away now I was vehemently for a change when I had to run the quest when all anyone was doing was trying to hit 70.

If 60 was the level cap and people were still running BRD, Strat and Scholo endlessly prepping for T1 content of course this would be cheap and unfair. However vanilla WoW ended two and a half years ago and you have to realize this is 100% necessary to allow new players to pick up the game and max level in a decent period of time to play with the people that got them into the game in the first place.

Personally I am happy they are not adding mounts in at 19, Good to hear they adding mounts in at 29, AB is a pain to run around imo :(

Kítty

Users who are viewing this thread