19 Hunter, The "Int" Build.

Yo, im in the process of updating my old hunter in it's 1 and a half year old agi build to this. Was wondering if Darkweave Breeches would be viable or does the 9 agil on Fangs outweigh the 7 int?

Amazing guide, It's extremely detailed and it worked like a charm, but I've showed other hunters your guide and they say INT isn't the best.

draem said:
Amazing guide, It's extremely detailed and it worked like a charm, but I've showed other hunters your guide and they say INT isn't the best.

The reason that a dedicated int build is looked down upon is that chaining crits is such a rarity. While it's overall damage output should be higher, it's capacity to surprise healers with a sudden and dramatic jump in damage tends to be lacking when compared to agility heavy gearing. 2 and 3 crit streaks tend to leave someone dead or get a healer into a panic.

draem said:

I don't think you should just go by what any hunter says. A lot of hunters think that str is usefull to them. >_>

Kore nametooshort said:
Looks like it, although it doesnt list the BoA chests or Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders.

It might still be good, but it won't be when Cata hits. Int will be worthless to hunters.

I'm interested to see what happens to the melee weapon slot. Hoping that the Taskmaster's Axe gets a long overdue re-itemization.

I currently rolled an Int build and I am able to outlast other hunters because I have more mana and pretty much the same effect. Although I will be forced to roll agi soon I'm positive that the Int build is the best spec until cataclysm.

jailbot said:
I don't think you should just go by what any hunter says. A lot of hunters think that str is usefull to them. >_>

But it is useful for my Raptor Strikes and Mongoose Bites!!!

Even if Agility is better than Strength in every way imaginable, it isn't entirely a wasted stat for me!

That being said, what strength happens to be on my gear is only there because it just happened to be on gear that had other qualities I was looking for... such as the highest agility for the slot or slowest swing timer amongst 2hs.

That being said, Int can max on AP for the bracket, but loses on crit/armor/dodge... but you gain a bigger mana pool, which means you can keep in a fight longer.

Not sure if I'm able to stay out of the 19 world. As of today I plan on updating this guide upon Cata's release. Intellect is still currently the best all around build for a 19 hunter and will be until Cata.

Working on a brand new hunter and this guide will in fact be updated for the shattering and Cataclysm. :D

Nice, good stuff. I'm gonna move this thread out of the section for now since there are no more int builds. ;P

Users who are viewing this thread