xenForo feedback

Dreams

fastest shadowstep in the west
Since I don't see an official feedback thread I guess I'll make my own.

Now, I don't know the reason behind the forum software change (I thought the old one worked fine) but I'm assuming it was important to some people.

A few things though:
  • Can we change the big xenForo logo on the top of every page to a twinkinfo one instead?
  • How about a few colors? Like how the EU and US tags used to have different colors etc. Now everything is just grey which is a bit boring.
  • I don't know if this one is possible but could you fix all the old threads? I've noticed for example that user mentions in every old thread are broken. (they display as "[MENTION=xxxxx]user[/MENTION]")
  • Everyone lost their given and received likes from the old site
  • Also I may be blind but as I'm creating this thread I'm not seeing a show/hide signature option or a disable smileys option OR an option to "go advanced"
  • tl;dr I basically just want old TI back within the new layout, if possible

we should all just be patient for the update from admin

also why the fuck am I "eye"
how to log in properly..

Okay I don't even see an option to edit my own thread (I may just be blind) so I'll make a post instead, I guess.

I noticed a few more things:
  • When you mouseover wowhead links they no longer display the item tooltip
  • I would prefer if sticky threads were highlighted with a slightly different color instead of a tiny barely noticeable red pin icon
  • There's a little orange arrow that allows you to go to the last post in a thread, but that arrow is randomly not there for every thread? Perhaps it's not there if there are no posts in the thread you haven't read? There should be an option to go to the last post in a thread regardless of anything.
  • I'm noticing now that I'm creating a post instead of a thread that there is in fact a "more options" button, however, it just gives me the same amount of options that I had when I was creating a thread. And there are a LOT of features from the old site missing here.

I hope this doesn't come across as me just complaining about pointless things. I can get used to a new graphic style and layout, but please don't take features away in the process.

It's difficult to view the site on a tablet. Everything is squished into a narrow column in the middle, and text is displaying vertically instead of horizontally.

The change is only in it's infancy, we need to give the administration some time to work the kinks out.
With that said...
Yes, the TI logo should be at the top and I am sure they are working on that. They just wanted to get the site back up and going.
If people do have signatures, they are not showing up at all on my IPhone.

We just need to let the administration do their thing. Give them a week or two before we get the pitchforks and torches.

Gross.

The instant gratification people are whining all over the forum! Can someone please give them a pacifier?

You people need to learn some patience. Give it a week before you start crying you don't like it, not milliseconds.

I think the achievements are hilarious, kind of funny to see a leaderboard on stuff like "who has the most posts" etc., only criticism I have is really that basic functions that were on the old site, like editing posts / signatures / profile info, isn't available as of yet on here... which means until then it's just going to be troll central.

xenForo's alright though, can't really complain about some of the new features.

Signatures should be working now and everyone should be able to edit posts and their profile, if you can't let me know. If there are any other specific issues please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

Signatures should be working now and everyone should be able to edit posts and their profile, if you can't let me know. If there are any other specific issues please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

The site is ugly, make it look a bit more modern.

It doesn't bother me too much ATM. Just needs to be optimized for efficiency and touched up aesthetically. It's very clean tho. Would like to see the old colors return and the Logo

Users who are viewing this thread