EU+US 101 Tank Twink?

Winterly

Level 1 Hunter
Hey guys, I saw a 101 Twink video on YouTube that showed an averagely geared 101 Twink be able to pull massive amounts of Mobs in Normal Eye of Azshara and not have any issues with them what so ever, soloing this is. So, I was wondering, what would be considered the best Tank to be at 101 with fully 850+ Gear and Artifact Traits? I main a 110 Guardian Druid and I think they're one of the strongest Tanks in the game due to the massive amounts of AoE, Armor, and Health that they have. What are your guys's opinions?

At 101 the strongest Tank by far is a Vengeance Demon Hunter. We have the highest DPS of all tanks, the highest mobility and the best self-healing. One of the reasons are the increased stats to compensate the lack of talents.

With 7.1 we will lose AoE Fear and Spell Damage Reduction which doesn't too much in PVE. Only in PVP it is :sadface:. But in PVP Tanks are more than squishy anyways atm. Hopefully it will change in the future.

I'm far away of being near BiS, atm sitting at 769 and I can pull so freaking much in instances, it is ridiculous. And we don't have to use Demon Spikes (which got nerfed already) at all and so we can pull out even more DPS, cause we have more pain for Soul Cleave. (which increases our healing aswell.)

Another nice side-effect if you are running old content, you can switch to Havoc and because of the mass amount of mastery we are freaking fast. My base runspeed atm is 143% without any +speed items.

Last edited:
At 101 the strongest Tank by far is a Vengeance Demon Hunter. We have the highest DPS of all tanks, the highest mobility and the best self-healing. One of the reasons are the increased stats to compensate the lack of talents.

With 7.1 we will lose AoE Fear and Spell Damage Reduction which doesn't matter at all in PVE. Only in PVP it is :sadface:. But in PVP Tanks are more than squishy anyways atm. Hopefully it will change in the future.

I'm far away of being near BiS, atm sitting at 769 and I can pull so freaking much in instances, it is ridiculous. And we don't have to use Demon Spikes (which got nerfed already) at all and so we can pull out even more DPS, cause we have more pain for Soul Cleave. (which increases our healing aswell.)

Another nice side-effect if you are running old content, you can switch to Havoc and because of the mass amount of mastery we are freaking fast. My base runspeed atm is 143% without any +speed items.
So, how do you think a bear would do? If a demon hunter is that much better I'll try that out.

With 7.1 we will lose AoE Fear and Spell Damage Reduction which doesn't matter at all in PVE. Only in PVP it is :sadface:. But in PVP Tanks are more than squishy anyways atm. Hopefully it will change in the future.

I haven't played a DH at 101 but after seeing a friend's basic (835) geared 102 DH, I would disagree with My and say that DK's are better :p

For aoe dps, Blood Boil deals really good damage (64k non-crit, cd reduced by haste) and then you have Blood Plague + Death and Decay + Heart Strike cleaving 5 targets. Our artifact ability Consumption hits for ~150k (non-crit) in a frontal cone.

Our survival in aoe situations scales pretty well too:
- You can get a trait that makes Heart Strike heal you for 25% of the damage it deals
- Blood Plague heals you for the damage it deals (~115k over 24 secs) which includes the Blood Plagues applied by your Dancing Rune Weapons
- The left-most golden trait makes Vampiric Blood give you an absorb at the end for 5 times the damage dealt by all your Blood Plagues in it's duration (including the DRW ones)
- Consumption also heals us for the damage it deals

Burst dps is crazy good with the DRW traits which basically triple your DPS for 14 secs.

As for PvP, I can hold my own against most 110s :)

Honestly though, if all you're wanting to do is farm instances and open-world mobs, it would be a lot cheaper to make a 99 twink. You can get a good set of gear just from a day of questing and you can get all the gathering profession quests that a 101 can.

Hey guys, I saw a 101 Twink video on YouTube that showed an averagely geared 101 Twink be able to pull massive amounts of Mobs in Normal Eye of Azshara and not have any issues with them what so ever, soloing this is. ?
If you're talking about THIS Video on YouTube he wasn't averagely geared at all, he was 790 iLvL on his DH (it cost him around 6-700K Gold he said). I think Bear would do just fine, you have it really easy when it comes to standing in one spot and range pulling with Moonfire.

Side note: I think one of the BEST Trinkets for doing this very thing is the highest iLvL Mark of Supreme Doom you can get from Kazzak in Tanaan Jungle. The amount of Avoidance / Leech / Speed from a single item is insane.

Last edited:
And we don't have to use Demon Spikes (which got nerfed already) at all and so we can pull out even more DPS, cause we have more pain for Soul Cleave. (which increases our healing aswell.)
You SHOULD be using Demon Spikes, with the Razor Spikes Talent, because it causes you do do even more damage.

You SHOULD be using Demon Spikes, with the Razor Spikes Talent, because it causes you do do even more damage.
No. Because it only increases my physical damage. 99% of the time we are AoE pulling and most of our abilities deal fire damage. Agonizing Flames is far superior. (You quoted me out of context, it was the instance part.)

As for PvP, I can hold my own against most 110s
Open world, yes. Have you tried instanced PVP? :(

Honestly though, if all you're wanting to do is farm instances and open-world mobs, it would be a lot cheaper to make a 99 twink. You can get a good set of gear just from a day of questing and you can get all the gathering profession quests that a 101 can.

Would you compare a 99 blood DK with no BoE epics to a 101 with all the 835 BoE available to them? I'm finding the 835 are dropping steadily on my servers, and finding a 99 epic there is nigh impossible.

No. Because it only increases my physical damage. 99% of the time we are AoE pulling and most of our abilities deal fire damage. Agonizing Flames is far superior. (You quoted me out of context, it was the instance part.)
I've tested both and on my 99 Razor Spikes is superior overall Damage Done in the Dungeons I've ran. Granted this isn't solo-pull all Trash to the Boss kind of Dungeon runs but it still counts lots of AOE (pretty much all Trash pulls) vs ST on most Bosses.

Agonizing Flames - Effects only 1 Ability, and only for 6 seconds (Haste dependent how long the CD is).
Razor Spikes - (@99) Effects our 2nd most damaging ability, Soul Cleave, + Shear and Throw Glaive. Demon Spikes only costs 20 Pain and is very easy to keep up while rotating plenty of Soul Cleaves in which requires at least 30 Pain.

I'd love to see parse differences in massive Dungeon pulls of ~20+ Mobs with each Talent on your 101 since you have additional Abilities and 1 more Talent than 99's do, it'd be interesting to see which is truly higher throughput.

Would you compare a 99 blood DK with no BoE epics to a 101 with all the 835 BoE available to them? I'm finding the 835 are dropping steadily on my servers, and finding a 99 epic there is nigh impossible.
A 101 in 835s would definitely be a bit more powerful than a 99 in quest gear, can't really put a number on how much better though. The difference wouldn't really matter for soloing dungeons and outdoor farming, at that point things die fast and it's unlikely anything will kill you except insane pulls.

DeLindsay had a good point - if you're going to be farming mobs where you need to tag them from range then spells like Moonfire would be very useful.

Just pick whichever class you enjoy and choose 101 if you don't mind investing a bit of gold in BoEs, otherwise a 99 is a viable alternative but takes a day or 2 to gear up. If the character isn't just for farming and you might get into twinking then the choice is 99 for PvP (arenas/bgs) or 101 for PvE (and world PvP).

At 101 the strongest Tank by far is a Vengeance Demon Hunter.
I created a DH to try out (twinking). My goal is to get him up to 850 Item Level with time invested. What is your Priority stats that you are currently using for your 101 Demon Hunter?

I read ICY-VEINS, Ask Mr. Robot, noxxic, Blattle.net Forums, and so on.

The problem is that they all talk about 110 characters, I was wondering does 101 has similar issues with hard cap (haste) too?

Do twinking players has a go to page besides xpoff? Any information will help me.

What is your Priority stats that you are currently using for your 101 Demon Hunter?
Mastery -> Versatility. Why I ignore the other two in a way? The haste soft cap can be reached pretty easily. Unbuffed I'm sitting at ~47% and the soft cap is 50%. If I would use +haste enchants / gems I would already be lower than the 1s GCD which is a waste.

If you wanna check your GCD, you can use this macro:
Code:
/run GCD=1.5/(1+(UnitSpellHaste("player")/100))print("GCD: "..GCD)

And Crit Cap should be reachable aswell. And you will have a lot of Crit / Haste even if you ignore it completely. The reason for it is quite simple. Belt has crit, Gloves have haste. On our neck we can chose between haste or crit and the cloak has Crit + Haste. Chest and Shoulders have Crit + Haste. Wrists have Crit and Legs have Haste.

As you can see there isn't anything we can do about getting a lot of Haste and Crit. And if you are trying to hit a cap as early as possible, there are always the "1x 2nd stat rings". The 835 version with +Haste gives ~15% Haste for example.

Do twinking players has a go to page besides xpoff? Any information will help me.
Don't use noxxic, there is too often wrong information. For Vengeance we have THE source atm:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPuvPL7wYkiBrHz861rAHxNoDqzc7scO3eg-TCnYCSo/edit
This guide is from the author who writes the Vengeance Guides on mmo-champion, icy-veins and wowhead. The google doc is always the most up to date of all of them. And if you have a specific question than you can do it here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2015447-Munkkys-Vengeance-Demon-Hunter-Guide
He normally answers them all.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have to make two posts before I can post a link to my armory...so here's a 2nd post.

I've soloed Kazzak so far, going to try HFC Normal tonight at work.

Don't use noxxic, there is too often wrong information. For Vengeance we have THE source atm:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPuvPL7wYkiBrHz861rAHxNoDqzc7scO3eg-TCnYCSo/edit
This guide is from the author who writes the Vengeance Guides on mmo-champion, icy-veins and wowhead. The google doc is always the most up to date of all of them. And if you have a specific question than you can do it here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2015447-Munkkys-Vengeance-Demon-Hunter-Guide

Wow, am impressed really good information. I will keep reading all the different post. Thanks for explaining the crit and haste. I will focus on Mastery and Versatility. I will use that Macro to get the GCD.

I read the Vengeance Demon Hunter Feedback/Future Guide, and it gives useful facts. I do have a couple of questions. What would be the recommended relic build path for a 101 Twink account?

Picture from The Google doc:
W3N_T1Gjh6U342Tswz7_CW8iLi1ADPXF6GFqegfIEErWfku366aeQQfCiALTwxFaFbJIXx2Y0i-QVETIklVwgvLO23FBuP07sjvMV73trinKCVIi71Kn7HYTr13Rm6y2JClOE99y

my second question would be what's the great Iron, and Arcane Artifact Relic I can get at for a character at 101?

My third question would be, knowing that my 3rd artifact slot won't be available for my 101 character. Does artifact power matters? If yes it worth farming for Artifact power? At the moment i am following the quest line and I am in the second zone and I get about 100 Artifact power drops.

Just out of curiosity, why are you using Leather/Mail on a Prot Pally? I could understand if you were Holy I guess but not Prot.

Still get the benefit of all of the stats such as haste, crit, mastery & stamina off of leather/mail items....once I get plate pieces to replace them they will go to the wayside. As of right now I have not been able to find any pieces at all to fit those needs. Gold not being an issue either....they just simply don't exist.

Also, I need to re-do my talents as well per icy-veins and I can gain a lot more survivability which I'll probably need in HFC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread