XPOFF's Most Valuable Players

We could postpone this MVP vote if you as the community feel there's no one right now who'd deserve it, of course.
Your input is noted and appreciated. If you feel the same as @Iild does, speak up now!

Agreed, whoever removes Anonymous posting deserves MVP. The fact that someoen can create a Thread, then log out and post on their own Thread to make it seem like the Thread has activity is a joke.
[doublepost=1520315899,1520315855][/doublepost]Also agree with @Iild - I'll take the MVP badge, sure, but no one deserves it atm. Postpone the vote till I release my Cata server. :^)

I don't feel like this MVP vote should be postponed, as there would be conscious efforts to butter up the community in the hopes to grab it.

I'd like to see @docturphil get it. He more than deserves it for his efforts for 99's, in gathering and compiling a lot of information, in being very willing to help others, in handing out gear to other twinks for free etc.. if you were part of the 99s bracket you'd know he's invaluable.. so @docturphil

@Iild @Selaya @Mvq

It's not about who has earned it in the past week or the past three months. It extends to the beginning of the forums. There's definitely a handful of active candidates that have contributed or have been helpful in some way over time.

It's not about who has earned it in the past week or the past three months. It extends to the beginning of the forums. There's definitely a handful of active candidates that have contributed or have been helpful in some way over time.

if it isnt awarded to who has been mvp over the last 3 months, every award is going to be given to the same person because nobody is doing anything and wont again

I agree with lild here. If theres going to be MVP nominations every 3 months, then it should focus on those 3 months. Maybe change it to every 6 or 12 months to ask for nominations if people feel that there 3 months is too often. Maybe use past contributions to decide a tie or something - but the focus should be in whatever time period is given.

I'll disagree with some of the earlier posts on not having an MVP. MVP is "Most Valuable Player". Not "Most Valuable Player who meets some arbitrary minimum standards". So if these happen every 3 months, it should be the MVP for those 3 months. Even if those months are slow or no one does anything amazing. Think about it this way...even if the superbowl is a really shitty game, theres still an MVP.

If people want to do a different award that is only for contributors who do really awesome things and isn't tied to a certain period of time - then great. Make that award happen. It'd be the equivalent of inducting people into the hall of fame or w/e. But don't mix it up with MVP.

in my personal opinion the only person making moves and building excitement to actually play wow is @Mvq with his private servers which unfortunately have been let down and fallen apart due to developers and him losing focus due to other things, but his cata server reopening announcement is the only thing me and a handful of others are looking forward to, but again none of this will be done before deadline ends

giving someone mvp because they posted information about gear scaling in an expansion where gear doesnt matter is ridiculous and a joke, dont do that

Also gonna disagree here. People make twinks for different reasons and have different priorities. You like wargames and private servers - which is great. I don't give a shit about private servers, and haven't been interested in wargames since WotLK when the twink guild I played with stopped playing. I care about twinking on wow servers (in whatever shitty state they are in...) and figuring out the best gear. Even if gear doesn't really matter because blizz is good at fucking things up - the gear is what I (and some others) care about. Its fine that theres very little difference between a new twink and BiS - I want to focus on getting the best gear. Thats what twinking is to me.

So its fine that you don't care about gear, especially in legion where gear matters so little. But getting the best gear on the official blizzard servers IS twinking to some people - so it isn't "ridiculous and a joke" - its just someone who focuses on a different part of twinking than you.

Last edited:
I nominate my boy @Kunqq, man literally took bans in the name of our guildname. Always reliable and consistent not only as a bg player but as a person, trustworthy and loyal. Kunq is a real competitor in the 20-29 bg space and always tough to keep up with in damage and flag returns.

#MVPnominationssoUS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread